James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: James Rodriguez - Oporto (r)

You are a Junior fan??? :eek:

2. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota

God no! no no no no. :eek: I was referring to crzdcolombian, the poster I was responding to. I meant that he, as a junior fan, should know all about sexism.... Just some ribbing at the expense of machismo costeño.

3. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

But crzd is a gringo that likes Junior, he isnt costeño... and come one, being a Junior fan isnt that bad, look at me.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

This thread is about James? LOL

5. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Re: James Rodriguez - Porto FC

I thought I read that his family is from Barranquilla... Anyway, I really don't harbor any ill will towards Junior.

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  7. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

El porto vendio el 35% del pase de James en 2.550.000 verdes. al grupo Gol Football

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Jugo en el 4-1 del Porto en la Taca de Portugal de suplente, y aparente LA ROMPIO.

Comentarios de hinchas del Portal do Dragoes:

http://www.fcporto.ws/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=10603&p=26

"e até tenho pena que não tivesse jogado desde o inicio, porque este menino foi um show!!! que jogador incrivel, ele e walter são dois jovens com um potencial tremendo!!!!"

"O ******** é craque! este não engana...tem muito fuebol nos pés...
    tem de jogar muito mais do que tem jogado...merece oportunidades!
    Força grande James!"

9. JonatanDf

JonatanDf New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

lo unico que le intiendo de aqui es que .merece oportunidades y grande james pero que iso goles???

10. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

no hizo goles y jugo 21 min, remplazando a valera.

11. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

http://www.bestoffutebol.com/2010/10/porto-limianos-4-1.html

In the second vid you can see alot of James' plays. He had a legitimate goal called offside and made some great cut-ins and crosses. This kid makes the most out of every opportunity he gets. Its refreshing to see from a Colombian...

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

You see him take on the left back and get in those crosses to the box. thats what we need on the NT. I hope he can do the same when he gets on the kit...

13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

it's going to be very tough for J-Rod to become a regular in porto's lineup. up front they have varela, hulk and falcao as the regular fwds with walter as a reserve. i predict porto will win the europa league b/c of their depth in the midfield and up front...

in the midfield they have belluschi, moutinho, fernando, micael, and guarin

mariano gonzales and cristian rodrigues are the two mids/wingers which are probably the biggest competition for J-Rod.

point is - it's going to take a lot for j-rod to become a regular for porto and getting a few minutes here and there may not be enough for him to earn a place on the NT until after the copa america. so as excited as i am about him, i am keeping my expectations of him making a splash for us at the NT level low until the early qualifiers.

14. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

watching Porto play you realize they are miles away better then the competition in their league tournament. Way talented midfield and forwards and so I agree with your James comment. However, this team is hell bent on selling, selling, selling, so I can see an opportunity in the year or so.

15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

I suppose it hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet so I'll remind everyone: Bolillo is not calling ANY sub-20 players until after the world cup. That gives him a year until the qualifiers and that is plenty of time for him to earn a spot.

Personally I think the amount of competition will be good for him in the long run. He's a hard worker and he just showed he will make the most out of every minute he gets. It's hard to keep someone who plays like that off the field if not at least for a few sub appearances and cup matches. Its also possible some of them may no longer be with the team after winter.

Had Bolillo not made that statement my opinion would change completely because I think the NT needs his skills now. In the end we'll have to wait until he ripens a bit more.

16. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The Porto fans are dying to see more of him, so hopefully he'll get a shot. What I suspect will likely happen is increased minutes in the Taca and occasional subs in the League this year.

17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

agree with all the above. just like you guys i hope he can grow into a valuable player like falcao has become. i would hate for J-Rod to end up like guarin - constantly injured and struggling for minutes.

18. ArrozConPollo

ArrozConPollo Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boston,Ma
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

why does everyone throw salt on Guarin? Porto want him to sign a new contract till 2014 with a 35 million dollar buy out.....

You make it seem like he is 5th string on the team

19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

he is 5th string, with the injuries guarin has had there, it has been difficult for him to find a groove, when the other midfielders that are healthy maintain form.

don't get me wrong - at the end of last season, he was on fire, but it's been hard for him to be a regular there. look at his track record. ideally you would like to him play at least 25 games a year. it's hard for any player to be quality when he plays less than 25 games a year.

as much as i would like to see him stay with porto, i think he's better suited for a mid tier club where he can get more playing time...

20. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have super high hope for James Rodriguez, think he can develop into a tremendous player for both club and country. Right now, we haven't seen very much of him because we have several options at LW; but the fact that we paid so much money for him proves that the board really rates him highly, and I think he may go on loan in the winter, then come back and fight for a starting spot next year.

Here is our LW hierarchy at the moment ahead of James:

Silvestre Varela: Portuguese International who is playing out of his mind.
    Cristian Rodriguez: Uruguayan International who has struggled lately.
    Ukra: Young Portuguese player who is very talented like James.

Next year, though, chances are that Hulk will be sold, and Varela will swith to Right Wing to fill that position. And Cristian Rodriguez will also probably be sold, as he is not the same player for us that we bought in 08. So I think James will have every opportunity to start in attack next year with Falcao.

I think James should go on loan so that he can play regularly, but if he does stay, we'll certainly see plenty of him in Cup matches. Very promising player with dazzling pace and technical skill, his potential is through the roof. :)

21. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota

The kid needs to play, so I do hope that they do lend him out if he won't be seeing much playing time at Porto. But like you said, maybe next year James will start seeing more playing time and will get to play with Falcao on a regular basis...

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

if chacal knows so much about the club and GMs....I wonder if he can comment on possible loans of JaMES R to be part of our U20 national squad?

what policies and history of the club is on that aspect?

23. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So the Under-20 World Cup in Colombia is scheduled for July 29-August 20?

I'm guessing James will definitely be a part of that, so I'm sure we'll let him train with your National Squad for that. :)

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

before that we have a continental tourney..... U20 suramericano, and the team is doing minicycles every other month to get to know each other.

james was invited but no avail....yet, do you know about that?

is not just july 2011....is getting prepared for that

25. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh, I understand now.

I think Porto wants James to be a big part of their first team squad next year, so we'll need to monitor his progress during the 2nd half of this year. He'll either stay with Porto, or go on loan to another club in Portugal...but I really doubt we'd let him go back and forth to Colombia for an under-20 tournament, since we paid so much money for him.