James Twellman?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Coach_Barry, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Graduated with honors from Stanford.

Works for an investment company in Chicago.

PBI, if by posting a picture of McDonalds you are suggesting that James might be making enough money to own one, than the picture is accurate

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good for him! .....

No more part time soccer either?

3. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol. true. he'd probably get paid more working at McDs thaqn playing in MLS though:D

4. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except McD's doesn't pay for your housing, travel, and some of your meals (I guess you could always take home the leftovers). Plus where else do you get to work 2 hours a day?

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Since when does the MLS pay housing?

6. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For developmental players.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They did? Really? I never knew that! I guess that is one of the reasons on why they did away with it. I had a long debate about how the league should provide housing for players especilaly for those making under $30k or 40k...I'm not sure about other parts of the country but in San Jose anyway, its salmost impossible for a professional atlete and with the lifestyles they leadd to live on that type od salary. After rent and taxes, its almost impossible to live on. Also, I doubt a 24/ 25 year old would still want to live the life as a developmental player. Maybe a college age kid from 18-22 but older than that, I doubt it.

8. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boston is just as bad as San Jose so the players here feel it as well. It's not like KC or Columbus.

I don't think it was a league mandated policy for teams to provide housing for their DV players but I know the Revs did it for theirs. They were constantly looking for host families.

Cutting the roster down to 24 (and adding two senior spots if the team wants to) is essentially cutting the developmental roster and all the expenses that go along with it. They may be paying them 17K but in reality they were probably paying 30K+ to employ them.