Jamaica vs India [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Excape Goat, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Something for a change..... Jamaica beat India 3-0. The game was played in England.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    That was the first of two matches between the teams in England - it was played Wednesday, IIRC, with the second one yesterday.

The Reggae Boyz won 3-0 at Vicarage Road and yesterday's match at Molineux finished 0-0. Still have yet to find the goal scorers, though.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
  4. how about japan vs india instead of jamaica?

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the match was held in England because many Jamaicans and Indians lived over there. India actually played a few times in England. The ticket responses were very high.

6. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Until india has a fully professional league they won't improve much. I think India will always be a one sport country. Cricket is pretty much the only sport they care about. Sadly for them it is a sport played seriously only by a handful of former British colonies

7. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    Sure cricket is the no.1 sport but football, hockey, wrestling, etc. are all popular especially football. Its just the media shows little interest in football so all you hear about in india is cricket! Mohun Bagan is the oldest club in Asia so there is definitely history there and especially in the eastern and southern states football is level with cricket on popularity.

It would be great to see India vs. Japan, but i dont think India can match japan at this moment in skill and experience. Watch out for india in the asian games, because there is real confidence in the team right now after winning the LG Cup and drawing Jamaica!

8. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    India's group in Asian games: Bangladesh, Turkmenistan, China.
    I can see india winning two of the matches, but they better not win against China.LOL

9. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Has anyone watched the movie "Bend it Like Beckham"? There are many British Indians that play the game in the UK, although not many professionally. If somehow the Indian FA can make use of this talent pool in the UK, India might be a force to be reckoned with.

10. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    Yes there are many indians in Britain playing good football but you have to feel sorry for them as they are 'british' and they would want to play for their country of birth. Harpal Singh is a star and will make the Leeds first team this year i think, so maybe if England dont get him India will.

There are many Indians playing in Germany, Sweden, and also Asian leagues (e.g. Malaysian-indians) so they can be approached. Look at what Jamaica did in 98', half their team was born in England

11. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Good on them. They have my full support!!!

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are one Indian capped by the French in the mid-90's. And then there is Harpal Singh.

13. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    yeah Vikash Dhorasoo is Indian from Mauritius i think so he has a french passport. He plays now for Bordeaux a good club. Michael Chopra is half indian and plays for Newcastle utd. There was one Indian playing for NZ im not sure his name, and there others who are capped by 'second tier' nations like Singapore, Fiji.

look at www.indianfootball.com the site has many info and the fan club is searching for players of indian origin in other nations, so work is being done!