James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he'll be at Miami soon. I give him 2 seasons

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I imagine we will start to see james this season in reserve team with everton....

i imagine that in his inner circle are only apllauses and no critics....because i dont understan why he is so chill with the debacle of his career...............if his career finish like this..........i wouldnt put him in the top 5 of colombians.......there are more bad season than good in this point,

J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn't go that far because if he got maimed tomorrow he would still be the only Colombian to win the Golden Boot at a WC or best midfielder in two of the top five league.

But this does feel like an end or atleast an inflection point down for his career vs. the enormous potential and accomplishments we saw earlier in his career.

If he is marooned under Benitez it is the cruelest of fate's punishments and you just wonder if he has the desire, professionalism and health to overcome it.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do you remember kleberson one of the best players in wc 2002 for brasil...? yalenk the russian top scorer in 1994, skuhravy the chezh in 1990.................even the croatians that arrived in 2018...arent considered like the elite players....

World Cups are tournament where people enjoy himself and people is happy.....but is monhlty tournament..........i dont want to say that it doesnt have merits..............but world cup performance isnt the same as a career.....actually is a plataform that you use to get in the elite, but doenst guarantee to keep it up there.

James since them have only two good seasons....first in madrid and first in bayern...........last season wasnt bad but wasnt near of his best.....

I dont have nothing to reproch to jamef of his talent or his achievements.........but the fact that he thinks that is nothing to fight and he doesnt have nething to prove it shows me mediocrity....

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James' attitude and mentality is similar to that of many colombians.

6. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

When you have Tino Asprilla talk about how bad your professionalism is, then you know you have bad professionalism. Take it from the guy who slept with everyone's mom

villus, Furnaccio and dapip repped this.
  7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Listen we have had a lot of folks let down their potential. If I'm honest, Tino was probably an even bigger flame out than James - at his World Cup, when the NY Times called him the future Jordan of football, he choked (lots of factors impacting of course). And there is all manner of lore of totally unprofessional stuff he did at Parma and Newcastle.

James is just the latest in the line of our guys who have let us down. He clearly has the ability to be world class and has accomplished more than any of our players bar Falcao internationally. He won championships in Argentina, Portugal, Spain and Germany as a key player on those teams. It's just all gone pear shaped.

It sucks - you think back to the humble kid that Falcioni molded. He played as an 8 half the time. Argh.

dapip and Tio Nicci repped this.
  8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Of course a WC doesn't make a career, but up until Everton, James has won championships everywhere. (Ok, at Monaco was 2nd place but he was young player of the year there).

Anyone with as many triumphs as he's had has the right to claim a great career - but man, I've rarely seen a player self sabotage their career this bad outside of substance abuse issues ever.

dapip and Tio Nicci repped this.
  9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    It is frustrating. I would still put him as 1 of the top 5 Colombians to have played the game, even as ridiculous of a crash as his career has been. This is especially the case when he's put on the Yellow jersey in Toulon, U20 WC2011, qualifiers and WC 2014/WC 2018. Even as we look at our crop of players from the past 5 years to today, young or old, and we don't have many to choose from that have brought more than 1 season of "world-class" playing abroad a top level club, and doing the same for the NT. Falcao was close to that path prior to that 2014 WC until that horrible injury shaping what should have been his highlight reel.

I think the issue for most is that by like 24, he had already accomplished so much more than any other Colombian futbolero had done prior and had the best years to come to be that #1 undisputed player of all time. Many of our Colombian legends tend to mature/blossom late in their careers but with James, we watched him from his teenage years in Banfield already changing that paradigm. I think we were all making bets on how many WCups he would likely play ( I had him participating easily all the way to 2026), and now he's not even making the WCQ roster. Most of us were willing to look the other way with his lack of dedication to the club. But it's now filtered on beyond just club.

ryu79 repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is like Ronaldniho

his career ended before his prime because dude didn’t care

dinho said in 2002 he stayed up late banging his gf and playing fifa winning the World Cup with Brazil :) (legend)

looks like James just wants to be a twitch star and hang out with his kids.

dude has more money than god and just doesn’t have the motivation. Prob feels that Rueda stole
    His happy place by not calling him up and Everton fkd him over by bringing Benetiz

but guy just has bad mentality

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But to not say he is the top Colombian player of all time is beyond silly

only one that comes close is Ivan Córdoba or Falcao should be in the discussion In the same sentence. James numbers just blow everyone else away. Ivan got us our only trophy ever. With possibly the worst coach abs roster of all time

12. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its Falcao for me..at his peak he was a top 5 player in the world. An absolute shame that injury prior to 2014 WC.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Like I said

Cordoba was at inter for 10 year and our captain for how long 5? Won us a copa america.

Falcao top scorer ever on the NT by like 10 goals. Got us to two world cups. Insane club stats. Very unlucky with his injury. Opened up the flood gates to Europe. Make Getting Colombians popular in my opinion

james. 2nd top scorer on the nt. Most assist? Top scorer of a World Cup. Got us to two of them. If only he had Falcao work ethic and personality could have been an all time great .

for me it’s Pre James and After James. Some people say Pekerman changed the NT. It was leonel finally giving James a start. That changed the direction and mentality of our NT. We had Falcao for a few years before that but without an engine like James the team sucked.

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Another mind blowing decision of staying at a club that the coach is openly against you. This guy just doesn't care about playing anymore I guess, to each his own but don't wine and complain when you're not chosen or act like everyone is against you. He's just really dumb and its sad.

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I put money that he didn’t choose to stay. I bet he didn’t get any offers from a decent club. I wouldn’t sign him either. Always injured and way to much drama on the side.

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If the club wants to find a suitor they are going have to boost his value. Only logical thing to do give him playing time.

19. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think the clubs that he would have liked very likely wanted him to lower his wages and he probably wouldn't. If he really wanted to play and take a small pay cut he'd probably be fine, and if that's what he wants to get max pay and sit at home then its his choice, but he could probably get another big contract and get to compete at the highest level if he was motivated.

The guy can sit on the computer and jerk off all he wants in 3-5 years, his window on his career is closing and he's already wasted his peak years for the most part, just kind of baffling the way his career has gone.

Also another head scratcher is like the same at Madrid when he didn't come forward and demand a transfer and push the clubs hand, it's your career dude and clearly he's speaking up about some stuff but the actual times when speaking up and being vocal for his own benefit would help him he doesn't really do it?

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    SoyDelMustang and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just looking at that post you know he mad AF lol

23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes. Question is what he does about it. He's backed himself into a corner. Will he accept a loan to Russia? Where it's.....COLD?

If he stays at Everton does he have it in him to swallow his pride with Benitez?

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    its hot af here in Miami literally all year long, tons of women who love rich hispanic men here too. He'd love it. This city is perfect for people like him

25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This should be a HARD no. They will kick the living crap out of James in that league if he plays for a relegation side (they are second to last with no points after three match days).