January Signings

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by fatdanny99, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was thinking the same thing. Roma is set, IMHO, at striker. Their midfield could be better.

2. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would like to see..... a powerful striker up front to push the weight around a bit more - montella he's ok but cassano and totti need a guy like a batistuta to get them excited a real tiger/ lion of a player.

It's in midfield i agree we are lacking.... creatively! Outside of De Rossi whom i think is fantastic, we need another good playmaker. I'm not to keen with Dacourt or Perrotta.... i see them like an emerson. Players who are good at pushing the ball up. I want a playmaker - to balance De Rossi.

Mancini , De Rossi , Taddei ( we might get him ), who else - what do you guys think?

VIVA LA ROMA!!!!!!!!

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Here's a Dacourt for Davids rumor:
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec31d.html

I can't see why Inter would do this since Dacourt has basically been injured all season even if Davids is at the bottom of the depth chart. But I would do this deal in a second if I was running Roma. If he could provide the spark that he provided with Barca last year, we'd be in great shape.

BTW Football Italia is also reporting that both Milan teams are chasing Samuel. I can't see Real selling but I figured I'd share the rumor. Take care.

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    getting Davids would be so genius!! absolutely what Roma needs to replace Emerson.. I am the rare one who actually likes Dacourt.. but I would do the swap deal in a second.. where would Dacourt fit in with Inter? who cares! hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well... I can see it happening in midfield if Roma sport

ferrari,dellas,cufre

mancini ,de rossi, davids, taddei

mido, totti, cassano

Very interesting, I must say.... Edgar " Pitbull " Davids. Our very own gattuso you might say.... I think it could work!

let's see what happens after the Derby

Viva la Roma - sempre!

6. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

I don't think Cufre would work. But Mexes in for him and change Mido for Montella.

7. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    curious why you wouldnt want the second leading goal scorer in Serie A (montella) to start danny?

Mido may be the worst acquisition of all time.. a complete and total bust, IMO~ i couldnt get rid of him fast enough.. just what Roma needed, ANOTHER total headcase.. no thanks!
    cheers

8. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I used the 3-4-3 formation.... which i think cufre is much more able than panucci .Panucci is good but cufre is stronger . Naturally, if to revert to a 4-4-2 then, mexes/chivu obviously would be there.

I believe Mido is a untapped potential....waiting to make his mark. I like Montella, he's fast and aggressive but he is a small player ( small players don't fare to well against strong back lines ). Mido from what i can see - he's tall and agressive but what i like about his pattern is he's unpredictable - not his attitude but his style. He's the kind of player that would make the back line very nervous because of that sense of play. I'm not a great fan of Mido but I believe in the chemistry of the 3-4-3 formation I mentioned with the idea of davids / taddei ( if it happens ). Roma certainly would be an entertaining team to say the least. A pure strike force of a team!

If anyone lives in Toronto Ontario Canada... we have a Toronto Roma Club association . If you want more information you can e-mail me at maluco2000@yahoo.com.

Viva La Roma!!!!

9. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Put Montella in for Mido and Mexes in for Cufre. I was comenting on Garibaldi's lineup.

10. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Anyone think of Cesar? I know he is from Lazio but still...

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: January Signings/Transfer Thread

Sue,
    Please sticky this thread, as January Signings or AS Roma Transfer Thread.
    Thank you very much.

12. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Any chance of Chivu moving? I know he's been injured pretty much all season, but there has still been rumors of interest from the likes of Milan.

13. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

I don't think he is really going to move.

14. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    FSW reported last night that Mido is likely on the move to South Hampton or Spurs, probably on loan because Roma paid so much for him and the two Prem teams aren't willing to pay that amount. I don't know what Roma paid for him but I can say that FSW also reported that Morientes was on his way to Liverpool for $12 million (I don't know if that's pounds, euros, or dollars). Did Roma pay something close to this for Mido? Of course Montella is scoring like crazy but Cassano hasn't shown much yet this year (2 goals? 3 goals?). Hell, Roma should have been in on Morientes. I thought I remember Roma making a move for Morientes last year when he ended up in Monaco. Montella and Morientes up front with Totti slotted behind would be the bomb. Sell Cassano. Buy a midfielder who can move the ball. (Where were Roma when Barca was unloading Riquelme?)

