Jamal German Finally Committing to Germany Musiala

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Feb 24, 2021.

1. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    4 world class rightbacks. 2 excellent leftbacks chilwell Shaw. Stones and Maguire helped their teams to euro finals. Tomori who starred for Milan couldn't even get in the squad. Bellingham has been sensational for dortmund. Pickford is solid. We also have alot of young talented defenders. As I said Tomori gomez konsa white. Declan rice has been superb for West ham and England. Alot of depth

2. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree, I got in a debate about 15 years ago working in cologne with a Englishman, lol he had of a opnion that Brian Robson was a better player than the GREAT Lothar Matthaus lol

Blueberry_night and dips82 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BorisG and Blueberry_night repped this.
  4. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did something in 12 minutes for Germany that Sane hasn’t done in 3 matches

5. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It will be interesting to see Musiala against England. Let's show this kid that he is choosing the correct country

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    He will score the winning goal against England.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the future is now,
    -Havertz's Germany youngest ever scorer at Euro
    -Musiala, 2nd youngest debutant post WWII and 5th overall. Germany youngest debutant in any tourney.

both still u21 eligible.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jamal Musiala: “Before the substitutions, the coach told me to just trust myself. I should play in half space and move forward aggressively. I have nothing to lose, I should just give it my all. I did that with full confidence. "

Musiala: “I was extremely happy about the 2-2 win, I was just proud to be on the field at such a big tournament. I'm just happy! "

Musiala on the quarter-finals against #ENG: “I'm looking forward to it, this is my second home, I'm really hot. I know a few players there, I talked to Jude Bellingham before the game. "

Musiala: "It's going to be a cool game, I'm just looking forward to it, no matter what. Go to Wembley, England, it's just a big game."

Musiala: “We can still improve a few things, but the way we play is pretty good. If we improve a few things, we can go very far. "

9. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Personally think we should not start Musiala against England , but he he can be an option off the bench.

dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    better for now vs tired legs. You still need sub difference makers.

BorisG repped this.
  11. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #161 BorisG, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    To be honest I am desperate for the German team to perform would try anything ahahaha

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    don't be depressed almost done with dinosaur Low.

BorisG repped this.
  13. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hahahaha thanks @Ger90 ....
    Hope is on the horizon.

14. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Musiala: “I was extremely happy about the 2-2 win, I was just proud to be on the field at such a big tournament. I'm just happy! "

2-2 was a win? I guess sort of...;)

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    joking about this,:p
    [​IMG]

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

BorisG repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB.de: You first lived in Germany, then in England, then in Germany. Which change was more difficult, the one to England or the one back to Germany?

Jamal Musiala: When I went to England from Germany, it was particularly tough. I didn't know the language, at first I didn't have any friends there. In the beginning, football helped me a lot with the integration. Everyone understands the universal language of football. It got better when I could understand English well after a few months. In this respect, the move back to Germany was easier, at least in this respect, even if my German is still not perfect. But I was older by then, already knew the country, had a few friends here. That helped me to find my way back to Germany more quickly.

DFB.de: You took your first steps as a footballer in Fulda. How well do you remember your beginnings? Is there still contact there?

Musiala: Above all, my mother is still in contact there, and so do I, but it is less for me because I travel a lot through football. But I see how much the people in Fulda are behind me, which makes me very happy. There are still friendships from that time, but unfortunately the connections are no longer really intense. With the time in Fulda and at TSV Lehnerz, I only associate positive things. We just played a lot of football, had a lot of fun, played in the club and also on our doorstep.

DFB.de: From TSV Lehnerz via detours to FC Chelsea. How big was the culture shock? Or are the differences not as big as you might think?

Musiala: My joy in football has stayed the same. The biggest difference is of course the quality of the players. On the one hand, it meant competition, on the other hand, it's also nice to play football at a higher level. And I've always succeeded in thinking only of the positive and never putting myself under great pressure.

DFB.de: You were pretty much geared towards becoming a professional pretty early on. What was your plan B like? And when were you sure you didn't need Plan B?

Musiala: It's true, I've invested a lot in football. My plan was: Plan A. And then to give everything for it. But it wasn't as if my life consisted entirely of football. For example, I've always loved drawing. And as a job? I used to be able to imagine becoming an architect very well. But it doesn't matter that it didn't work out either. (laughs)

DFB.de: In England you played for various youth national teams, now you play for the German senior team. Are there things, rituals that are the same in both groups?

Musiala: Junior and senior national teams are difficult to compare - and then also across national borders, that's impossible. What I can basically say is that in England, when it comes to training young footballers, a lot of emphasis is placed on technical training. We had special technical training courses at least once a week. When I came to Germany, it was more about competition, about asserting yourself. It was more about winning. Although you have to say that it was then in a different grade and I can't say anything about how training was carried out in Germany up to this grade. But in England it was the case that there was no real league until the U18, only tournaments every now and then. So there is a difference - and it may be an advantage for me that I have benefited from both approaches.

DFB.de: You are very young and only recently joined the national team. How comfortable do you feel with the DFB team? Are there still moments when you think all of this is unreal?

Musiala: I feel very good, it's fun. It's just great for me to be here, even at my age. But, yes, it happens that I still wonder how quickly everything went. So many incredible things have happened to me so quickly lately, it's not normal. Sometimes I have the feeling that I'm not really checking what it all means and how big it is.

