January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulhamfc3, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    So What will Fulham do in January? Is there anybody on websites that Fulham wants to buy? Fulham need defenders and the MLS might be a good League to get some defenders they did last time and Boca is one of the best on the team if not the best defender.

2. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    What MLS defenders are you suggesting? I do think getting a defender or two is necessary, but I am not sure there are any here for Fulham to get. We will see though.

3. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Once Bonni is ready to play again (assuming he picks up last years form) our defense will be very solid and will have alot more depth, thus no real need for another defender really. Lets no forget Zesh also!!

Boca is not the best defender on Fulham's Squad but he is up there in the ranks!!

4. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I just think some depth would help the defense. Any time an injury occurs, we have some trouble. It would just be nice to have an insurance policy in the back.

5. hartley

hartley Member

Would you be interested in bringing in Kasey Keller considering Van Da Sar hasn't signed a new contract and may be moving on?

6. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    No thanks. Not interested at all. I do not see this as happening.

7. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Ryan Nelsen,Eddie Pope,if you want an attacking defender then Chris Albright. Maybe Fulham could try and get a keeper or forward.Fulham should buy 1 or 2 defenders just to add some depth to the squad.

8. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Eddie Pope is at least 30 now and I do not think the others are what Fulham needs right now. Defenders yes, these MLS players right now, no.

9. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Pope is about 30 but, still he is a good defender. The reason why MLS is because they are cheap.Fulham could try and get Vincent Kompany but, he would be alot of money he is a good defender and is 18 or 19.Fulham could go to Serie A but, once again most of the good defenders would be alot of money.

10. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Well Keller is being named as one player for Fulham. Why would Fulham want Keller?Hes like 34 and isnt really that great of a keeper. If this were Freidel or Howard then maybe but, Keller no.

11. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Thats because we don't want him!!!!!

12. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Keller isnt a great keeper and really some matches isnt even a good keeper.With the USA he gets so many clean sheets but, thats because USA has a world class defense and wont let a great shot on goal.When USA does sometimes have a bad match Keller dosent do all that great. Last year against Brasil Gold Cup semis hes having a good match so far then he makes a mistake and gives up 2 goals and USA lose.Keller will probably go to Real Salt Lake but, still he should not go to Fulham.

13. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    That is wrong. Keller gets clean sheets because the US plays Grenada, El Salvador and other crap teams. While the US defense is pretty good, I would have a decent shot at a clean sheet against some of those teams.

14. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London

Hahaha, sorry....

15. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    No. What is the Netherlands,Italia,Argentina,Brasil,Mexico. What are those teams.Jason Roberst is one of the leading goalscorers in the Championship.The USA has a World Class defense. The players arent World Class but, the team is class.The USA has allowed a grand total of 17 goals in the past 2 years. Some of those teams are Cameroon,Turkey,Brasil(2 times),Mexico(2 times),Poland(2 times),Costa Rica,Jamaica(2 times),Argentina,Paraguay,Netherlands,Denmark(both the USA and Denmark didnt have their A teams). All of those teams are good teams.Some of those matches were in Competitions. 17 goals in 28 or 29 matches thats good.

16. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Believe what you want to believe, but friendlies are not the same as World Cups and other Cup Qualifiers. Friendlies and such do not always bring out the best players in each country. I am a fan of the USMNT, but I will be the first to admit that the competition they face is not that great in World Cup Qualifiers and games that count.

17. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Ok they played Brasil,Cameroon,Turkey,Brasil(again),Costa Rica,Jamaica. In the Confederations Cup,Gold Cup,and 1 World Cup qualifier.All of those teams are class teams.The USA is a world class team not only in defense but, in the Midfield,and Attack.

18. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Similar to all of your other posts, I am going to agree to disagree with you. If the US was in Europe, they would be struggling to make it based on how they have played in the Qualifiers. The Conderations Cup and the Gold Cup do not mean anything to anyone. Save your rhetoric for someone else.

19. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    If the USA was in Europe they would be in a group with no class teams and one ok team.Just like every other Class team. The USA would qualify for the World Cup in Europe and it wouldnt be that hard.Also the USA hasnt done all that well in these qualifiers and they are still qualifyed for the next group and have one match to go.England hasnt done well in their qualifiers France hasnt but, once again if the USA has a bad match its always the USA sucks the USA sucks.

20. 1fulhamfan

1fulhamfan New Member

Feb 10, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I really can't foresee much activity in January considering we haven't really had a good look at the players we picked up in the summer. We don't really know our needs because of injury suspensions, etc. This team, when it gels, and it will (In Cookie we trust), should compete well.

If EVDS says he wants to leave then we will need another keeper.

I do wish he would come out and say what he wants so Cookie can plan accordingly.

21. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I agree. If he wants to leave, we should try to sell him and get something for him. I am not thinking Crossley is the everyday answer, but he is decent. We could get some cash for EVS and get another keeper, not Keller, in January.

22. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Right now it should go like this. Sell VDS get the most money you can. Then buy a keeper in the Summer(if Crossley isnt doing well in January then buy one then). Dont buy Keller. Man Utd have 2 quality keepers try and get one there.Also Blackburn might get relegated and if that happens then Fulham could get Freidel.Southampton might get relegated maybe Norwich both of those teams have quality keepers.So in other words there will be some quality Keepers in the Summer.

23. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Yeah, well our keeper (VDS) is going to be one of them come the summer and if we don't sell him in Jan. then he goes for free in June...

Its either a new deal or we sell in Jan. Thats all that can save us now...

24. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas

I agree 100%. Really Fulham should sell him.The key is to let VDS play in December. Even if Crossley is getting clean sheet after clean sheet.The reason why is if VDS has a great December then some teams will want to pay more.Crossley is a good keeper and if hes doing well then Fulham can wait til Summer to buy a keeper.VDS might want to sign a new deal but, it might be best for Fulham to sell him in January.

25. pshelton

pshelton New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    SLC, Utah
    Yikes...I hope not...I live in Salt Lake. I would rather give a younger, less known keeper a chance.