Jamar Beasley

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BerwynBlazers, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puteolana-Tivoli 0-0

Jamar not in the f*in team again. They are complaining about scoring goals. Puteolana sucks. Yes.

2. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Why?

Wow, this is a very long thread with lots of talk about a very mediocre player. My question is why? Are all of these posters relatives or personal friends? Good luck Jamar, you will have a book to read some day if anyone prints this for you.

3. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    whatever happened to brian cappiellieri and why did he get red carded?

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Re: Why?

I suspect you know that we're all just a bunch of soccer fans with too much time on our hands. Any yank abroad is one we want to keep tabs on. :)

5. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    i'm sure if you added up all the posts on Friedel or JOB or Reyna or Berhalter or....youd have several hundred less posts than this single thread on Jamar...

Nice post terp fan

6. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jamar is the best player that has never got a fair shake.

he's also my favorite player.

7. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. Just a hobby.
    I was in attendance for his first Revo appearance against LA in old Foxboro Stadium. He came on as a late sub in another Revo loss. He faked Paul Caligiuri out of his boots and then sent in a great cross for Diaz Arce to head in for our consolation goal.
    I remember at the time he was touted as the fastest American player. For various reasons he didn't pan out in MLS.
    I thought it was a good move for him to go to the lower divisions in Italy and try to get his career back on track. Unfortunately , it doesn't seem to be happening for him over there.
    I'll close with this. I'd have JB back in New England instead of Winston Griffiths.

8. Puetolana (3 goals in 9 games) visits bottom half of the table Frosinone (half way between Roma & Napoli on the A1 autostrada) today.

9. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    ..and lose again

badly

5-1 Frosinone

10. Maybe Jamar was smart enough to quit b4 he got started at Puetolana.

11. FWSCKEEPER

FWSCKEEPER New Member

Aug 22, 2001
    The Summit City
    Well speaking to an unnamed source Sunday. it seems jamar is headed back to the states. I don't know to where, but the thinking is turning him into a back. He has speed and is strong, can get up the flanks , but doesnt have the creativity to play up front. this is just what I heard. FWIW

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I saw that one on TV. A great debut that I thought boded well for his future in the game.

At least one of those reasons is named Walter Zenga, who seemed to just throw him onto the field in the last 10 minutes of matches and tell him to run like hell. He didn't develop his game very much.

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So what you're suggesting, Mike, is that Zenga was actually in on the Azzuri plot, and was even willing to make himself look like a complete moron in order to eventually get Beasley eligible for Italy? Suddenly, it all makes sense.

14. Cruyff14

Cruyff14 New Member

Aug 29, 2000
    WOW, Jamar is not very good at all. Defender is his last chance if he shows his so called speed. But I have never seen it. Touch no touch!!!
    If he was smart he would use his name to hook up with an a-league team for name appeal. But to be honest I am starting to wonder for his lack of talent and the money he would want fro m an a-league team he probably over priced him self for that too. It just seems his dreams are higher then his ability!!! There is nothing wrong with dreaming.
    cheers

15. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well jamar wasn't in the team again for their thrashing, puteolana.com doesn't return my email about jamar. something has to be wrong with them.

puteolana now is my most hated team. enjoy relegation and the measley serie d.

16. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Hey that rhymes with Beasley.

17. How did this get under Flannigan's radar?

18. FWSCKEEPER

FWSCKEEPER New Member

Aug 22, 2001
    The Summit City
    I spoke w/ Jamar last night....

He is back in town for 2 weeks. I was out at our Indoor facility here in Ft.wayne, and he walks in. I say.. Hey Jamar , do you know what BigSoccer.com is ? Yes he says. I say , Do you know you have a long assed thread about you on there and about what hte hell is up with you?
    He's like . no way, really ? why??

So i ask him what is going on , that we can't find you on the roster, are you still at Putelona(sp) ???

He said he has scored 3 goals and played in I can't remember how many games. He loves Italy. DMB has been over there with him for a few weeks and they have been having a great time. I didn't get to ask him what the future has in store, it didn't seem like he would say much. i don't think even he knows where his career is headed. I also don't know why he is back here for a couple of weeks in the middle of the Italian season. i am pretty sure he will be playing in a charity match this weekend.

I am sure I will see him more this week . I will see if I can put end to the speculatiion and this seemingly ridiculous thread.

19. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    You mean the full extent of FIFA's involvement in the plot to keep Jamar from playing for the US has yet to be revealed?

20. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: I spoke w/ Jamar last night....

if you truly saw jamar and he is doing good in italy, that's pretty cool. puteolana has only scored 4 goals the whole year but jamar is never in the starting lineup or the reserves. although he is on the roster page:
    http://www.puteolana.net/newsite/Team2002-03.htm
    http://www.tifonet.it/ultraspozzuoli/squadra02-03.htm

and this thread is not ridiculous, it's a tribute.

21. FWSCKEEPER

FWSCKEEPER New Member

Aug 22, 2001
    The Summit City
    I asked him about the fact that he is not showing on their roster. He was puzzled. As well as I. he assured me that he is playing. Take it as you will. Jamar is pretty aloof. and he was rappin' with some little honey. He may have been distracted.

22. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    I'm taking the puzzled look as, he was lying....and just realized he got bagged.......

23. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i really don't want to think that, but.........

24. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    somewhere i missed this picture of him in his first game in mls

[​IMG]

25. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    if Jamar said that, then he is straight up lying. And if he is infact on this team, there is no way in hell that he would be in indiana right now, when there is another game this weekend.
    as the previous poster said, puteolana has scored just four goals this season. and none of them was by Beasely.