Now that I've crammed in five or six players in a paragraph, I will stop. Take care.

15. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Obviously, after watching the lazio-roma derby we could see exactly where the hole is...... and that is right in midfield! Aside from Mancini and De Rossi , we have no playmakers on our side. I say lets get rid of Cassano, pump the midfield with quality players....players who can play the ball and not push the ball up and get one or two quality strikers.

One striker I would like to see on our team is Robinho of Santos Brasil. I can't think of any exceptional playmakers of the likes of " Kaka " .... right now who catch my eye.

16. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    Why sell one of the most promising young Italian strikers? I agree he is in poor form, but no reason to pack him for it. He will prove extremely valuable as he matures, I believe.;)

17. PGHscouser

PGHscouser New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Nor' Borahs, PGH PA
    Perhaps a silly question...but is the transfer/trade deadline in January...and if so, when is it?

Thanks for potential input. Hope yer swell
    DPW

18. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Jan 31.

19. obernunes

obernunes New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    California
    Would Roma be interested in Stefano Fiore? I know he played for Lazio, but he's doing virtually nothing in Valencia. Could he help the ball movement which is clearly Roma's weak spot? Bernardo Corradi could also be available.

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm sorry, but I must humbly disagree. Cassano IS a playmaker, just not in form right now. He is a star on the rise.

21. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Because he might be worth more in the transfer market than he is on the pitch. In other words, if Totti and Montella can function as the two main strikers (and I do worry about that because Totti should be getting more assists than goals) and Roma could get two true playmakers in the midfield with the money they get from the sale of Cassano (who is calm now but will be a headache again, I'm sure, and who hasn't shown that he has the killer instinct of a true striker) then Roma would be so much stronger.

Imagine a scenario like this: Totti and Montella up front with a midfield compiled of players *like* Davids and DeRossi handling defensive duties and Riquelme and Robben moving the ball. Note the stars surrounding "like." I don't expect us to purchase Riquelme or Robben but Davids might be an option (I have been swamped at work lately so I don't know if he's already been sold). Take care.

22. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't stand this idea of " Let's wait for Cassano to mature BS stuff " - that is pure BS!

And also... I can't stand this player shifting around stuff. Let's bring on new faces, let's see some new talent. Forget fielding the same players all the time for years and years - Especially for Italy. We should be throwing players on the pitch all the time - are we not a SOCCER NATION!!! If you're not producing or at least showing consitency outside of injury ( I don't care if you are a prima donna or not ) - you're history... bring in a new young force! forget about this o lets wait t'ill he matures business, what is this - is he the only player that we have in the Country!!

Cassano a player of his quality has all the maturity in the world..... he's probably been playing all of his life. I think he's just being selfish and stupid! I would say if you don't have any feelings for the team - let's sell him and pack our mid-field with quality players! For the money - get a pure striker... a lion of a player of the likes like a Batistuta and two very talented young playmakers. Totti and Montella deserve it! Some people will argue he's not in form - ok, given! but you can tell when a player wants to leave the team....he shows no commitment.

I've always said and will say it again.....the game of football is won in mid-field and if you don't have playmakers in mid-field , forget about your defence and attack. Why do you think Brazil has and will always have entertaining football. Take a look at their Mid-field and see what they produce. Not only a mid-field but also attacking mid-fielders... combine it with a pure attack force and BANG! you have BRAZIL!!!!!

What's a body without a brain.

Viva ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!

VIVA LA ROMA !!!!!

The Italian Serie A is the Best Football League in the World!!!! where else will you find passion, drama, intrigue , suspense, joy, love , hatred , politics, religion and most but not least quality Quality!

23. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I have't been keeping up with the transfer news so I don't know if either of these players have moved, but I'd like to see Roma try to get Davids from Inter and Geremi from Chelsea. Both seem to be good character guys and hard workers. I don't know if I'd want both on a permanent basis but a loan would be very nice. Put Mancini on the bench and sub him in if extra attack is needed. We'd be looking at Montella and Cassano up front, with Totti slotted just behind them. The rest of the midfield would be Davids, De Rossi, and Geremi. Take care.

24. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  25. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Any news on Mido?