Jaime's 109 as Sierra Goal of the Week

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by JuanMa, Aug 28, 2007.

1. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    OK, so it wasnt pretty. It was a PK. However, given the milestone, Jaime's goal seems to be ahead (by only 2% points) for goal of the week. I voted for him based on the milestone and being a fan of Jaime. Thats all.

I am disappointed the NYRB own goal was not on the list. It is freaking hilarious. I would have voted for that one over Jaime's.

2. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean it is the Sierra MIST! goaloftheweek (yes, great marketing, since I hear it 5 times on Monday).

I'll admit, I voted for it, because I was underwhelmed by the other, except for Schellotto's dancing through the defense. Conor Casey's goal was great, but wasn't nominated.

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only place I could find a link to the goal of the week page was off United's main page, I didn't see it anywhere on the front mlsnet page.

Also on the United page is a link to an excellent Access United that has good highlights

I had a link copied that would go right to it, but even though clicking it worked, exiting out of it caused my Firefox to crash, so I left it out for your protection ;)

4. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    I couldn't figure out how to post a direct link, either. If you stay on the MLSnet homepage, the main article (with a big picture) cycles through about 5 different stories and one of is about the Goal of the Week nominees. Click on it when it comes on.

Or click on the little picture of Jaime below the main article.

I agree Conor Casey's goal with a sweet cutback move was better than the ones MLSnet nominated. This week's goalscoring shots are not all that spectacular but there are some great assists from Barros Schelotto, Cuauhtemoc Blanco and Eddie Johnson.

I voted for Jaime because of the significance.

5. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Conor's goal, I also thought the pass to him was excellent...