DFB.de: When you're as young as you are and you're experiencing something as big as a European Championship - how much does it help that you already know a lot of players from Munich?

Musiala: That was of course extremely valuable, especially at the very beginning. I could ask the FC Bayern players anything, and they weren't annoyed either. That was good, that gave me security. But now I've got to know the whole squad well and can actually address all of the players. In addition, I now have fewer questions and am less dependent on help.

DFB.de: You sat in the stands at the games against France and Portugal. Was that difficult?

Musiala: I'm a footballer, I want to play. I'm doing everything I can to get into the squad and be one of the top eleven. But I can assess my situation. Every experience at this tournament is valuable to me, I learn a lot. I was not in the squad twice, for me that meant that I had to do even more in training, offer myself even more and convince the coach even more of myself. Fortunately, I succeeded.

DFB.de: It didn't look good against Hungary for a long time and they were threatened with elimination. And that's exactly when you came into play. How did you manage to approach this task seemingly without fear?

Musiala: The national coach had told me that I should dare to do something and go aggressively into the half-space. And I had nothing to lose either. I know it from FC Bayern what it's like to be substituted on. It is important to be there immediately and have actions. Then the pressure goes away too. When it's slow and the game passes you by, it's harder, then you think too much and you may make mistakes. I pushed all thoughts aside and played as freely as possible, with a lot of conviction. That is exactly what we needed. If you come into play in a situation like this, you mustn't hide. I'm glad I was able to help the team and I hope to get another chance against England.

DFB.de: You are now Germany's youngest tournament player of all time. Is it just one more of the many "Youngest of All Times" titles for you, or a story that you attach great importance to?

Musiala: That's something nice, but it doesn't affect my character or my attitude. I always try to give everything and develop myself further. A title like this is great for the moment, but then it moves on quickly. That's how it should be. Because the next goals and titles are already waiting.

DFB.de: Now it's against England, how many messages have you received from friends there?

Musiala: (laughs) Quite a few, especially from people from my time at Chelsea. I also talked to Jude Bellingham, who I played with for England's junior teams and who is now on the European Championship squad. That'll be cool, I'm looking forward to it. I'm curious what happens. It will definitely be a tough game against a top opponent.

DFB.de: What did Jude Bellingham tell you?
    Musiala: We talked about the possibility of playing against each other before our game in Hungary. "I'll see you then," he said. "And after the game, we'll swap shirts." It will be nice to see him again. A few years ago we played together for England, including against Germany, and now we're playing against each other in a tournament like this, that's something special for both of us.

DFB.de: Is that a challenge for you emotionally?
    Musiala: No, I made a conscious decision to play for Germany. But of course, it's not a game like any other. England is my second home, I've lived there for a few years and felt comfortable, know a lot of people, have learned a lot. I don't want to miss any of that. You don't just brush it off like that. This game is big for me.

DFB.de: Germany against England is considered a classic, there have been numerous big games, the Wembley goal, the semi-finals at the 1990 World Cup and the 1996 European Championship. Can you relate to the term "classic"? Do you associate anything with it?

Musiala: I know of course that there is a rivalry that goes back a long way. I remember what a big deal it was in England to play against Germany. As for that, I've seen a lot. I look forward to this further experience. But for me personally, it's about winning this game in order to get through - what was once isn't so crucial.

DFB.de: Some colleagues have already seen big games against England. Thomas Müller, for example, scored two goals at the 2010 World Cup against England. Did he tell you about it?

Musiala: No, it hasn't yet. But he has already told me that he is really up for the game. We all know it won't be easy, games against England never are. We can't wait to get started.

DFB.de: There is a video of you in which you, as an eleven-year-old, can be seen playing a game in your school at Wembley Stadium and scoring four goals. Is that your only memory of this place?

Musiala: I played there twice, both times with the selection of my primary school "Corpus Christi". We won both games, so I hope the next win will follow. (laughs) When you're eleven years old every stadium seems huge to you, but I think Wembley is still extraordinary for everyone today. I still remember how perfect the lawn was. That was really cool. It's nice ever

DFB.de: Your friends from the island are also looking forward to it. You have ordered some tickets for the game.

Musiala: Yes, many friends of mine want to be there, my father is also coming. Unfortunately, my family from Germany is not allowed to enter the country. That's why it's all the more important to have my friends with us - we also need a few fans for Germany in the stadium.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "No, I made a conscious decision to play for Germany."

Didn't Mafioso Low threatned his family if he doesn't play DFB.:cool:

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw on Musiala: "If he comes in tomorrow and doesn't score the decisive goal, we'll send him back to England (laughs). He's happy to be back here. He made the decision for us with all his heart. He has shown his potential in the last few weeks"

what did I say, threats!!!!

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Julian Nagelsmann on Jamal Musiala: "An outstanding talent whose dribbling is of the highest quality. He has a very, very good first touch, also taking him past his marker, so he's a real threat in front of goal. We'll really enjoy having him at FC Bayern"

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Blueberry_night repped this.
  23. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Such a performance from Musiala. As it stands, he deserve starting XI in Bayern much more than Sane. Sane is complete trainwreck atm.

Boandlkramer and Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Musiala just needs to work on physique which will increase his duals wins and than it's onto beast mode....

Blueberry_night and Alex C repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Blueberry_night and Boandlkramer repped this.