I've Dreamt about this moment - The Benzema Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    So then you've just bought into the Benzema and his higher ceiling hype because what you're saying about higuain reeks of a little hateration early in the morning.

2. Vilmar

Vilmar Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    English isnt my native language, not even 2nd so im having a little trouble understanding your last post.
    Just to be sure, id like to ask you if i got it right.
    "I am a hater and i think benzema is a better player(higher celling?)"?

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Nevermind then and for the record no I wasn't not saying either of those things per se.

4. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    [​IMG]

What utter nonsense. You might actually have had a legitimite point had you been talking about the Champions League, and not La Liga, but as it stands Higuain has nothing to prove considering that he scored 20+ goals in 2 consequtive seasons, and against all the big teams in the league during his time in La Liga.

5. Vilmar

Vilmar Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So when i say the rest, you automatically exclude teams from other championships who we play against in CL? On what basis?

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is one of the biggest problems in the whole Benzema situation. He gets two assists in a game against Hercules :rolleyes:, and everyone from Critstiano to Mourinho to Perez is gushing and groveling. I would imagine Benzema is laughing about all this in private, "you mean all I gotta do is show up with a couple of flicks and feints once a month."

Really if he needs his mommy or new friends or whatever he is 22 years old now and it's time he grows up, lots of people his age have got it worse. He show up and did what was expected of him nothing more. Seems like a big to do about nothing. Benzema's gotta be thinking "Marcelo did all the hardwork to set me up on the first and I hit it right at the keeper. On the second one I got too far away from goal and close to the end line and lucked out when Ronnie came running through to bail me out again..."

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Wow. Just wow.

8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    im laughing at my employers because all i have to do is show up at work and fix a computer once a month...they have kept me on for 5 years now :rolleyes:

9. ponnoxx

ponnoxx New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    There is nothing wrong with being happy for Benzema's contribution. I think it would be good for his confidence and then probably we will see him try to attain a high level of play more consistently. It was also good for Real Madrid as a team and organization because it brought the usually distant Benzema together with the rest of the bunch! Its like the new kid getting to join in the fun because he does something cool at the play ground or he proves he can play too. :D
    I hope he does see that people inside the club wants him to do well, and IF HE WORKS HARDER, then maybe be he just might do well. Its a work in progress, but lets just hope he will eventually join the goalscoring and man of the match accolades on a consistent basis.

The thing I don't like is when people want him gone in 1 season ignoring the fact that if he can return to his 'Lyon days'(and he can because he is relatively young) in terms of goals and play, then Madrid will have one of the best forwards in the European game.:p

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People are trying to lend him a hand, that's a great gesture. In fact, he was smiling after the game, it's good for the whole team if he's happy.

I know that people assume that some players might be thinking that he get's extra attention, but it would be ideal if every palyer gets so much attention during bad times.

11. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    I do not think you could have misinterpreted their intentions anymore than you have. No one, and I mean no one is gushing over Benzema. The guy has been crucified in the press for his sub-par performances and is clearly suffering from a lack of confidence. What Perez, Mourinho, Ronaldo and so on are doing is praising him for his first good performance of the season in order to help build up his confidence.

It is as if you read it like we do " What is 2 + 2" but somehow come to the conclusion that the answer must be "16".

Then perhaps you should have been more specific. You said "Maybe some low tiered Spanish teams"... Well what about the hight tiered Spanish teams then? Do they not count?

12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not to make this (again) a Benzema vs Higuain thing but i don't remember that much people from Real Madrid being THAT happy and supportive for Higuain.

I have this feeling that sooner or later it's gonna come down to choosing between one of them.

13. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    It was under a different administration, and to be honest Higuain was a unknown when we bought him. He had only played 15 senior matches for the only other club he has played. It is a bit different with Benzema. He is a big money transfer and has been in the media for his bad performances so it is natural that everyone praise him for his ONLY good performances of the season.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know but you get my point i hope ;).

15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well maybe they shouldn't wait till he breaks open a game with a couple of neat plays before they are able give him any praise. Benzema scores a goal against Espanyol and suddenly Mournihon comes out and says he's turned everything around and deserves to get a start. Now this. It must suck for Benzema to know that he only has friends at the club when everyone can agree he played well, the rest of the time they are quiet and no where to be found.

16. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Well that is not true at all is it? Mourinho has been in Benzema's corner from the start. He even spoke to Blanc about him and has been pushing him all this time.

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the feeling they are both going to grow tired of living in Ronaldo's shadow and at least one will leave with WPOTY ambitions.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States