I've Dreamt about this moment - The Benzema Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    continue.

Because dreams are what makes it more special.

2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    But ManUnited fans say that he only chose us over the Reds because we outbid them :rolleyes::p:D

3. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With Higuain apparently on the bench , this is the game to show Real Madrid fans what he's really made of. He's been way off form lately, I hope he has a good game today.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why should he be put under such pressure? Our captain can go 5, 6 or 7 without a goal, score a goal or two and get a pass. So why shouldn't he be afforded the same time/patience due to his age and inexperience?

Higuain as well.

Also in no part am I saying he has been in form with Madrid lately. Besides our last game hardly any of them (Higuain gets a pass) have been.

5. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because they are loved by the majority of fans, they've scored crucial goals. Benzema has cost 35 Million and not done much to impress anyone.

If you've followed Real Madrid long enough, patience isn't the staff's strongest trait.

He's not the only one, we expected a lot more from Kaka too, this is also the perfect opportunity for him to impress the fans.

6. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    only because benzema isnt spanish or a castilla product. If he was, the same people would give him the same treatment.

^ Not trying to pick on raul or be a raul hater but the expectation of some people :eek:.

We have bought benzema & higuain because they show promise and great potential, i still see him as a young player with great potential instead of a galactico like some of the people in this board are making out.

7. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anybody with half a brain would think the same. I'm not disagreeing with you, but if he doesn't play well today ( and Raul doesn't play well either) then he's the one that will probably be given the axe to the bench . I want to see him do well today so as he continues adapting and improving.

8. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I think part of the problem with Benzema are the rumors of his poor attitude and work ethic. I'm not sure how true these rumors are but he certainly hasn't helped dispel them with some of his comments regarding his efforts with Lyon and the French NT (who's advising this kid anyway :eek:) or his body language on the pitch at times. Even when their form is poor no one ever questions Raul and Higuain's attitude, work ethic, or commitment. Right or wrong that's why they get a pass" (sometimes ;)). I don't doubt Benzema's enormous talent or potential it seems he is the type of player ready-made for Madrid and maybe today he turns it all around....

9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What about a promising young galactico?

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    About the media (AS specifically) recent witch-hunt on Benzema, I have my doubts about it's reliability. For one, as well all can see by now Perez/Madrid is using Marca as our "source" and secondly AS did the same crap to Higuain and it was baseless.

When they see a player struggle they make up stories to antagonize and sell papers. Only one player is mostly above all of this.

FFS, he's been here a total of 5 months. While his passive attitude pisses me off, I have enough sense to give a 21 year old who just made the move more time before I brand him.

If I've followed Real Madrid long enough? Lol, okay.

Surprised you can tell considering you follow Raul more than Madrid. Where were your cries of impatience when Raul was on his drought?

That's right, invisible.

Yet, when Benzema or Higuain drop the ball, guess who's the first to take them out back and paddle them?

I will stand by what I said and we shouldn't add more pressure to an already over pressurized situation. I learned my lesson from the Pipita bashing.

I agree completely here and feel a lot overrate his performances due to their liking of the guy. Now if you were as objective with all our players as you have been with those two...

Exactly.

It's one thing to be in Madrid for 3 years and be going backwards like some experienced and youngsters and it's one thing to be here a total of 5 months and them have some lunatics screaming for your head.

He is 21 for FFS, coming from another league. I mean who knew players may need to adapt to a new league and system, right?

Kaka hasn't struggled to adapt, right?

11. El Madridista

El Madridista Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Brazil
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    When he's gonna play? :rolleyes:

12. stratocaster

stratocaster Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In retrospective he should have stayed another year in Lyon (not that he is bad, but right now pressure is too high and he hasn't settled) Maybe we should have tried our luck with Negredo and Huntelaar, no that we wouldn't suck the same but at least we would have already adapted strikers and gave Higuain minutes and a vote of confidence.

Well that's me being reasonable, now I will say it as a fan: We had a proven young striker was it really necessary to split his minutes with another young striker? we are like the "perro de las dos tortas"

13. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    it looks like he's still dreaming..... time to wake up karim!!!!

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Dreaming of his exit, lol.

Seriously though, only time he looks happy is when he plays with Cristiano or Ruud.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is one of the funniest comments i have read in Bigsocccer!

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I agree. He complained that he wasn't happy playing with Raul and how they don't click. He was told to feck off and he has looked lazy and uninterested ever since.

I was talking about this in the other thread. Up top we are not utilizing the best attributes of our strikers. Higuain fits better with Raul. Ruud fits better with Benzema. I don't know what the solution is but Benzema has to grow up a little as well. You're not always going to find players who compliment your game perfectly. Find a way to deal with it and still put in a good effort.

17. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Dude what? How many times have they played together.....Shit, how many minutes has RVN played since he came back from this his injury.... Seriously, cmon.

I do agree Benzema needs to stop bitchin and start performing.

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I never said that Benzema doesn't need to start performing. The time that Benz and Ruud were on the pitch together was the time Benz looked really comfortable. Go back and read that match thread. It was clear as day that Benzema had more freedom when Ruud was playing.

19. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    So what do we do with him until Ruud and Cristiano get back?

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Like is said a few posts ago,

Nowhere have i said that Benzema is not to blame for his performances. All i have said is that he fits better with Ruud. We should kick him in the backside and tell him to get on with it.

21. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    That's the point my love, he's not dealing with it though. He's gotten enough starts to "deal with it" too. I think it might be time for Benzema to take a seat on the bench.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Giving him prolonged bench time could have a negative affect as well you know. Maybe there is more than one way to deal with this. Perhaps the tactics needs to be revisited, not just because of Benzema but because of the entire top 4. I don't know which one is the right solution though, if i did i would be a football manager. :D

23. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    If was as ready for this move to Real Madrid as he said then bench time should not have too much a negative effect on him. He knew the dangers of making this switch in a WC year and if nothing else it might give him an opportunity to eat some humble pie. Young Karim could use a hearty slice about now if you ask me ;) And how prolonged could his bench time be....

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This i agree with. He has been cocky all his career and this might be a good time to learn some humility. The method to teach him that is not without its drawbacks though. Lets see.

...and also, would big daddy perez allow his young stud to sit on the bench for 2-3 games?

25. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    All I know is dude's got me pining for Roger right now :eek:

Please do not ever call him Big Daddy Perez again.....ever :p