Jamaica to Recruit Nine England-based Players

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DearGodNotBornstein, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol why not? He's not that good.. he isn't 20-23 anymore.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Why is it so hard for you to grasp the depth that England has at the winger position? Sterling will be like Sturridge.. get one call-up to tie him down, and not get looked at unless for sub material. Same for Hoilett. Ashley Johnson, Theo Walcott, Aaron Lennon, Oxlade Chamberlain.. add Zaha and Ince, Sterling isn't exactly a lock for England. Its totally plausible that he can jump on the start from day 1 Jamaican WC hype sales pitch.

Fanatical Monk repped this.
  3. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    We'll have to agree to disagree because I find this all highly unlikely. Like, borderline impossible for a young guy like Sterling. Its not like he is 21 or 22...the dude is 17. He has so many years ahead of him, Walcott is 6 years his elder...there's just no way he's going to blow his chances with England at this age, at the risk of Jamaica not qualifying in 2018 or 2022. I don't see it at all.

Hoilett has a greater chance but even then it is highly unlikely.

We'll see what happens.

4. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying he would be a lock starter, but they'd take a look at him and he'd almost certainly make the squad. They wouldn't just say thanks but no thanks if he decided he wanted to play for them. Half of their midfield in the last squad they called up play domestically in the Jamaican National Premier League. They could use the depth.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea, but with some of the players they're planning on approaching, JDG2 might not fit the bill, but I've never been fond of him to begin with,, from his attitude to his skill. Bias is speaking, but you're right, he could be some decent depth.

6. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    If I were Brendan Rogers, I'd tell Sterling about those ultra crappy Jamaican soccer fields and the injury potential. And the long flights to and fro.

But it'd be silly for the others to turn down this opportunity.

Of course, the Jamaicans can still use a better coach that Whitmore.

7. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I know for a fact he wont get a chance to play for Jamaica even if he wants to.. Fact!! all 9 players that JFF going to england to meet, realize their career in football is almost over, they will never play for england so the call jamaica and make their pitch. the difference with Hoilett and Guzman is this Hoilett dad state that he want his son to play for jamaica, hoilett said he consider it but whats best for him at the moment was his club and making the starting 11. Guzman said he want to wait to play for the dutch. Jamaica have 9 player to choose from include Scott Sinclair and Raheem makes 11 why would Guzman stand a chance??? they don't want him...

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Guzman is a central midfielder. Who does the same job for the current squad?

PS. I am surprised that Ricky Fuller has been on the outs.

9. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're making the assumption that Jamaica will get all the players they are trying to recruit and never have injuries/need depth. I'm not saying he will play for Jamaica; I doubt he will, but if he were to approach Jamaica and wanted to commit, they wouldn't just say no.

10. jahman

jahman Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Outside Reggae Land

Different approach - have Liverpool upgrade the pitch and then open an academy in Kingston - considering that we gave them their greatest players ever - John Barnes and the young prodigy. Also Andre Wisdom's parents are Jamaican... as I type this and sip my Red Stripe, its starting to make sense to me.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Rudolph Austin of Leeds, and Marvin Elliot of Bristol who are both a bit banged up right now.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Red Stripe.. awful.

13. jahman

jahman Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Outside Reggae Land
    Its an acquired taste that requires some sophistication;)

charlie15 and TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol.. I'm sure it does. Mi anuh have time to vomit.

15. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    OK you guys what info so here it goes all 9 players along with Raheem and scott already start looking about their Jamaican passport

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20121025/sports/sports6.html

Ricardo Gardner choose the reggae boyz to play Against his club team so I think after November when MLS is over, JFF will set up camp with Bolton Wanderers and start training with the 9 new english players. NOW lets Say Jamaica get Raheem Sterling with all the media attention around Sterling and i quote "caught in International war with ENG and JAM". it will generate lot a sponsor and will get JFF lots a HIGH Profile Friendlys for the Next coming Year, Danny Simpson just tweeted thishttps://twitter.com/dannysimpson/status/263586747554877440 and if Scott Sinclair join as well this would be a team that could be a major contender for the world cup.

16. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alot of IF's here, will believe it when I see it, but this whole idea seems a bit far-fetched...If I'm Sterling I'm not sure I wanna go from a team in England that is reasonably expected to go through or well past the round of 16 to Jamaica, a team that's poaching a bunch of mid-tier EPL lifers right before a hex and risking a good amount of discontent among the players who've been with the team well beforehand...the risk of a toxic environment alone would make me shudder to think how a 17 yr old starlet would cope in that environment...Even if Jamaica do get Sterling and 3,4 of those players, idk how the experiment will go for the above reasons...

17. jahman

jahman Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Outside Reggae Land

I w0uld never, ever quote the Star as a source to prove my point...just saying.

18. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    I believe that's how it went for many of their English-born players in the 1998 WC qualifying campaign; that they didn't fully commit until Jamaica reached the Hex.

In fact, I think there were even a few who waited until Jamaica qualified for the World Cup itself before coming on board, just so that they could play at the World Cup finals (without actually having to do any of the hard work that got them there).

19. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one hope they get all nine players, as it would force them to get rid of that sh*tty field and replace it with a field that the ball can be passed on.

Three words: mayor of Hannover

20. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That ether makes your soul burn slow [​IMG]

21. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    All 9 players ask to Represent Jamaica, Jamaica is not the one begging them, Jamaica have strong ties with England almost every black player in English soccer has jamaican roots. Jamaica will set up camp and start training. Don't worry about jamaica bad pitch, Reggea Boyz will win all their match in Jamaica, to jamaica current team they think USA is a walk over. Mexico and Panama is where the fear is. USA and Jamaica is currently on the same Level Lost almost all their away games, the only different between Jamaica and USA was that USA won A&B and Jamaica Draw with them on their away games..

22. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AHAHAHA You are well on your way to being a troll, don't even know where to begin with this whether it's the fact that you've yet to post any credible confirmation about the Lobsterbacks actually suiting up for you guys, or the notion that the U.S. are pushovers from the standpoint of mighty Jamaica [​IMG]

23. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take it your a Jamaica supporter.

If they get the players or not, we still have more then enough talent to get us through the hex. It's not like any of these 9 guys are world beaters. There are a couple talents in there but none of those guys have ever played international soccer before and it's an entirely different animal.

If I was Jamaica I'd be worried about these players never having played together. If they dig themselves into a hole early on, even with their improved talent it will be tough to get themselves out.

It would make things more interesting though if most of the guys came over but they still would be quite a bit behind Mexico and behind the US.

DearGodNotBornstein repped this.
  24. TheDread

TheDread Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Actually many of them have played international soccer...just not at the senior level except for McAnuff who has played international at the senior level.

As far as being far behind the US you are off base. All JA needs is 3 to 4 more quality players in the starting 11 and they will serious push the US. The question is how long will it take for the new players to adapt to a new style of play?

25. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Does anyone think this US team is good? They only had 2 points a head of Jamaica it should have been a clean sweep for them, look US team don't have the dept of players to choose from. unlike Jamaica, US already Use all the Germans they can get don't hate now that Jamaica getting the English, I don't think any one realize that 4 players from Reading FC will be playing in Defence or attacking Deffence along with Danny Simpson playing RB, talk about Chemistry these are guys has been playing professional football since age 17yr compare them to these MLS players is a joke. Jamaica wont loose their home games in the HEX they never did and their is no chance they will now..... They want to wins big in their away Games and the team they think is the easiest to beat home and away is USA... LOL US need better attack just as bad as jamaica. Jamaica can fix their problem without the nine english players, they have Ricardo fuller and King.