J8 Liga BBVA | FC Barcelona v Real Zaragoza | 25 October 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Oct 19, 2009.

1. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: J8 Liga BBVA | FC Barcelona v Real Zaragoza | 25 October 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [

What a match. Keita has been fantastic this season. He deserved all three goals he scored. We typically don't score that many headers, so its nice to see someone other than Messi score them (Mr Ferdinand are you there?).
    I have to say that Ibra has put to rest all doubts, he is a scoring machine right now. Messi needed that goal there, so I'm happy he got it. Also it looks like Iniesta is back dribbling and driving at defenses, I'm probably even happier to see that.

On we go, alone at the top of the league as of now.

2. Vaffanculé!

Vaffanculé! New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Location Location
  3. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: J8 Liga BBVA | FC Barcelona v Real Zaragoza | 25 October 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [

Great game. Exactly what was needed to get back on the winning track. Hard to pick out any negatives to the game. Chygrynsky hasn't played in awhile, so you have to give him some leeway. Iniesta and Keita had a great understanding and seemed to be switching positions a lot. I wonder if you couldn't just start Keita in Henry's slot and Iniesta in midfield. Maxwell played solidly -- I haven't noticed any significant flaws in his game.

Also, as Robbie Mustoe mentioned on the ESPN broadcast -- the game was great to watch because the camera was zoomed out so you could see the whole Barca formation (especially when they were kicking it around the back line). I wish every game was shown that way.

4. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

I can never find fault with Piqué. ;) And I don't agree about Txigy. He just came back after a month off injured - I think he was being "careful", more than "slow". Thought he played well, kept his position, passed nicely.

5. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Keita = god! What a crushing victory.

6. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

isn't Chygrynskiy just came back from injury? He is been solid in pervious games so I'm not worried.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Match #14

Liga BBVA - Jornada 8
    Barcelona - Camp Nou (ATT: 75.653)

FC Barcelona 6-1 Real Zaragoza
    1-0 : Keita 24'
    2-0 : Ibrahimovic 29'
    3-0 : Keita 41'
    4-0 : Ibrahimovic 56'
    4-1 : Jorge López 78'
    5-1 : Messi 81'
    6-1 : Keita 86'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Valdés
    Puyol -- Piqué -- Chygrynskiy -- Maxwell
    Busquets
    Xavi -- Keita
    Messi -- Ibrahimovic -- Iniesta

72' Bojan for Ibrahimovic
    72' Márquez for Piqué
    82' Jeffren for Xavi

Referee: José Luis Paradas Romero (Málaga)
    BOOKINGS
    27' Gabi (foul on Iniesta)
    38' Abel Aguilar (foul on Messi)

8. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Amazing game. And a nice way to cap off a long weekend, watching Barca in HD on the DVR. Ain't technology something? :cool:

9. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

I'm super late on this, but I just want to add how impressive the team was. Not sure what Zaragoza's talent level is like, but the sure as hell did capitalize.

Keita was everywhere man. I'm sure their keeper woke up in cold sweats that night with 1,000 Seydou's coming at him from all angles in his nightmares.

10. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Aww thats gonna suck when keita and toure leave... Ibra was fanstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastic! HHAHAH messi was very good too, same as iniesta... same as xavi... fs why do i do this WHOLE TEAM WAS AMAZING EVEN MY MAIN MAN VALDESSSSSS!

11. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Are you drunk . . . on Barca? :p