Jamal German Finally Committing to Germany Musiala

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Born in Stuttgart to a German mother and British-Nigerian father, Jamal Musiala arrived in England at the age of seven with only the most basic English vocabulary. “I hardly understood a word people were saying to me,” the 17-year-old tells The Athletic. “At the beginning, I communicated only on an emotional level — I was able to translate the language of encouraging gestures, impressions, actions, acts of kindness or just a smile.”

He recalls people being incredibly nice to him in this unfamiliar place. His family had moved from Fulda to the English south coast because his mother Carolin was studying for a degree in sociology at Southampton University.

“Even though I was different, a little boy of mixed background who couldn’t speak the language, I didn’t feel that anyone treated me differently,” he says. “I attended an ordinary primary school and I can remember very well getting a sticker for every correct sentence I wrote. Those small gestures helped me to learn and adapt very quickly. One of the first verbal expressions I learned was, ‘Well done!’ I was made to feel very welcome.”

Musiala soon learned that there was another way he could communicate, however. It came even more easily than the first few words. “It was football,” he smiles. “It’s a universal language that’s very well-spoken in England.

“I’m not sure I can find the right words to explain it but everyone who loves playing the game knows about the language of football. There are rules everyone knows about: a place, a ball and a group of kids. it is the moment, the passion and, of course, the fun. It doesn’t matter if you understand any words. When you are on the pitch you are on the same wavelength as everyone else and you just enjoy the moment.

“It’s a magical feeling, especially for someone who comes in from abroad without knowing anyone or anything in this strange new place. You have to feel it and live it first before you can understand it.”

Musiala played for local club Central City before a Chelsea scout spotted him at a tournament. Football and the nice, helpful people he encountered off the pitch in Southampton and later London made him, an outsider, feel as if he belonged. As a result, he did.

“England is home for me,” he says, by way of explaining why choosing between representing Germany or England at international level has been a decision he’s grappled with for many months. “It is difficult to find words for what England means for me because I have so many memories connected to very positive emotions.”

Having spent eight happy formative years in London, where he played for Chelsea and attended Whitgift School, Musiala felt every bit as English as German by the time he returned as a Bayern Munich academy player two years ago. He still does. “I have a heart for Germany and a heart for England. Both hearts will keep on beating.” He had represented both at youth level, but most turned out for England, including some of his closest friends such as Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham. So how did he chose Germany in the end?

“I’ve thought about this question a lot,” he says. “What is best for my future? Where do I have more chances to play? In the end, I just listened to the feeling that over a long period of time kept telling me that it was the right decision to play for Germany, the land I was born in. Still, it wasn’t an easy decision for me.”

With both countries exerting a similar emotional pull, a lot of it came down to sporting considerations. Bayern Munich team-mates such as Joshua Kimmich and Serge Gnabry were constantly in Musiala’s ear about joining up with him in the national team. The German Football Association, having at first felt that they had little chance of wrestling the player back from playing for England’s youth teams, stepped up their efforts to lure him over over the last few months.

National manager Joachim Low went to meet the player in late January in Munich and the next day went public with his intention to call him up for the internationals in March. He told Musalia that there was a clear pathway for him to break into the side in attacking midfield.

Germany’s dearth of talent at under-18 level worked in his favour. There’s a shortage of individualists, in particular: with the possible exception of Bayer 04 Leverkusen’s Florian Wirtz, no one’s quite as comfortable dribbling past players in the No 10 spot as the skinny but silky Musiala is at his age.

Low really pushed to win his confidence, also conscious of the fact that his capture would prove a huge coup and feelgood story to deflect from some of the negative sentiment surrounding the national team since their disappointing showings in the autumn.

For Musiala, meanwhile, this is shaping up to be a monumental week. On Tuesday night, he started against Lazio in the Champions League and became Bayern Munich’s youngest goalscorer in the competition.

Following today’s declaration for Germany, he will turn 18 on Friday and sign a professional contract to keep him at the Allianz Arena for a few more years, at least. Thanks to the mentoring of Hansi Flick, his biggest champion at the club, and the clout that comes with playing for Germany’s most influential club as a Germany international, the stage is set for a glistening career.

But moving ahead at such a fantastical pace doesn’t mean that Musalia won’t stop to look back in gratitude, to where it all started. He made sure to tell England manager Gareth Southgate personally of his decision this week. Unprompted, he talks at length about the friendships he made playing for the England youth team, and you can detect just the smallest tinge of regret that he will no longer play in the same team as them.

