January 2010 Window

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by Mattymags811, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    We really just need to shift the likes of McCann and Shittu, and then bring in a dominating central midfielder, someone who can actually impact a game. I don't think signing another lightweight Korean is the best option but it is probably a worthwhile investment so long as it isn't our only move.

3. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    If there is any truth at all in the rumour regarding your interest in Scott Brown then please feel free to make a bid. Especially if it's in the £7mill region.

He's a good player but not what we need in our central midfield area.

4. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Bolton are never going to spend £7m on a midfielder.

5. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well with Meggo on til the end of American involvement in Iraq (only half joking here), we're due to make more cheap signings that don't get to see the field. Btw anyone think we'll finally be able to sell Shittu?

6. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    He should have gone in Summer, it was all finalised and then it broke down, so I think there is a good chance. Any money we spend in January will be from players we sell, so I would hope that Megson is already on trying to tempt other clubs with these players.

7. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Am I the only one who sees Muamba as a huge liabilility out on the pitch? Or has it just been his recent string of games..

8. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    He just can't shoot, yet balls keep falling to him outside the box. He probably one of the best tacklers in the league, amazing at breaking up plays attacks, amazing at breaking up Bolton attacks aswell.

9. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He should be banned from going past the half way line, some kind of shock collar would be useful.

10. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have to sell someone before we can afford one of those.

11. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He'd probably just give the ball away in his own half then. Pick your poison. :D

12. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    If we waste money buying from the Championship and lower I'll be pissed off, we don't want Nolan back since he won't be played in his best position (like he is playing for Newcastle) We don't want Jermaine Beckford, if we are going to get anyone from down there we should go for Jonjo Shelvey, he's the only Midfield player down there showing any sort of potential, he's 17 and bosses Charlton's midfield.

13. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Derby County want Nicky Hunt on loan.

14. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    They can ********ing have him for free.

15. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We've been linked with Nuno Gomes but I feel that any transfer speculation is just paper talk. We're not going to be signing players without a manager and there's no way we'll be signing a striker.

16. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nuno Gomes is your classic retarded player, no chance do we want him.

17. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Coyle has a full week to work with the players so that should give him a good idea of any potential weaknesses. Personally I'd like to see us bring in another central defender and ball playing midfielder. Other than that I think the squad is quite good.

18. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    If our reliance on goals stays on Klasnic we've got problems.

19. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stuart Holden is supposedly on trial at Bolton now eh? Who does he have for competition on the flanks?

20. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chung Yong Lee and Matt Taylor.

21. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Ricky Gardner as well, really though, if we have to take him on trial he can't be that good. Players that are actually skilled get signed up straight from the off, this hardly fills me with confidence but I'll be fair happy if we get him for low wages since we are lacking wide men. Taylor is less than convincing at times, maybe he needs a bit of competition.

22. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, I have my doubts about players who are brought in on trial.

23. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Coyle is adamant that Cahill will not be sold in this window. I think that ties in with the impression that he's looking for loan signings (Wilshire etc) rather than spending cash. He's going to need time to assess the squad, which is quite good, and can make a decision in the summer.

24. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Need to get an African or 2 for our midfield to be honest, I know it's a pain when they ******** off for the African Nations but their physicality and work rate is needed. Wish we had got that lad from Real Betis in the summer, maybe now that Megson has gone we can lure the likes of Veloso here.

25. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Check out the thread about Holden on the Houston forum on here, I just went in there asking about him, was basically told he was godlike and would walk into the Bolton team, I questioned this and received a bit of shit from them, they said that getting Holden for a team that has only been in the UEFA Cup twice is amazing for us. They must actually think their team is as good as Bolton, the delusion is killing me, I honestly didn't know how to reply to it I was and still am in shock.
    Apparently it's ironic that I question the ability the American national team as well because I'm a Bolton fan.

Prenn I can't deal with this on my own!