Jamar Beasley

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BerwynBlazers, Jul 26, 2002.

1. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    I think I have verification of Jamar's impending arrival at Nocerina. I got it from the Nocerina website. His name is misspelled "Besley" and the "a" is for forward. Also, they have in the possible arrivals column they have Alex Yi. Here's the link http://www.forzanocerina.it/tratt.htm

2. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Nocera is between Naples and Salerno, at the base of Mount Vesuvius. Basically about ten minutes from Pompeii.
    I haven't had any coffee yet this morning, otherwise I'd attempt a one-liner about an "eruption" of goals by JB or something...

3. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Jamar in Italy

See I told you you guys would know the correct team name! Good job.....as for Jamar ever being as good as Damarcus, it's a bit irrelevant in the end because they play entirely different positions with entirely different qualities required. W ill Jamar ever reach the same level quantitatively? I think we're about to see!

4. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Well done, Coryattheplex. Thanks for the inside scope.

5. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Jamar in Italy

As opposed to being surrounded by guys like, say, Peter Nowak and Josh Wolff. They stink.

He'll actually yearn for the days of Paul Keegan.

Oh I think he will, but I doubt the quality of service (lack thereof) will have any bearing on it. More like the quality of defender (lack thereof) he'll be facing in fourth division football.

I want JB to succeed as much as anyone, but insinuating that he failed because he wasn't getting good enough service in MLS and expecting that to change in Serie C1/2 is (snort, snort) blinders-induced Eurosnobbery at best. As if there is some trove of undiscovered Italian number 10s running around the backwaters of the peninsula.

Sheesh.

6. Calcio Supporter

Aug 7, 2001
    When does Jamar go to Nocerina? I'm going to be in the area for the first 2 weeks of August & would love to see him play. I now the season doesn't start until but does Nocerina have any friendlies in the area?

7. Pre-season friendly schedule from the Nocerina site. I think Boiano is inland north of Napoli, Fiuggi is west of Roma:

Ecco il calendario delle amichevoli che di sputerà la Nocerina:
    28/7 Nocerina - Lanciano h 17:00 a Boiano
    1/8 Nocerina - Pro Vasto h 17:00 a Boiano
    4/8 Nocerina - Ebolitana h 17:00 a Boiano
    8/8 Nocerina - Lecce h 17:00 a Fiuggi

8. Calcio Supporter

Aug 7, 2001
    Great, thanks. Can you help me with other clubs in the area & what their pre-season friendly schedules are? I 'll be in Positano until August 17th.

I noticed your Palermo reference. I saw them play in Jan w/Collina as the referee. Actually, we were staying at the same hotel & I had a chance to meet him.

9. Calcio Supporter

Aug 7, 2001
    Willydonc,

I struggling to find where the city of Boiano is. Is it spelled correctly? Do you have an guidance? Thanks for any help you have.

10. Thunderpac

Thunderpac Member

Feb 16, 2000
    NE Minneapolis
    You can find both Boiano and Fiuggi on this map:
    [​IMG]

Fiuggi is the blue star and Boiano is the red one.

11. Calcio Supporter

Aug 7, 2001
    I got an error message, "no request parameters"???

12. Thunderpac

Thunderpac Member

Feb 16, 2000
    NE Minneapolis
    I have no idea what is going on with this. In the past, it was easy to include an image or a link in a post...

[​IMG]

13. Calcio Supporter

Aug 7, 2001
    What website is it? Can I just go there & search for the cities?

14. Thunderpac

Thunderpac Member

Feb 16, 2000
    NE Minneapolis
    I got the map from Mapquest, but there are several steps involved in getting it to display with stars for the cities in question. I thought it would be easier for me to post the picture rather than type the steps...

Anyway, it seems to work now:

http://www.visi.com/~ajwatt/images/fiuggi.jpg

15. Calcio Supporter

Aug 7, 2001
  16. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    Jamar is in the squad that will travel to Boiano for the pre-season friendlies. Hopefully, Calcio Supporter can make it to one of the games and let's us know how Jamar did.

On a side note, both Alex Yi, a Nocerina target, and Nelson Akwari are listed as free agents by US Soccer in their press release for the U-23's trip to England. Maybe they will make an impression on some manager overseas.

Would Nocerina be able to sign Yi with the new foreigner limits in Italy?

17. Jay_Rob

Jay_Rob New Member

I think he is on the Roster

Here's Nocerina website. They are in Serie C2, which is the 4th Italian division

18. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Even though there are no longer foreigner limits in Italy per se, Nocerina, as a Serie C/2 club, cannot sign any *additional* foreign players until after the end of the season.

19. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    This should make it official. http://www.forzanocerina.it/rosa.htm He is at the bottom of the page.

Buff, is there any site that you know of that would make it easier to keep up with the Serie C2 season? Also, are you going to list Jamar as a YA on CSN?

20. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Hey, if anyone sees Jamar again ask him if he's learning Itailian & how he's adjusting with the language barrier & stuff like that. Oh, & if he likes the enviroment.

21. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Not much beyond Yahoo Italy.

22. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
  23. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Hey Everyone, new info!
    Jamar has left Nocerina on a trade deal, and gone back to the original club that was interested in him, I beleive Puteolana. I guess they made an offer for him that Nocerina couldn't refuse, and apparently it's pretty sweet for jamar too. More details to follow, as we should be hearing from Jamar by email here in the next day or so.

24. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    He has been learning Italian since the first time he visited there a year or so ago. He told me that of all the places he's ever been in the world, that part of Italy is by far his favorite spot to be. Plus, I know the Puteolana club owner took him into Napoli for a runway fasiion show, and itroduced him to a bunch of Italian super models........sigh, such a hard life!

25. Scumby

Scumby Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Vancouver, WA USA
    Jamar Size?

I haven't seen Jamar play more than once on T.V. and have never seen DMB and Jamar standing together. I was wondering if Jamar is any bigger than DMB, or is he another 120 lb player?

Just curious since some people on this thread seem to know them.

Thanks,

Scumby