“My friends made me feel welcome and comfortable,” he says. “Everyone got each other’s backs and you can rely on them. There are so many challenges to overcome, achievements to share, decisions to make, competitions to face but if you have people around you that you can trust, it’s easier to focus and continue to develop.”

It’s important for him to go on the record with his thanks for Chelsea and the FA, too. “They are family for me, and I am sure that I remain a member of the family, even though I’m no longer here. I wouldn’t be where I am right now without the trust and support of Chelsea FC and the FA, throughout the hard times and fun times. It wasn’t always easy, but they made me the player I am now”.

Low and the Nationalmannschaft really are in luck. In Musiala, the player with two football hearts, they have secured a truly unique talent: the first Germany star made in England.
    https://theathletic.co.uk/2408268/2...y-right-decision-to-play-for-germany-england/

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Records broken
    -Youngest Bayern debutant
    -Youngest Bayern scorer
    -Youngest CL scorer for Bayern
    -only 10th player to score before 18th in CL
    -2nd youngest to score in knockout stages in CL

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have no qualms about taking him from england.

if it weren't for his mom's studies would never have left Germany. Started playing in Germany too and spent half his life in Germany. His future is in Germany at Bayern.

bring on,
    Samardzic, Adeyemi, Wirtz, Musiala, Sieb, Moukoko, Raebiger etc and list goes on and on.

rj123, saj7866, Blueberry_night and 2 others repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    also, yesterday all twitter was like youngest english scorer in CL and english talent scoring......now replace all that with German and German flag.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

English fans really wanted him since they think world class/huge potential.

in end we won battle for 2/2 German-Brits. Mbi always made sense was less attached to england, he was only there for 5 years, not much of anything.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    dfb confirms,

MUSIALA DECIDES FOR DFB TEAM
    Exceptional talent Jamal Musiala from the sex-winning FC Bayern Munich has chosen the German national team. "I have a heart for Germany and a heart for England, both hearts will continue to beat," said the offensive all-rounder, who will turn 18 on Friday, at sportschau.de. "I've thought a lot about this question. In the end, I listened to my feeling that it was the right decision to play for Germany." It is something "that feels right, but also took time to develop".

National coach Joachim Löw says: "Being able to play for his country has to be an affair of the heart for every national player. That's why I am pleased that Jamal Musiala has decided to play for Germany in the future. I see huge potential in him, of course We keep an eye on him over a longer period of time. Oliver Bierhoff and I last met him in Munich and shared our thoughts with him. Nobody can give him a guarantee at this stage, that would be dubious. But I think we'll see him in March will also be appointed to our squad, especially since it will tend to be bigger again within a few days due to three upcoming international matches. We will get to know each other better in this context. "

Oliver Bierhoff, DFB Director National Teams and Academy, explains: "We are very happy about Jamal's decision to play for Germany. I have great respect for this decision, which was certainly not easy for him. We have great prospects for Jamal in the German national team and are convinced that he will go his way successfully. It is a good signal for the future of German football when a top talent like Jamal Musiala decides for Germany and the DFB. "

"Not that easy decision" It was "not an easy decision," says Musiala. Germany is "the country where I was born and where I started playing football, but I grew up in England and still have a lot of friends there." Musiala was born in Stuttgart, but lived in England for eight years and played there for Chelsea. For the German U16 he played two international matches, he played 23 times for the juniors of the "Three Lions", most recently also for their U21. In Bayern's round of 16 first leg at Lazio Rom, Jamal Musiala became the youngest German champions at 4-1 League goalscorers.
    https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/musiala-entscheidet-sich-fuer-dfb-team-224687/

dips82 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After the 17-year-old Jamal Musiala decided on a career in the German national team, the FC Bayern player explained in an interview with the Sportschau what the decisive factor in accepting the DFB. Joachim Löw is said to have been a big factor in this. After Musiala was able to shine with a goal in the 4-1 win against Lazio Rome, the decision regarding his international career was announced. The 17-year-old will appear for the DFB team in the future and thus give the English a basket. In an interview with ARD-Sportschau, Musiala revealed that he was particularly impressed by the talks with national coach Löw, but that he also benefited from the support of FC Bayern. Löw showed "a very clear path for me" - the club is behind Musiala

The Talent reported that he was very impressed by the conversations with Löw. "At this meeting, Mr. Löw showed me a very clear path for me in the national team. Mr. Löw and also Mr. Bierhoff were very interested in me, wanted to understand my motivation and motivation and get to know me as a person. I was impressed how the two were informed, "said Musiala, describing the courtship for himself. The youngster revealed that he should be installed in the DFB team as an offensive force primarily in the center. "Mr. Löw worked out and analyzed my style of play as well as my strengths and weaknesses very well and clearly. In the future, he will also see me in my strongest position in attacking midfield and appreciate my qualities there. So I would definitely say that Mr. Mr Bierhoff, but also Hansi Flick and my teammates at FC Bayern had a positive part in my decision, "said Musiala, who wanted to mention the influence of his club.

