January Transfer Rumors For The Rosanero

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by ForzaPalermo2006, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ForzaPalermo2006

ForzaPalermo2006 Red Card

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    What are the rumors that us Palermo fans are hearing online and in the news ??? Is the rumour that we might aquire Toldo from Inter still a possibility now that Guardalben is back in net ??? Any news of a Forward coming to Sicily ??? Let's talk about this while Serie A goes on Christmas Break.

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Edited because there's no [R] on this thread.. I think this is the first time I've broken that rule.

3. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Why do we need an [r] when this is discussion on transfers rather than a match ? Anyways what's the word on Rosanero transfers ?

4. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Palermo’s President, Maurizio Zamparini has admitted his interest in the Old Lady’s young goalkeeper Miranteo, who is currently on loan with Siena.

“I have asked for Mirante from Juve, but Moggi asked for the double of what I offered. Guardalben wants to leave, so in January we shall aim on Toldo, Abbiati, Mirante and Guardalben if he wants to stay."

(GOAL.com)

5. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure about the transfers, I gotta read up on it. I don't usually follow the rumors because there's so many, especially with Palermo. I did hear about Guardalben, but I don't understand why he'd want to leave.

I say that before because I started talking about today's match. Then again I think the rule is pretty dumb, I wouldn't go here if I was waiting to watch a replay.

6. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Its true that Palermo is involved in many transfer rumors. This summer it sounded like they would aquire Di Viao, Abbiati and a host of other good players. Of course the Italian media was starving for calcio news during the offseason, but it was intresting to read about. My thinking is that it would be ironic if Zamparini pulls a deal to get Abbiati. The Milan, now Juventus keeper was given the chance to come to the Rosanero but he declined and went with Genoa. A few weeks later Genoa is thrown out of Serie A and he goes back to AC Milan only to be loaned to Juve. What a crazy summer for the Goalkeeper. The way his season in going with the Bianconeri I would love to see him in the Pink and Black of Palermo this coming January.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    It looks like Lupatelli will be loaned to Palermo.
    Guardalben will go to Parma.
    Fiorentina will get some future considerations on some Palermo players.

It does seem that Fiorentina and Palermo have very good relations these days.

http://www.fiorentina.it/notizia.asp?IDNotizia=36870

8. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Yeah, I was reading about the same trade. It sounds interesting, however, I haven't seen too much off Lupatelli and Parma this season to like or dislike the move.

"The Italian side are also expected to be active in January, as reports say they will complete a swap deal with Parma concerning keepers Matteo Guardalben and Cristiano Lupatelli. Guardalben will leave Rosanero to join Gialloblu, with Lupatelli heading in the opposite direction, both on six-month loan deals."
    (Sky Sports News)

Also, this rumour here is good to know about. Zamparini better do something to spark the team and this is one option he is looking towards.

"Italian outfit Palermo are rumoured to be readying themselves to join the race for Ajax's coveted starlet Nigel de Jong. Dutch international de Jong has informed Ajax that he will be moving on when his contract expires in the summer and his availability has alerted a clutch of clubs."
    (Sky Sports News)

"Palermo have made an ambitious approach for two of Holland's brightest young talents. The Serie A club's director general Rino Foschi has made an enquiry after Ajax midfield pair Nigel de Jong and Hedwiges Maduro.
    De Jong is off contract in the summer and Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini fancies bidding for him in January. Zamparini is determined to build a competitive squad for next season and has also told AC Milan to forget about trying to sign defender Andrea Barzagli. "
    (Tribal Football)

9. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I still rather have Toldo come to the Rosanero, but right now Inter is making him a contract extension despite his 2nd string status.

"Toldo has been playing second fiddle to Julio Cesar at Giuseppe Meazza this season, but is still wanted by Inter coach Roberto Mancini. The club have offered the shot-stopper an extension to his deal, which expires in the summer, and Toldo is expected to give an answer after the Christmas break. But he could also quit Inter in search of regular football, with Palermo, Udinese and Benfica all on his trail."
    (Sky Sports News)

Lupatelli is 27 and Toldo is 34. I would rather have Toldo knowing the skill and experience he contains, yet if Palermo wants a longterm keeper then Lupatelli obviously looks younger and will be around after Toldo retires.

10. SMSM

SMSM New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    www.55a.net
    you just need contract with big striker play many years in calcio ..like inzagi or cruz ..

big porplme for cara and makinwa many fan want him by new toni this season !! and this is big worng..because he to younger talent can by big name after 2season not this season ..

cara can learn and scored many goals like toni but after moore match and moore time ..

many match palermo loss because he cant score ..like against samp - fiola - livorno ..i dont belive how palerom cant scored and loss many goals :eek:

sale toni this is big worng from Zamparini ..he just need for toni and sell him after world cup whith big money ..not like what he sell him for 7 mil and toni now can sell for big club for 14mil !!

many news talk abaute barone go to juvi !! and brzagli maybe go to milan or juvi too ..

i hope sell barone to juvi and take micole + 4mil ..

and sell brzgali for 6mil cash or 4mil + abiate or anzagi from milan ..

