I've HAD IT with DC fan violence

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by lfcli30, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well, I was about to post that link.

Now what?

2. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    We all waste more time talking about different crap that we have nothing to do with?

3. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Me too, damn you net geeks!!! lol j/k.

4. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United

exactly!

5. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    I'd imagine if the ESC wanted to get the individual's name from DCU/RFK, then they could pursue legal action on assault charges.

6. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect no response from the North Jersey Red Bulls fans...they like to stir the shit pot and then walk away like they did nothing wrong...even the violence video from the beginning of the year ended up being 5 minutes of "F DC" and 30 seconds of them bleeding with no real fight footage (though, for the record, I know that there was a incident, and I don't think it belongs in soccer in this country, especially with that type of pre-meditation) Remember, they never do anything wrong

7. Twellman20

Twellman20 New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    NJ
    DC United fans are a bunch of degenarates that have become a bunch of hooligans. Great job guys keep it up this is what we need in MLS more pasionate fans that actually care for their team and not in stadium for other reasons. DC United fans are not welcoming their bitter rivals and I have no problem with it...Red Bulls fans stay out of the pit of fire that is RFK stadium. DC United fans best in MLS keep it up....:p

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    well he was drunk, not there, pieced stuff together incorrectly through phone convo with several people, thought it would be funny thing to go post about it *because* I said not to (which as a drunk bastard myself I know usually sounds like a good idea when you're drunk) and apologized to us next morning :p For what it's worth rest of Fire guys in that thread were nowhere near either so its blind arguing with the blind :D

9. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    WOW...
    welcome to the thread. Your timing is terrible!
    I think it is time to close this and move on.

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Way to group the masses with the act of one or two guys. Based on what you posted I'm guessing you're a fact checker for Al Jezera. :rolleyes:

11. RSwenson

RSwenson Member

Feb 1, 2000
    The actions of the few are a bad reflection on the many whether you members of BB, SE and LN want to believe it or not... Security (especially when they are not directly hired and responsive to the club) is not going to have the best interests of soccer in mind...

Failure to control fan behavior is a black mark on your club, your supporteres and on the sport... I would be personally embarrassed to have these actions take place in New England (and, yes, I realize that, lately, "passion" and New England" should not be discussed in the same paragraph)... While being embarrassed doesn't necessarily equate to solving the problem it might at least be some motivation to action since your supporters groups outnumber both security and the micreants by many orders of magnitude...

These actions can not and should not be condoned (and, incidentally, the minimalization of these actions on the boards certainly gives the appearance that the supporters groups are condoning them)...

rand

12. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go read this thread

13. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Where have you read/heard that the Barra, SE's or LN have condoned violence? I haven't seen anyone give their stamp of approval. The SE's revoked membership to the guy involved in the NJ bustup. Stephen Zack and our front office banned the firecracker dude. That in no way sounds like a stamp of approval.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just wondering why that dude got "lucky" and wasn't arrested?

15. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the DC front office and all the supporters groups were in on the conspiracy to toss the M80 at the Red Steer fans. If the cops had arrested him he would've revealed that. He also was clued in on who killed Kennedy.

16. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

They won't be happy until BB, LN, and SE track the guy down and get out tar and feathers....
    [​IMG]

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. For. That.

Anyone care to answer the question without trying new material for "Amateur Night" at the Improv?

18. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Damn, you got us. Zack made the guy put on a Barra shirt, an SE hat and hid him in LN's drum and snuck him out of RFK's back door. :rolleyes:

Did I win?

19. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you could send a PM to Zach.

20. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too much work.

I was going on the perhaps foolish notion that one of you would have the answer.

21. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Yes. Because DC United, as far as I know, has no right to arrest anybody. Police do that kind of stuff.

22. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    It's too easy bitch on the boards instead of asking the man that could answer the question. :rolleyes:

23. Twellman20

Twellman20 New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    NJ
    Your wrong DC United has the power to do anything they want...they're the all mighty and powerful we shall bow now...

24. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless one of the DC United fans posting in this thread was directly involved in this incident how could you possibly expect them to know why the guy wasn't arrested?

I'd be willing to guess that there are less than 10 people who know.

The guy who threw the M80. Stephen Zach. And the CSC personnel and/or DC cops who might've witnessed what happened. Given that group of options, I'd say that Zach is your best option for asking why this arrest did not occur.

25. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Finally someone who got it!!! Now, get in the kitchen and bake me some pie!