I've Dreamt about this moment - The Benzema Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Its an editorial, he is basically suggesting that theres too much protection around Benzema just like in his day it was with anelka. The editor suggest he listen well to Cristiano and learns some of the values that Higuain learned from Raul.

3. LuisFabiano

LuisFabiano New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The lad will come good. Personally I don't feel 5 goals and 3 assists is a bad return where he started only 10. Sure it's not what £30m should have gotten you, but he'll get there.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The 'values' he needs to learn is 'onside', 'on target' and 'please, not straight at the keeper'.

5. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You are a wise man.

6. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    +1

Maybe make a cloning vat and stick Benzema and Higuain and Raul together to make one lethal monster of a player - Riguaizema!

7. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL, this reminds of that adidas advert:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1LRXs1vCI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- La paja de Benzema[/ame]

8. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
  9. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anelka: I knew Benzema would struggle

10. kosovanwhizkid

kosovanwhizkid New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    london
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seems to me that Karim has a very strong personality, he was actually getting right on form when he got injured imo.

11. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No doubt. Benz was starting to look very good on the pitch. We should have started him off with this treatment. Coming off the bench at the beginning so there isn't as much pressure and the game has calmed down.

Benz is going to be an elite striker in football. I think he has the talent to be one of the best. I just hope he stays at Real in order to achieve that goal.

12. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i hope he'll be given a chance instead of being offloaded after one season.

13. cr9kaka8

cr9kaka8 New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He wont be offloaded. 100% guaranteed

14. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I really hope Benzema isn't going anywhere. As sad as I was to see him leave, he's always wanted to go to Madrid and was 100% sincere when he said that only Madrid's offer tempted him.

He's a very forceful player and isn't afraid of competition, and his talent and quality are there just waiting to explode. Don't lose patience with him - I've watched him for four years - he's definitely worth waiting for. :)

15. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I think most of us are prepared to be patient with him and hope the club feel the same.
    The good thing about being a striker is that it is far easier to get the crowd back on your side quickly than in any other position.
    The winner against Barca would be a good way for instance.;)

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is what most of his detractors don't get and one of the reasons I've been extra high on this guy for a long time now.

I highly doubt we'll sale him this year, but next? Who knows? He needs to find his feet fast, that's for sure. With our revolving door player+manager policy, the main ones who get that benefit of a doubt are our Spanish players.

It's beyond me that both Marca and AS have reported we're trying to sell Lass.

I'd say some, not most... at least on this forum. Outside the forum in the Spanish forums I read regularly they seem pretty behind him for the most part.

It's just here people by into the Higuain v Benzema instead of buying into the "Higuain is a heck of a player in great form at the moment and Benzema is a great talent who once he adapts will be a heck of a player".

That get some of the heat off his back, definitely. Hell if he scored the winner against Lyon to put us through to the quarters, he'd be a "saint" like Iker in somes minds for a day.

17. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    As long as Florentino is here, Benzema is not going anywhere.

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Lass leaving?

Bull.

19. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have total faith in him to get used to the game and do what i know he can do...remember higuian wasnt so hot when he started but haha 3 years later here we are..haha lets hope benzema doesnt take that long

20. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, you are definitely right. Chemistry and understanding what your teammates are going to do are very important in ANY team sport. In American football you draw up plays and practice them incessantly, even on defense you have reads and everyone knows what must happen depending on what the offensive player does. In this game, it is more reads and being on the same page as your teammates. Time is necessary for that regardless of skill. We can't throw away great talent because after 2 games they haven't figured each other out. That will never work.

Benz, in my opinion, is one of the most talented young strikers in the world. He has the potential to be something. Time is a necessary component for that.

21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I'm just curious on what others think.

Do you think the above applies to coaches as well?

22. kosovanwhizkid

kosovanwhizkid New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    london
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No way that Perez will sell Benz. He personally went to Karims home during the summer (Perez speaks French too :cool:) when he was negotiating with Lyon, to convince him that Madrid was the place for him. Thats how much he wanted him at Madrid.

Anyway, before Benz got injured, I thought he was just starting to find his feet in La Liga and was playing well. Him and Pipita up front in the future will be amazing, the fact that they're both Madridistas at heart is a welcomed bonus.

23. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but Benzema was only Perez's 2nd choice after Villa.

24. madridismo1902

madridismo1902 New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ^ Villa was definitely first choice...but i think Perez always had karim in mind....he would have signed him after the world cup anyway....the combination of the tough negotiations wid valencia and the fact that Man united bid for benzema forced perez into getting benzema right away....atleast thats what i think...
    I am confident that benzema will be a RM player next season.We have two of the finest young striker`s...would perez be foolish to offload one of them?...(going by past experience its not ruled out....although i hope valdano brings some sanity on the table)