Ambitious Palermo approach Ajax for De Jong, Maduro
    tribalfootball.com - December 30, 2005

Palermo have made an ambitious approach for two of Holland's brightest young talents.
    The Serie A club's director general Rino Foschi has made an enquiry after Ajax midfield pair Nigel de Jong and Hedwiges Maduro.

De Jong is off contract in the summer and Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini fancies bidding for him in January.

Zamparini is determined to build a competitive squad for next season and has also told AC Milan to forget about trying to sign defender Andrea Barzagli.

11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Palermo have stated publically that they value Barzagli at 20M.

12. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    20M? I'd say 12-16 is more reasonable. I really wish a club like Palermo would start dipping into the South American market more heavily for players like Tevez, Aguero, Insua etc... I'm sick of seeing these players head for Spain.

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. SMSM

SMSM New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    www.55a.net
    20m for brzgali !!

toni go for 7 mil and cassano go to 6mil ! i dont think any club contract with DF for 20mil ! sorry but he is not nesta or cana !!!!

15. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Yeah, we have already been talking about this in recent days. It looks like an interesting deal. As for Barzagli its already been stated by Zamparini that he is going nowhere.

"Palermo have made an ambitious approach for two of Holland's brightest young talents. The Serie A club's director general Rino Foschi has made an enquiry after Ajax midfield pair Nigel de Jong and Hedwiges Maduro.
    De Jong is off contract in the summer and Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini fancies bidding for him in January. Zamparini is determined to build a competitive squad for next season and has also told AC Milan to forget about trying to sign defender Andrea Barzagli. "
    (Tribal Football)

16. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    This was a rumor a few weeks ago. Its not being talked about as much, however, I wonder if their is still any chance it could take place.

"Zamparini sparked the push by asking Moggi about Fabrizio Miccoli, who is currently on-loan at Benfica. The Italy international is expected to return to Turin at the end of the season. Juve are ready to send Miccoli to Palermo in exchange for trio Fabio Grosso, Simone Barone and Andrea Barzagli. They will also release AC Milan's Christian Abbiati from his loan so Palermo can takeover the deal for the second-half of this season."
    (Tribal Football)

Miccoli is a player I thought the Rosanero would capture after the transfer of Toni, but this 3-for-1 deal seems like way too much for the Juventus/Benfica forward.

17. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    "Mauro Esposito of Cagliari has stamped out rumours of a move to Fiorentina, Palermo and Udinese and comforted his third-from-bottom club that he is happy where he is."
    (EuroSport)

That's too bad.....

18. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    The deal is official now !!! Lupatelli is now a Rosanero !!! It will be good to see him in net versus the mighty Juventus this Saturday.

"Parma and Palermo have officially completed the swap deal involving goalkeepers Matteo Guardalben and Cristiano Lupatelli. The move has been touted for days and the two shot-stoppers have agreed six-month loan deals with their new respective clubs."
    (Football Italia)

19. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Funny, I heard we were still in talks for Esposito...

Hm.

20. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Your right. I submitted that post one day before Palermo officially opened talks with the striker. It looked like Esposito would refuse a transfer by his words to the media. However things have changed and their is a chance he could end up with the Rosanero by the end of January.

"Palermo will today meet with Cagliari in an attempt to sign Italian international Mauro Esposito. The Rosanero are reportedly willing to offer £3.6m in an effort to secure the services of the out-of-form winger. There is also the possibility that Franco Brienza could be involved in the deal as struggling Cagliari are still looking for a Gianfranco Zola replacement."
    (Football Italia)

21. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Looks like we did some serious "wheeling and dealing" right before the window closed. These deals all made yesterday.

***TRANSFERED IN***
    G. Tedesco of Genoa to Palermo------Confirmed Full Ownership

***TRANSFERED OUT***
    M. Ferri of Palermo to Cagliari------Confirmed Co-Ownership
    M. Bonanni of Palermo to Lazio------Confirmed Loan

22. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    "UEFA Cup contenders US Città di Palermo have signed veteran midfielder Giovanni Tedesco from Serie C1 side Genoa 1893.

Hometown club
    Tedesco played more than 150 games in Serie A with AC Perugia before joining Genoa in Serie B in 2003. He helped guide them to promotion to the top flight last term, only for the club to suffer relegation to Serie C1 as punishment for a match-fixing scandal. The 33-year-old has now signed a deal that will tie him to his hometown club until 2007 and is eligible to play in his new side's UEFA Cup Round of 32 tie against SK Slavia Praha.

Loan moves
    Palermo have also agreed to send two players out on loan until the end of the season. The 23-year-old winger Massimo Bonanni, who has played 18 games in Serie A and four times in the UEFA Cup, has moved to S.S. Lazio, while defender Michele Ferri, 24, who has made eight league and four UEFA Cup appearances for the Sicilian outfit, has joined Cagliari Calcio."
    -----------------UEFA.COM

23. SMSM

SMSM New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    www.55a.net
    why sell ferri ..he very good play can play r back or r wenger ..

and play some match but scored 2 goals and assest maybe 2 goals and many great chance !!

24. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I was surprised Bonnani was sent to Lazio on loan, I guess he doesnt really fit in with Papa's new tactics...

25. SMSM

SMSM New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    www.55a.net
    bonani good player but never he can play like cisar ..

you should search for new sicar in arg or brazil ..or you have new cisar he is name rossi ..