January Camp 2020

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Sebsasour, Nov 20, 2019.

1. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Similar (if not exactly) to the rest of those guys, his last game of consequence should have been in Couva. Hopefully the injury will allow us to move on, and put an end to the caps record chase.

I'm slightly dubious if it will, however.

jnielsen repped this.
  2. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    In a recent interview Nagbe stated he does not like spending the extra time away from family that the National Team requires. I doubt he accepts a call.

Namdynamo, jnielsen, TrueCrew and 2 others repped this.
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Lovitz and Cannon are about equal. Both defend well but don't get forward very well. Lovitz has a WS of 6.72 and Cannon scores 6.58. The only difference, which is what gets Cannon his call ups is that Cannon is 21 and Lovitz is 28. i.o.w., there is hope Cannon could expand his game, at least as far as Berhalter is concerned.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's the Nagbe phenomenon. It doesn't matter how many times Nagbe says he isn't interested, people insist the didn't say it. It's the BS bubble. Don't touch the glass.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020...reate-something-special-caleb-porter-columbus

Patrick167 repped this.
  5. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    I expect to see attempt to play Adams at the 8 with a distributing 6 like Yeuill. I also expect we'll see that's not the right move. But given that we keep trying McKennie at the "10" ... it just feels like we're going to see that attempt. So get your diatribes ready.

I'm not sure how anyone can say Lovitz and Cannon are about equal. Cannon is no superstar going forward, but he can receive a ball up the pitch cleanly and make the right pass forward. Lovitz regularly botches this routine play to point that we can only really attack on the right side of the pitch.

6. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's just weird. The guy couldn't have been happier to get his citizenship and first cap. But, his decision so whatevs.

jnielsen repped this.
  7. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude is soft as f*ck.

Donovan got a ton of shit for taking like four weeks off after doing more for the USMNT than any player ever. And at least he has legitimate mental health issues. Oh and then he came back and was the best player at the 2013 Gold Cup. And had 10G 19A and a hat trick in the playoffs on his way to another MLS Cup victory post-WC2014 snub.

Nagbe left one of the 2-3 elite MLS teams in Atlanta United, and can't be bothered to play for the USMNT, so he can be a family man in freaking Ohio.

[​IMG]

mbar repped this.
  8. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The career span of a pro athlete is short. I can't get upset with a player doing what they think is right for them. If their priorities outweigh playing on the NT, best they don't get involved.

9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    "et tu, xbhaskarx?" -

hv to say you were his biggest admirer
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/darlington-nagbe.2026540/

Personally, I admire Nagbe for being principled about the game. There's a combination of reasons why he doesn't want the USMNT gig and they are solid reasoning in my view. Good for him. Porter and Nagbe are going to make Crew into the team it never was under Berhalter.

10. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe now that he is home in Columbus, he won't mind missing them so much on breaks.

11. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Not even WS claim their scores are the measure of player quality.

12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael "Fatal Attraction" Bradley

13. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017