January transfer rumors

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by AndSomeAreAngels, Dec 16, 2004.

1. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, since we finally have a forum I think it's appropriate to add the obligatory "Jan. Transfers" thread.

I read a quote from Edu today where he basically said he was going to go to either Barcelona, Real, or Valencia. It's been rumored for quite awhile that he's headed for Barcelona, but is Valencia in the mix?

What other players are rumored to be on their way in or out?

2. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX

Gonzalo de los Santos is definetly going somewhere as he's not in Ranieri's plans. I also hope Valencia moves one of their target forwards. Di Viao, Mista, and Corradi all play the position right now and none of the are settled in the situation.

3. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shipping Mista seems inevitable, but I get the feeling it won't happen, despite the fact that Benitez desperately needs a striker at Liverpool. If Ranieri's not going to play him, he needs to be sold.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Congrats on the forum boys!
    Any chance fo sending Fiore back to us? Its not like you're using him!

5. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    i still can`t understand why you guys have frozen out this uruguay international mid De Los Santos, i expected him to at least start some games for you guys when he moved from malaga and especially when you had injury problems but he wasn`t even on the bench when you crashed espanyol. i my self also do`nt see him staying around for so long..

i also don`t see you guys busy in the jan window, to me you really don`t have to worry about signings, yes you made a slow start to this year`s primera campaign but it was basically due to injuries, vicente who is back, the wizard aimar is also back for you guys, pumas stopper ayala is back to partner marchena with the so far impressive marco caneira and curro torres joing in..

6. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    edu??? i wouldn`t go for him, a little overated may be back then when he was with corithians, to me he hasn`t been that impressive for the gunners, a few good games but but no no no..

and your midfield pairing if at full strength is particularly brilliant.. vicente should he rediscover last season`s form and sharpness, baraja is still pulling the strings and constant drive from mid, fiore had a slow start but now he is starting for you guys, the creative linkman aimar, the likes of attacking mid rufete provide cover, rufete is also available.

you also don`t look worrying in attack with di viao , angulo, mista who is has been on and off this season in contrast to his magnificent season last term, extra cover is provided by corradi who has so far disappointed me, i had high expectations for him, then malian international youngster sissoko and of course Xisco who i think should get more playing time..

last season you relied on a very solid midfield that was had to break down and consistency as such with such a midfield pairing still around i really don`t see you guys reinforcing.. the only thing i want is to sell us the tenacious stopper marchena, hehehehe that would be a great new year gift for barca from you guys..

7. O'Dubhghaill Rules!

May 21, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  8. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How a world-class player like Aimar isn't in Ranieri's plans is beyond me. Is there any other manager in the world who wouldn't be playing Aimar every game? I understand that he's had fitness/injury setbacks, but if he's healthy he should be on the pitch. No questions asked.

WTF is Ranieri doing to this club? Selling Aimar will be a travesty if it happens.

9. El Che

El Che New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Virginia
    I also can't understand why Aimar isn't on the field every second he is healthy. It has become obvious in the past that Aimar is not very effective when he comes on late, he is a player that needs to be in from the start in order to involve himself in the flow of the game.

There is no way Aimar should be allowed to leave. If Ranieri is willing to let Aimar leave, then Ranieri has to go.