Jamar Beasley with Chivas USA

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Husker, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Husker

Husker New Member

Mar 14, 1999
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that he was included in the lineup for the preseason game this past weekend. Just wondering what's been said about his performances so far in the preseason. Sure hope he makes your squad.

2. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah I noticed that too.
    then again, i am not surprised. If you take into account that Preki played a lot of indoors himself, i can see him tapping into it to search for recruits.

3. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets hope hes taking things a lot more serious now. I thought he did some time with the Galaxy as well but its not mentioned. I know his brother did but I seem to remember him too around 99ish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamar_Beasley

4. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damarcus was traded to us immediately. He never played for LA.

Jamar was with NE and then us for one year before leaving the league.

5. united_fan_72

united_fan_72 New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Jamar Beasley was a good talent, horrible how he threw it all away. Let's hope he's gotten his head together, and is able to have success again in the MLS.

6. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he never played with LA BUT did a few promos and came to a few games. He was a nice kid/guy he was real young as I recall

7. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Quite frankly Jamar Beasley is a heck of a player who could help any MLS club. Jamar is physically stronger and much tougher than his first MLS go around. JB has plenty of technical skill and speed and he could be an impact player on the flanks or up top. I wish Jamar all the best!

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I agree with Tom. Beasley still has all the tools to be a very good MLS player and if his performance in the MISL in any indication, he's learned how to be a good pro, too.

Beasley's MISL numbers have one up every year and the last time I checked - admitedly a couple weeks ago - he was leading the MISL in scoring.

IMO, this is a low-risk move that has the potential to have a high reward.

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Here are Beasley’s MISL stats. Note that his goals-per-game has increased every year save for the 04/05 season when he missed several games while injured and when he was playing for the US national futsal team. That he improved every year shows me a willingness to work on his game and a maturity that says he's become a solid pro.

06/07 Detroit – 20 games, 28 goals (2 3-pt, 26 2-pt), 15 assists
    05/06 Saint Louis – 30 games, 33 goals, 12 assists
    04/05 Kansas City – 25 games, 22 goals, 15 assists
    03/04 Kansas City – 36 games, 31 goals, 15 assists
    TOTALS: Four Seasons - 111 games, 114 goals, 57 assists

Beasley currently leads the MISL in goals and points. Second place Greg Howes (another player I think an MLS team should finally sign) is five behind in goals and points and has played one fewer game.

http://www.misl.net/stats/?zone=leaders&season=67

Will Detroit just let him leave mid-season? I can’t imagine a league that is struggling to draw fans, not to mention trying to win some games, would be thrilled at seeing its scoring leader up and leave mid-season. Unless he has an MLS-out clause or MLS pays a transfer fee (the latter of which I don’t see MLS doing) I don’t see him being able to join Chivas USA (or any other MLS team) till the Ignition’s season is over.

10. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Excellent info. Sandon. I am in agreement with you that there a few MISL players who could easily play in MLS. Why do you think Beasley was cut? I am sure that it wasn't because of talent and more on the whole MISL/MLS situation that you pointed out. Also, out of curiousity, how much does Beasley make in MISL?

13. oldguyfc

oldguyfc New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Chicago
    And, as I posted on another thread, the word is that if Jamar does in fact join Chivas, it will be after the MISL season is over. I do know that Jamar was making more than most in the MISL, he's probably in the $3500 a month range, with maybe an apartment thrown in for good measure.

14. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    So there is a possibility to see Beasley after the MISL season, as in maybe a loan type of situation? Man, that is awesome(how he is making 3500 a month and maybe an apartment) but how do you know:) I hope to see Beasley in MLS again.

15. Legionario

Legionario New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Kalifas
    Looks like it was a flash in the pan. Too bad. Hopefully the bring him during the midseason or something.

16. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    On MLS board guy is claiming that Jamar will be back when indoor season is over.

17. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    FYI, Detroit's last regular season game is April 1 and the MISL's last regular season game is April 7.

Detroit is currently in second place and, I think, the top four teams make the playoffs, so odds are there will be playoff games to be played, too. If Detroit were to make the MISL final, odds are Jamar would be available some in mid-May, earlier if Detroit is eliminated sooner.

18. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he came to CHIVAS USA, it would give me a great excuse to wear his brothers US Soccer jersey to the games. Who knows, maybe it would encourage him to step up his game and surpass his little DaMarcus.

19. Vicious Lhasa Apso

Vicious Lhasa Apso New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Did Detroit sign off on him even being in LA in the first place, trying out? That might explain us being reminded he is under contract and his getting cut quickly. Or maybe not. Just a thought.

20. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Now that the MISL season is almost over for Jamar Beasley is there any possibility of seeing him in a Chivas uniform soon?

21. oldguyfc

oldguyfc New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Chicago
    The rumor mill says that he will be signed as soon as his MISL season is over.
    (Rumor Mill = Preki)

22. Vicious Lhasa Apso

Vicious Lhasa Apso New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Beasley is playing in the championship game April 21. Just to put a date to things.

23. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    For the record, Beasley finished the regular season playing in 29 games and scoring a league-leading 40 goals (35 2-pt. goals, 5 3-pt. goals) and 22 assists and lead the MISL with 107 points, two points ahead of Greg Howes.

That put’s his four-year MISL regular season totals to 120 games, 126 goals and 64 assists.

Beasley also had an assist in the first two playoff games.

24. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Thanks for the update! It would be great to see the MISL player of the year
    playing in MLS.