Because no one pushed him to decide, instead he should make the best possible decision for himself. "I also have to say that my coach Hansi Flick encouraged me to make my own decision. I could talk to him about it at any time. That also showed me that I am currently with the right club and on the right team," said Musiala the support of his colleagues. Because in addition to Manuel Neuer, Serge Gnabry, Leon Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich spoke out in favor of a DFB nomination for their comrade. "I was impressed when I read how positively they talk about me. I have great respect for their achievements at FC Bayern and with the German national team - and for their personalities," said Musiala. National coach wants to nominate Musiala at the end of March

The then 18-year-old (birthday next Friday) will probably celebrate his debut for the German national team during the upcoming international break. National coach Joachim Löw has already announced that he will nominate Musiala. "I do think that we will now appoint him to our squad in March, especially since it will tend to be bigger again within a few days due to three upcoming international matches. In this context, we will get to know each other better," Löw announced to the DFB at. The start of the World Cup qualification is due at the end of March. Germany then meets Iceland, Romania and North Macedonia. If Musiala is used there, he is finally "stuck". A change to the English association is then no longer possible.
    https://www.90min.de/posts/faktor-low-musiala-erklart-seine-dfb-zusage

PierreLittbarski repped this.
  7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

1364316771826679817 is not a valid tweet id

2 different people,

"Super decision!

Musiala, Wirtz, Moukoko, Havertz, Adeyemi, Netz, Katterbach, Bella Kotchap looks like a good start for the Post-Kimmich generation.

There are also some players with good capacities who need to be seen how and whether they can take the next steps."

"The next steps must all be taken in order to start a long-term successful career. But I would also mention Torben Rhein, Bright Arrey-Mbi and Armindo Sieb from Bayernjugend as well as Jan Thielmann, Maxi Beier, Paul Nebel, Emre Gedikli and some who are not on the list yet.

In any case, it doesn't look too bad for the offspring, as is often claimed, if the above-mentioned develop well."

there is a LOT more than that, funny how I see more and more basically say dfb/media are excessively exaggerating. Fact is dfb/media only looking at now and 100% ignore emerging players. I've even seen a scout of accusing dfb of lying about lack of talents. DFB are just - about everything. They shit on their players all the time. Write off entire age groups based on u17 results.

Bayern u17 coach has also called the - excessive and not true as he sees tons of exceptional talents from Bayern, Sud/Sudwest clubs and dfb YNT. So he's talking about 03-05s. Guy has been at Bayern for 10 years coaching.

a dfb coach also said he saw over 50 good 02s excluding regular 02 call ups. Not surpring tons of pro contract, playing time etc for 02s and more soon.

Dortmund tons of youth coaches have said that there are so many top talents from u19 and under aka 03-onwards.

as Mentioned in youth thread our 03s beat England (vs Musiala too), trashed France, beat Spain, trashed Argentina, drew Italy etc.

have seen some already say that Germany 05-06 better than England and other Euro countries. A Brit with sources confirmed 05 better and someone from Germany too.

Why post this here?
    1-Musiala is a 03 and these 02-06 will be his future teammates
    2-People love to spread Propaganda that dfb is desperate whether German, english or neither

LMAO dfb has every right to go after Musiala anyways. Who is dumb enough to allow a HUGE talent who comes from Germany play elsewhere.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I realise that you shouldn't over hype youngsters too soon, and there are many promising German talents that we still need to wait and see on, however it is clear that in Musiala, Wirtz and Moukoko at the very least, Germany has 3 of the most hyped teenage attacking talents in Europe who are already making an impact at first team level in big clubs.

saj7866, Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this is true, Musiala was being called one of biggest talents in world. I mean no one has ever brokenthough Bayern ********ing Munich at 17.....and XI in CL Knockout match.....

