Jamal German Finally Committing to Germany Musiala

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Feb 24, 2021.

1. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Not denying that

2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Henderson is very underrated. Sterling is still quality despite a bad season

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Henderson is solid enough.

Sterling is quality when on form although rarely performs for England in big matches. Tbh it wouldn’t shock me if he is benched at the Euros, there is some strong competition in those areas.

Musiala will have probably looked up to both English and German players growing up as a dual, but he’s hardly going to talk about English players at this point is he?

roverman repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL Musiala grew up watching Germany win WC and CC and constantly in SF while England bombed during his growing up years.

saj7866, dips82 and Alex C repped this.
  5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I would have foden sancho or grealish ahead of sterling.

6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    We had a few unlucky tournaments. Losing to Portugal in 2 quarter finals on penalties when we were the better team. Being cheated against Argentina when Campbell had a perfectly good goal ruled out. Losing to Italy in the quarter final of euro 12 on penalties. A bit of luck we would have had more semi finals and possibly more finals

Dage repped this.
  7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah that’s why it’s vital that we keep performing at tournaments. 2018 needs to be a one off so that the countries reputation as being a team that always turns up when it matters doesn’t drop, currently most people see it as a fluke/blip, never count out the Germans etc. Even back in the supposed dark times the team reached a WC Final lol. When England have dark times they don’t even qualify. (94 and 08)

Ger90 and saj7866 repped this.
  8. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I grew up seeing England crushing out or not qualifying at all as well
    Spoke to my dad and he said he grew up seeing the same thing as well

Ger90 repped this.
  9. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol A English player underrated! That's a first.

Ger90, Blueberry_night and Alex C repped this.
  10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    They were examples. How about kane rashford

saj7866 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reality England has history of loser mentality and usually can't get things done.

12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Yes true. Underperformed. But things are changing. Look at Spain until 08

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also grew up with England busting and being OVERHYPED for every fricking tourney only for them to bomb. England Golden Gen who will win everything but end up bombing and Dark Times DFB is my childhood, LOL.

my dad always shat on England, lol.
    only NT he respects are Brazil, he grow up with Pele era. And huge respect to 80s/90s Italy.

I still recall him mocking England pre-every tourney. Even in 2002 when England beat us 5-1 but Germany made final, lol.

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Your dad sounds like a real gentleman

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he is very polite man, but sports is competitive. If your shit your shit.

always find it funny how people get offended at trash talking other NT. EVERYONE does it.

growing up, English media always shat on Germany, lol. And tons of commentators, clearly hated Germany and wanted us to fail and got annoyed at success too.

saj7866 repped this.
  16. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wtf! What have Kane and rashford achieved compared to kroos? Sweet xxck all,

Kroos 4× champions league winner
    Multiple league titles
    World cup winner
    World club cup winner and many more.

Kane?
    Rashford?

17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Not really. Most English people admired the German mentality. Always being successful even with ur worst teams

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Just examples. Ffs. Kane has a world cup golden boot. Rashford has carried man utd for a few seasons. Its not kane's fault he plays for spurs. Should I mention mason mount and Henderson who have won champions leagues epl titles.

Blueberry_night and saj7866 repped this.
  19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm going now before this turns ugly. Bye

20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spanish had some real Great players
    Iniesta, xavi, puyol, and many more world class players, as for England I see Kane as a top class player and as for the rest their either hit and miss or unproven.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Everyday people not same as mass media.

mass media also ones who spread stereotypes about Germany and German players too.

22. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Just because England never won anything since 66, doesn't actually means they are hopeless to win anything for the next few years as well.

France was perceived as 2nd tier team under Brazil, Germany, Italy during WC 98. They ended up winning WC 98 and EC 00.
    Spain was perceived as perennial loser with weak mentality before EC 08. They ended up winning 3 consecutive tournaments. Spain literally our bitch before those 08 era. They losing left and right again strong countries at that era.
    Portugal and especially CR7 being mocked can't win any NT trophy and see what happens at 16.

We see a pattern here right. I'm not saying this generation of England NT will become another Zidane era France or Xavi era Spain, not like that. I'm not fu3king god of football.

However, at least England now possess some exciting young players. And they could do serious damage if those talents keep playing at high level at club level. Even so that is not enough. Certainly England really lacks good coach, so this really hurt their chances. However we can't say anything for sure. Spain started to win those 3 consecutive trophy under Aragones of all people.

What I'm saying, England had a chance to become winner of NT tournament in the future. Chance is the keyword here. With plethora of young talents, at least the backbone is there.

However indeed I expect Germany to win all NT tournaments from here on out to my deathbed. The actual result is not under my control.

rj123, roverman, Ger90 and 1 other person repped this.
  23. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Golden boot against journey men lol fer, only decent teams England played were against Belgium and Croatia and guess what happened? Lol

dips82 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    of course they can win in future just hilarious they haven't since 66. I honestly don't care if they do win or not. Better they win Euro than France or Spain.....

most of English talents in attack, the areas before attack from GK to Midfield does have weaknesses and Southgate is bad coach too. lol.

Outside of Kane, CF also iffy too.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  25. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As said before their media, pundits and fans live in a bubble and overhype their players and overestimate their capability…otherwise their beckham, gerrard, lampard, scholes, terry, ashley cole, rooney, joe cole, walcott etc would have conquered the whole world in the past…

Ger90, Blueberry_night and saj7866 repped this.