ive a queston whtas a niche sport?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by bleu_is_da_color, Sep 2, 2007.

1. SxSxWxC

SxSxWxC Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Wyandotte Crossing
    http://www.bafl.org.uk/

[​IMG]

:)

2. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    its weird that soccer is so looked down on here b/c i bet more people in this country have played organized soccer than any other sport except baseball......

3. drahnier

drahnier Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Sweden
    It's the same way here, american football is a lot bigger than rugby here though (as rugby barely exists).

In fact, i was disappointed to recently find bleached-out american football lines on my local soccer teams home pitch during the games.

Of course this is a hockey town and the local soccer teams kinda suck, but still, american football lines?

4. Mark_RFC

Mark_RFC New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Reading, England
    I knew there was an organisation, but it gets 0 national media coverage. I'd only heard of it because a mate's brother tried out for the local team in Reading. Looked them up on wikipedia and they are called the "Reading Renegades". Sounds pretty brutal the training, because he had to take muscle gain powder and pills to build his physique up to play, that just seems wrong to me.
    edit: Checked their roster and it looks like he made their team, #83 Rory Buckley

But there are those that are dedicated to it, and there will always be a need for NFL games being shown on Sky etc.

I tried watching the Superbowl this year, and someone scored a touchdown in the first few seconds and I thought "Woah! If this sport is like this all the time I could get into it", but then nothing at all happened for an hour so I switched off

Its all about the way you are raised as a kid, which sports you are exposed to at an early age most likely determine what you will watch for the rest of your life. In America, as long as Soccer is on TV and readily available, the next generations will continue to build the fanbase.

5. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is the standard of play in the BAFL? Could any of those teams beat the Lions?

6. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically speaking, the "FC" in FC Dallas is actually an abbreviation of Futbol Club.

Learn something new every day, eh?

7. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite how bad the Lions are, they would still beat any non NFL team easily. That includes USC BTW.