January transfer rumours and speculations

Discussion in 'Israel' started by IngvarSimferopol, Dec 8, 2009.

1. IngvarSimferopol

Jul 28, 2008
    That core includes a up-and-coming 19 year-old midfielder Markus Astvald, who was recently re-signed by the club, but may exclude Finnish midfielder Roni Porokara who has been rumored to be leaving for Maccabai Tel-Aviv.

"It is great that Astvald got extended," continued Bedoya. "He has really established himself in this league. Me and Roni are really close friends, so if he leaves, we would need someone to fill his spot at left midfielder. Also maybe a defensive midfielder and a defender to provide some more competition."

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=5529

2. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    With the January transfer window coming up where our players rumoured to go? And which ligat haal players you think are good enough for Europe?

Rumours
    Lior Rafaelov -> Everton
    Gai Assulin -> Arsenal
    Eliran Atar -> Hapoel Tel Aviv, Maccabi Haifa

Good enough for Europe
    Shechter
    Baruchian
    Atar
    Golasa soon

3. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i think the players should stay, and we must bring our players in foreigner leagues back, i'm all for making Israeli league stronger and dont sell any player abroad, if we invest some money in youth, infrastructure and reduce the number of foreigners so teams will buy the best they can and not 5 bad quality foreigners who take the place of the local players we could be the 6-9 league of europe...no doubt about it..!

4. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im all for Israelis playing at home, but how can Israel get better without foreigners. The EPL is one of the best leagues in the world, and there are alot of foreigners, but that just increases the playing level. When Maccabi Haifa were last in the champions league, who did they have on their team? Yakubu? Giovanni Rosso?

There is no question that too many foreigners can be bad, but adding a little foreign flair never hurt anyone, and at the least it creates a good image of israel in the world's eyes. If israel didnt allow foreigners to play soccer there, it would become somewhat of an unknown.

5. snowbozo21

snowbozo21 New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Wandering
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I agree with Schnorrer partially, if our players are going to only a marginally better league in Belgium then they should stay in Israel, on the other hand if they goto a league like Germany, France, England, Italy or Spain, then its a good move for them. Barda, Golan, Ziv, and Strul should be playing in Israel.
    It's better for our NT when we have players in the really big leagues.

6. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    when did i say no foreigners at all??? i said insted of bringing 5 crappy foreigners like most teams do, reduce the number to a max of 3, so the clubs will have to bring the BEST they can...capisce now? cause to have a crappy foreigner playing better to have a young israeli doing the job...

7. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then its on the clubs to bring in good foreigners instead of crappy ones. I think they have been jumping the gun recently with all these brazilians, and they arnt working out so well.

8. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    With Europe I don't mean Belgium but Epl, Spain, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and such. If our players are there and do well they will develop and make our NT better and give Israel a better image.

Recent rumour
    Itay Shechter -> Hamburg

9. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  10. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I am not sure whether it is the right time for Eyal to move. Perhaps one more season at Maccabi Haifa would be good - especially if they can get better results in Europe next season. Plus, he would not get much game time at Bayern...maybe the other German clubs rumoured to be interested in him would be better fits. He is a very good talent and is only 18.

11. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more year and he will be lost forever to the biggest threat to Israeli football, the IDF.

12. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Golasa's agent is quoted in a German newspaper that Borussia Dortmund would be the best club for Golasa (since Dortmund is known for giving young players a chance...) and that Golasa wants to move as soon as possible to be exempt from military service.

What can you guys tell me about Golasa? What kind of player is he?

13. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Golasa is a creative, attacking midfielder. Very fast and a good dribbler. He is quite similar to Yossi Benayoun, and also wears the number 15 for his club. He has a lot of upside and will only get better, having just broken into Haifa's first team last season.

Here is a good article: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1254163546960&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

14. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thanks! We need players for LOM and OM, so that might work. We'll see.

15. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Samuel Yeboah will go to Genk for 700,000 Euros.

16. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Olympiakos are ready to pay 6 million Euros for Benayoun. Personally I think it's very little money for a player like Benayoun.

17. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Haim Megrehashvili is back in Israel. He signed for Maccabi Petah Tikva. Barukh Dego is loaned from Ashdod to cypriot club Nea Salamina Famagusta.

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My proposal:

Itay Shechter -> BMG (in a swap with Roberto Colautti and some cash).

:)

19. IngvarSimferopol

Jul 28, 2008
    Reports in the Israeli press this morning have linked Hapoel Tel Aviv with a move for Wigan midfielder Daniel De Ridder .
    The 25-year-old right-sided midfielder has yet to play for Wigan this season and appears to be out of favour at the DW Stadium under manager Roberto Martinez.
    De Ridder has long been linked with a move to Israel, a country where he holds second nationality.
    The former Ajax midfielder is contracted to Wigan until the end of the 2010/2011 campaign.

20. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Maccabi Haifa got 26-year-old Finnish winger Roni Porokara, and released forward Eial Strahman.

22. IngvarSimferopol

Jul 28, 2008
  23. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Levan Khmaladze

Georgian midfielder, Levan Khmaladze, who was just on trial at Maccabi Haifa, has been signed by city rivals, Hapoel.

24. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daniël de Ridder

Wigan Athletic midfielder, Daniël de Ridder, is going to join Hapoel Tel Aviv on a loan until the end of the season. Daniël de Ridder hasn't seen any playing time this season and if Roni Porokara does not sign with Maccabi Haifa, I see this loan as a huge loss for Haifa.