Wirtz has some of best stats in europe and outperforming tons of talents and older guys.

Moukoko at 16 outperforming some of his teammates and all of europe wants him. Should be at 4 goals, hit post twice in 1BL. Too many games, Moukoko on and whole attackind dynamic change and Dortmund goes from ineffective to doing something.

read what Nagelsmann says about Samardzic, only time until we got another potential big one.

“He has developed well with us. I have already said several times that I see him as a very good footballer with exceptional talent and unbelievable abilities, ”said the Bulls coach about the latest signing of the current season. Above all, he praised Samardzic for his completion with links and his good final balls. "But he lacks a little punch, the decision-making gene, that certain masculinity that is required to seriously assert oneself in the Bundesliga."

"He has to become more physical, nimble and more active in running behavior, then he will be a very good Bundesliga player." He also gets the time he needs to do this, because his talent should not go unused at RB Leipzig

saj7866 and Alex C repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    saj7866 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sky Germany reporter Uli Koehler:

"As he said, it's a decision made by the stomach. I'm sure Gareth Southgate was fighting for him, but Joachim Low was doing the same. He is basically German. When he was seven, he came to Southampton and then a year later he went to Chelsea.

"He has a lot of friends from the youth team there so it was hard for him to make this decision but in 2019, his mother decided for personal reasons to go back to Germany and Brexit could've affected this decision.

"Bayern gave the best offer and now he's here. I'm pretty sure the Bayern players who play for the national team put a little bit more pressure on him [to choose Germany] on Tuesday after he scored his goal!

"He's already training with the big guys here at Bayern, so maybe this also affected his decision."

There is NO Brexit COULD have affected decision. Musiala confirmed last season that Brexit and Personal reasons is why he came back to Germany.

imagine playing for a country you ditched due to Brexit.....

Boandlkramer repped this.
  13. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ger90 repped this.
  14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And laars gruntz

Ger90 repped this.
  15. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And to think kimmich whose not to old himself has to be the best in europe or the world

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  16. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So we poached Musiala. Thats ok for me,wonderful talent.Although I would be more excited him being a CB;) But we shouldnt complain next time Turkey or someone else convinces a dual to play for them. Normaly someone should play for the country of his (soccer) education. Nevertheless looking forward to see him play for DFB

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nope none of German-Turks have ever played in Turkey how is that comparable?

Musiala has played in Germany and his coaches from prior to moving to england, said one can already see his potential that young.

not poaching more fair game to either side.

18. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    80 to 90 %of the important soccer education was done by the english system. We dont have to talk about which country has done by far more for his development. But it is like it is, Felix Nmecha next;)

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #19 Ger90, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    I have doubts about F.Nmecha playing for Germany.

but why should dfb feel bad that German duals who come from Germany decide to play for dfb.

Nmecha X2, Mbi (only 5 years there) and Musiala are all German-Brits who came from Germany. They aren't Bennetts, Glatzel etc.

Its why I was always okay with Cabrera giving dfb middle finger and wanting to play for Uruguay because he's an immigrant. Same for Evina and so many others, these kids immigrating 7+ to Germany. These guys are attached to home country.

I've seen TONS of British fans over past year who didn't want Musiala because they didn't want a German on their NT. And ones who wanted him seem more tied with who cares hes German immigrant, he's huge prospect and that trumps the sentiment. Although have seen a lot of - reactions on twitter from them, lol.

20. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you mean German-Turks that went through the DFB u-teams (hence being poached). At least 3 quality German-Turks chose Turkey over the DFB at the beginning of their careers (or never got called up to the DFB - don't know it was some time ago) - Nuri Sahin and the Altintop brothers.

I love this quote/mistranslation: "Exceptional talent Jamal Musiala from the sex-winning FC Bayern Munich has"

Not satisfied with winning all possible trophies FCB is now winning at sex?;)

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I meant at youth club level. Sahin and Altintop all German dev players.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "He's a fabulous player. This kid technically is exceptional," Hargreaves said on BT Sport.

"17-years-old to be playing in a game like this, even for a team like Bayern is crazy. That's his fourth goal this season."

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Kicker: Jamal Musiala will sign a new long-term contract with Bayern Munich in the coming days. In the long run, the young midfielder will continue to be gradually promoted and inducted into Bayern's first team.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boandlkramer and Blueberry_night repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The dribbler at "sportschau.de": "I will do everything I can to recommend myself for the EM with good performances in the second half of the season."