James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Nah not using at least 4 of your subs is really idiotic. The fixtures for La Liga are brutal, every 2-3 days and without a proper pre season and there were a lot of guys out there playing tons of minutes in all these fixtures. A top level pro playing 20-30 minutes as a sub doesn't really affect them physically for the next game, but getting fresh legs when you are in a really tight game and a stressful title challenge is really valuable. Playing 60-90 is a big toll on the body, the mind starts making mistakes and it effects the next game and increases the likelihood of injury, Zidane has a very good and deep squad, sure they held onto that game, but Espanyol had enough chances to win that game and didn't finish.

I'm not even saying it should have been James, because having a more defensive or quicker sub to stretch the Espanyol defense on the counter would make sense, Zidane not doing so is a mistake with 5 subs pure and simple. Isco seems to be up to fitness now so I'd be surprised if he didn't take James minutes, also Asensio with more time in training will be more likely to get minutes imo because he was a Zidane favorite as well. If James gets another start I'd be happy but I wouldn't be surprised if it we don't see another one.

Furnaccio and Azucarero repped this.
  2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Remember when there used to be fat jokes against James?

IMG_1694.jpg

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1277296916305448960 is not a valid tweet id

Remember this

J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As long as Real wins the Liga no one is going to care about substitution patterns or what not.
    Zidane just cares about getting the points.

sidspaceman repped this.
  5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Well there goes James getting in on a regular rotation. Isco gets the second straight start on a short turn around and Asensio, Valverde and Rodrigo are preferred off the bench when they're tied late.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We play again Sunday morning. Hopefully he plays

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’m watching the game and it looks like that he isn’t even warming up.

8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James only has himself to blame; he didn't do much and hasn't done much on his first start for quite some time. He'll be lucky if he starts the next match.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was good when Zidane was forced to play him early on

Then he didn't play for 8 months and people say he ruined his chance

Meanwhile others have dud after dud and it's all good.

James messed up saying no to Bayern cuz of his obsession with the city of Madrid

Furnaccio, villus and Azucarero repped this.
  10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah James didn't play bad in his recent game, he worked his ass off and kept things simple, it was really his first game in a long time and he was fine imo. James does great he gets benched, James doesn't play great he gets benched, its been clear with Zidane for years now that James is only a last option and he has it in his head that James isn't a player he appreciates. It's James fault for going back and subjecting himself to the obvious with a coach who doesn't like his game.

Furnaccio repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James rejected Bayern cuz he was counting on the Atletico transfer. When that didn't happen, it all went to shit

Azucarero repped this.
  12. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I believe James returned to Real Madrid (and therefore rejected Bayern) because he didn't know ZZ was about to come back. Real Madrid without Zidane sounds like a decent plan.

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zidane was back already

He was aware of the Atletico interest and thought he was going there for sure

Life had other plans

14. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But I remember James himself said it. He must have made the decision to reject Bayern before Zidane came back, and then it was too late.

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Hmm James' loan at Bayern was over the summer of 2019

And Zidane took over in March of 2019 before the season was over.

Idk. Maybe you are right

Either way, stupid move

Bomb8 repped this.
  16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wish someone close to James’ ear would tell him,

“Dude, it’s time to go to another team, Real Madrid just doesn’t like you.”

Reminds me of the time when I wanted to stay inside the strip club, bc I thought the stripper really liked me...my friends didn’t have the heart to tell me that I was being played for a fool

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Even the move to Atletico show's poor thinking imo. They are highly defensive and Simeone benches good attackers all the time, it could have worked but it would be a risky move from a playing perspective. Dude needs to bite the bullet and move somewhere else, he can move back to Madrid in 4-5 years and play for a smaller Madrid club anytime he wants.

18. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This happened last week?

Furnaccio repped this.
  19. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Italy or France would be good options. He can play well for many years IF he stays healthy. I'm sure he knows by now he needs to leave.

20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Last night ;)
    Dont tell my wife LOL

Bomb8 repped this.
  21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He's gonna look back on his career with a lot of regret at the wasted years with Madrid. Italy or Germany where they tend to attack the most would be the best options for him I think. As long as he goes somewhere where he'll be a clear starter in an attacking team he'll have the best chance for success, he's only got a few years left at the top so hopefully he choses wisely, but I won't hold my breath.

22. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think how defensive a team or league is will be a problem. Ancelotti made him defend and James did it well. Pekerman focused a lot in defending but gave James freedom to attack. Being a starter is the most important.

Best option would be Spain but there are not many teams for him left. I dont think James likes Germany.

But yeah, who knows what James is thinking. He doesn't seem to understand what is good for him. He cannot afford to rule out teams like for example Napoli.

23. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    i understand the personal side, but not staying with Bayern was such a big mistake for his career. Could've just waited Kovac out, since it was obvious he wasnt gonna last long there.

Likely looking at his final European stop so he can't mess this up. Not be too picky but also make sure wherever he goes, he gets the playing time he hasnt gotten consistently in two seasons.

Furnaccio and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    GrieZeman put up world class stats while playing for atlético Madrid...

I don’t really buy the whole “James would not fit in well in atlético”

At this point, with every passing game, I just shrug my shoulders/hands in disappointment.

Just glad we have players like cuadrado who are more versatile and guys like uribe/Barrios/Duvan who are playing every week

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Griezzman was a forward in a team that relies on the counter attack. They like to play a 4-4-2, what attacking midfielders have put up numbers at Atletico under Simeone that you can think of? Correra plays wide and gets spot minutes, Koke and Llorente are essentially holding midfielders and Simeone played them as the two wide midfielders in a 4-4-2 today. James playing at Atletico would not really be playing in his preferred role in the middle and he'd be dropped for lots of big games. Lemar was doing great at Monaco and was wanted by lots of big clubs and he never plays at Atletico, time and again Simeone will bench attacking midfielders to focus on pressing defensive first midfielders. Felix is playing as a forward and is struggling right now, he's largely a pure attacker. Griezzman is one of the best at defending from the front as well, which is another reason why he played non stop for them.

James wants to go to Atleti because he wants to be in Madrid, its not a good fit at all for his style of play which is largely as a 10 or a CM in an attack minded team. He could be successful but it wouldn't surprise me if he failed there and if he was again dropped for big games, he should give himself the best chance at success and there are a ton of other clubs that would give him a better fit.