Jaime Ayovi en Mexico- news & results

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hell no

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, because ecuador historically has always excelled when players were young. LMAO.. Everyone know that a footballers peak is around 27 years old.. Should we start naming Ecuadorians footballers that matured way into the 27+ years range?? Might as well open up antoher thread..

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Everytime I see Etoo I see el Tin.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    but Suarez shows the weaknesses Benitez HAD when he was 21 or 22. Benitez is younger than Suarez but is way more mature. What are we gonna do? Wait for Suarez when he's 28 and the Qualifier's over? He's gotta demonstrate that quality of futbol he has in Mexico with the NT if he's ever given the chance. Or else we'll have a cloned version of the 22 year old Cristian Benitez running around the field missing open shots like a moron. Anyway, I don't completely object to Suarez being on called up to the next few friendlies along with Borja. I wanna see what these guys are about. And we'll see if Suarez is the "key player" you think we're missing

6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I haven't seen or should I say has anyone here seen any MAMAdas that suarez has done while in Mexico? I never said anything about calling him to the NT. I just pointed out that I saw something special about this players years ago. It happens in every league in the World. Promising players go by the wasteside either by motivation, Bad DT, or whatever. Given the right circumstances, Certain players can excel and it takes a good keen futbol eye :D to see that.. Look at Walter Ayovi and loads of other Ecua Footballers. If someone here would have said, Ayovi will be one the best players for Ecuador and in the mexican league five year ago, people would have looked at you worst than a peruvian in the Cenepa Valley!

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    5 yrs ago I was actually one of the few people that liked Walter Ayovi when everyone thought he was garbage. But the truth is he got better by the time he played in the 06 Qualifier and even then people doubted him at the beginning. I will never understand why he was hated on in the earlier years of his career.

And your right about Suarez maybe he has had bad coaches ( easiest example: el nacional ) b/c if any of them had an eye for a good player then Renato Ibarra wouldn't have been ignored all last season along with other valuable players that institution has that most people are clueless about. While the viejos malos keep playing

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was one them...to be quit honest i thought Ayovi was a mediocre player in his El Nacional days. Then he went to Mexico and he started playing better. Classic example of a late bloomer. The verbal abuse this man received from my family when we would watch the qualifiers was crazy. Now he is a rock on the NT.

As for Suarez, if hes playing well and scoring goals in Mexico then why not call him up. The guys only 25 so hes just entering his peak. The way I see it, there's nothing wrong with having a lot of forwards playing well, the more the merrier. A little competition does kill anyone.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    out of all the teams the ecuas went to Toluca is the worst. Horrible defense,
    they play with one forward, and their midfield doesn't support the forward at all. Poor Ayovi. I never see an assist or a cross for him. Toluca is garbage.

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    toluca regreso de una goleada fea.....
    y ayer 3-1

jaime ayudo al resultado final.

12. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: Jaime Ayovi en Mexico- news & results

Ayoví scored the first one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXCiwQ5g50"]YouTube - Toluca vs Santos 3-1 Jornada 10 Clausura 2011[/ame]

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ayovi was released by Toluca.

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Good. They suck. Emelec needs him.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Good. They suck. Emelec needs him.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Morelia is supposedly after him. They wanna pair him up with Joao Rojas again for next season.

17. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    first off, i didnt know ayovi had a thread here in bigsoccer. this is kind of cool.

and no. no he was not. he was just put on the tranferible list. Im disappointed that he made the list, but thats only because hes so young and we signed him for another 3 years. but honestly, he sucks.

and to the person who said that toluca sucks, let me just say, lol ecuador.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    More like Mexico, lol. B/c your noses are stuck in our market every time the transfer market opens. Your league is getting populated with our players more and more each season. Guess you should ask Puebla, Toluca, San Luis, Santos, America, Morelia and all those other club teams why they remain so interested.

There should be 3 more ecuas in mexico once your apertura season begins. And the biggest LOL goes here: Cristian Benitez la transferencia mas cara en la historia del futbol mexicano. Shows how much you mexicans value an ecuadorian ;)

And to the comment about how Toluca sucks...it does. It's ridiculous how one of the "big club teams" from Mexico plays with a lone striker and expects miracles. Jaime Ayovi is used to playing with people like Joao Rojas (from Morelia) who can feed him nice crosses. He's not used to playing all alone up front. When he played in emelec last year and scored 23 goals in his season it was because he was used to playing in 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 formations. Not that defensive crap style toluca plays.

19. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Pay no mind to the Mexican troll.

I for one welcome the best Ecuadorian talent available. As a fan of the FMF, it doesn't bother me that the league looks to bring in quality players from your country.

There is nothing wrong with bringing in foreigners. Imagine la liga without Ronaldo, Kun, and Messi.

Or the premier league without Drogba, Tevez, Chicharito, Cech and torres.

I feel the same about having Benitez, Suazo, and Chaco.

P.s. Toluca sucks.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    como asi?

por que? de quien era el pase? simplemente lo dejan ir o lo prestan a otro equipo via draf mejicano?

toluca tiene nuevo dt? que paso

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    toluca put him "la lista de transferibles" meaning he'll be put on the Draft. But I already heard Morelia wants him b/c they wanna pair him up with Joao Rojas again. I'd be a good look for them IMO. Way better than playing in that defensive ass team he played in this season.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That will be pretty cool if they team him up with Rojas, they paired up nice in Emelec. Ayovi did not have his best season, granted I agree that its hard for anybody to score goals without someone to consistently feed the ball into the box.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    nevermind, it's CONFIRMED. I just heard it on ESPN Deportes. They were picked up from the Draft.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador