Janas Resigns

Discussion in 'Poland' started by ChicagoTom, Jun 29, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
  2. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup, it got leaked out this morning, and soon after everyone from the BBC to SkySports had a story about it.

I, personally, am surprised. I thought that he would continue to have the job. I liked his player selections, and hope that the next coach will continue with the trend that Janas started. However, I guess he just couldn't handle all the media and fan pressure.

3. Tylko_Arka Gdynia

Tylko_Arka Gdynia New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    NYC
    yes finally!! today should be a national holiday in poland. the day that pawel janas resigns!:p

4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Hold your horses guys, its still not official. Although it's going to happen soon, it didn't happen yet. The media was trying to stop Janas' agony and force its hand by jumping the gun, but Listkiewicz (to his credit) didn't bite.

5. Tylko_Arka Gdynia

Mar 13, 2006
    NYC
    so the holiday date shall be moved..no problem.

6. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my thoughts exactly. supposedly there are quite a bit of rumors that have Nowak taking the spot. Nowak is also supposedly going to coach MLS allstars if that means anything when they take on Chelsea at Bridgeview.

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked most of his moves but there were two moves that I didn't like the most. Frankowski being left off after being in the qualifying paired up with Zurawski. And the warm up matches just before the WC Poland was playing fairly well and had two strikers up top, then for some reason, he changes the identity of the squad by dropping Smolarek back to a wing position and just Zurawski up top. Zurawski is a good striker but he can't work it all by himself once he gets the ball. All spot kicks pretty much sucked as well. The man from Leverkusen was off the entire tournament for the most part. a good percentage of goals come off spot kicks whether they are corners, freekicks, pk's, etc. And for us to not get really any quality from that also hurt, but that isn't Janas' fault:( He didn't need to get the axe, but I think Poland needs a fresh face for Euro in the near future.

8. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  9. Gobas

Gobas New Member

May 19, 2006
    Szczecinek
  10. Tylko_Arka Gdynia

Mar 13, 2006
    NYC