I've Dreamt about this moment - The Benzema Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Could somebody translate this please:

"Sí, se puede decir que estoy decepcionado por haber sido suplente. Pero es algo que forma parte del oficio. Las cosas son así, estoy en un gran club y aprendiendo."

"No voy a comerme la cabeza con este tema. Trabajo para convencer al entrenador y ganarme su confianza. Al menos juego y la motivación está siempre allí, bien presente. Ahora mismo soy suplente, pero voy a darlo todo para hacerme con un sitio."

Finalmente, resta importancia al hecho de que en una contra de Higuaín el argentino prefiriera cederle al balón a Cristiano Ronaldo. "No me pasó la pelota, pero no es algo grave, la próxima vez será", destacó

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    ^ Is this the entire interview or just a part you wanted specifically translated?

3. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I just want to hear it from someone who knows spanish if this statement was misinterpreted.
    I wouldn't be surprised is Sport is trying to create problems where they don't exists :rolleyes:.

4. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Come back with a version of the interview from a more reliable source and maybe someone will help you.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol, who else finds it hilarious he went to Sport to get that? Was Marca or AS broken? :D

6. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Lol, who else finds it hilarious YS is till trying to become a respectable writer on this board

7. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Writers eh? I like the sound of that :cool:.

8. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    It sounds cool I know :cool:

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We're all writers? Horsey pay me!

Anyways, coming from this guy....

The great demogorgon youtube summer challenge

....:D

10. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Did I ever try to be respected here :D?

But yo crying about how nobody likes you and your fight with maca ( I think it was him) is epic.
    Almost as much as you bashing players and then add ''I don't hate them'' line to every second post:D.

11. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I think we should try to get back on topic here. Thank you.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You always ruin mah fun.

13. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Anelka number 2 needs STFU and start earning his spot.

14. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Reasonable reaction there.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You're feeding into the rubbish demogrogros was trying to start up.

First, what did the guy say wrong? Decent answer to the question, taking responsibility and dedicating himself to working harder.

Nothing wrong with that. Hardly a Cristiano bitchfit.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    "He didn't pass the ball to me, it's nothing major, next time it will be"

I'm not sure if it's his bad Spanish and that he meant to say next I'll be the one who gets passed to, but now it reads as if next time it WILL be a problem if it happens again.

17. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Ah, yes that makes much more sense, particularly in a professional interview.

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    The interview originally appeared in L'Equipe and it looks like he said something more along the lines of, "he didn't pass me the ball but that's okay there will be a next time."

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/20100111_083244_benzema-je-suis-un-remplacant.html

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He has a point. Sometimes it's like Higuain doesn't want to pass to him in front of the goal, lol.

Can't be down about it, there is always next time. Anyways, he needs to focus on being onside, FFS.

20. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    I tell ya, media websites lately have been masters of taking a statement out of context and making it appear something entirely different than what was meant.

21. Yellow Submarine

Yellow Submarine New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Lots of talk about him on the injury thread..

People saying his price tag was high, I do agree with that, but his still young and has tons of potential. If he ever reaches his potential, I believe he might be one of the best center forwards of his generation. He is indeed very similar to Higuain but I believe he can create for others. We saw Higuain assist Granero the other day but often he goes for goals and I don't blame him his a striker after all. Benzema can create chances for others as he should vs Valencia, MOTM and his best game in the Madrid shirt.

But his current performances are a bad, but him starting the next game should help.

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I know what you wrote but I still maintain that you can't make a true comparison (as you did in your OP I replied too) based on an assumption, no matter how fair that assumption might be ;)

Nothing of these "problems" since the news originally broke though. The first crash said he was driving home after a game. Do you have a source that disputes that story? The second crash happened while he was on vacation, if he can't party on vacation when can he?

This is what you wrote:

As for his life style, you can not possibly have missed all the things about him the press. How he crashed multiable cars, did not even bother learning the language, still lived in hotel and partied all the time.

You wrote this in response to my questioning why you thought his lifestyle was questionable. Why did you mention the living in the hotel then? :confused:

23. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid Fans Prefer Karim Benzema To Raul

24. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    That is fair enough but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see when the season ends.

And had it been an isolated case then there would not have been anything about it but it does raise a few eyebrows when he is reported to party a bit too much even when he is not on vacation.

I mentioned it to emphasize the point. That he after 6 months was still living in a hotel, while constantly hitting the Madrid night-life.

Anyway, The things about Benzema that really bothers is that, he is a bit too much like his idol fat Ronaldo. Neither put noticeable effort on the pitch, they are a bit lazy, moan to the press and love to party. That is one of the reason I never liked Ronaldo Lima at Real Madrid. Granted that he was a terrific player but he sure was a bad professional.

Higuain on the other-hand is the complete opposite. He works really hard, always says the right things, is rarely if ever featured in the gossip section and is an outstanding professional. As Madrid_1902 said, there was a time he could not score even if his life depended on it but the fans still loved and supported him, that was because he showed that he really was putting an effort even though he was not succeeding at converting his chances.

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    If Benzema can score between 15 and 20 goals this season i think it would have been a good first season in a new country and a new league.

Comparisons with Le Sulk and El Gordo are a bit unfair in my opinion but i'm not privy to Karim's daily routine so i can't make a judgment on his "lifestyle".

On the pitch he has looked like a young player in his first year with a different team in a different country. He is still finding his feet. Valdano and Lord Perez even said that benzema is a long term project so i'm willing to give the guy time. Remember how Pipita fared when he came here.