Ivan "Killer" Klasnic

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by LebenslangGruenWeiss, Sep 27, 2007.

1. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    I think the guy deserves an own thread. Just like Alonso Mourning and Jonah Lomu he's about to have a comeback after a kidney transplant. He had his first team training today.

2. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course he deserves it, given his contributions to Werder before
    Sadly I am still not optimistic that he will ever be playing a 90 minute match... I think he will mostly come off as a sub

3. cro werder

cro werder Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Dubrovnik Croatia
    anybody know is Klasnic playing today for Werder II

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    No, he doesn´t.

5. ThreeStars

ThreeStars Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was stunned when I read that Ivan is back in team training. I had a kidney transplant myself, two months before Klasnics first transplantation failed. In the very same hospital in Bremen that ********ed up Ivan´s first attempt at a transplatation. There is currently a kind of a scandal going on around that hospital, after they had seven patients coming down with serious infections in the course of 4 weeks. They only have 10 beds in intensive care for transplantations in that hospital, so basically everyone got seriously ill lastr month. Three patients are dead. I probably know some of them, as there are not so many places in Bremen for dialysis. Anyway, Ivan at least survived the place and so did I.

I never thought he could make it back on the football field. A transplatent kidney does not sit in the place where the body´s own kidneys are, but in the front above the hipbone. It is a place that can easily injured in a tackle. Ivan apparently plays with a fiberglass protection shield on the left side of his belly. It´s dangerous as hell to expose a transplanted organ to that kind of stress, but I respect him for being so daring. He was never on dialysis, though, so he may not know what is coming to him.

The kidneys play an important role in producing the hormon epoetin, the doping drug known as EPO, which stimulates the production of red blood cells (Haematocrits) . If your kidney fails, the red blood cells die out on you. You get a short breath and your physical fitness suffers tremendously.

The average value of Haemoglobin, which determines the amount of red blood cells in the blood, is 15-18 for a healthy person. Doped Tour de France cyclist pump their values up to 18-20, which is extremely dangerous. A transplanted kidney usually does not function quite as well as a healthy one. Mine brings me up to a value between 10 and 11, sometimes 12. Ivan must be extremely lucky, if he actually reaches a value that allows him to even think about professional sports. If his HB value lies lower than 15, which is very probable, he will most likely not be able to play a whole half-time.

I would love to see Ivan back on the field and scoring. I doubted very much that he would even get back into training with the team. It would be an encouragement to a lot of people, if he actually made it back to his former form.

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Klasnic scored twice at a test match. :)

[​IMG]

Ok, the other team plays in 9th German league, but good to see,
    that he didn´t loose hi goal scoring skills. :)
    Klasnic and Carlos Alberto both got 45 minutes playing time.
    At the 9-0 win the goals were made by Klasnic (19./24),
    Martin Harnik (28./31./40.), John Jairo Mosquera (12./37.),
    Julian Grundt (56.) and Marc Heider (80.).

7. Miran Klosnic

Miran Klosnic New Member

Feb 1, 2006
    So glad to see Ivan finally play again a real match! And such nice goals! I'm so happy with him! :)

8. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
  9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Klasnic gave today his debut at a 2-0 away win in Cottbus.

Diego and Mosquera with the goals.

10. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Congratulations to Klasnic, after all he's been through, on making it back into the side :)

11. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Chuffed for the lad, hope he does well, looked pretty okay in 64 minutes.

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm so happy for the guy! :)

13. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    glad to see klasnic is playing again..i watched today's game and he came on late in the game but wasnt much of a factor..im just glad to see he is playing again..hopefully he makes the squad for croatia in euros..

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't believe you have no "Nord-Derby" thread! :eek::rolleyes:

Congrats on the important win against HSV. How did Klasnic play?

15. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Klasnic was chosen to be "Mann des Jahres" by Kicker. Never before has it been so fully deserved. Congrats!

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    letting him get away would be a bad idea.

18. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    I think Werder is doing everything within their power to keep him in Bremen. Allofs once said he can't imagine Werder Bremen without Ivan Klasnic. He's part of the clubs identity. On the other hand that's also what makes him expensive.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klasnic & his wife at "Beckmann".

CLICK

I wonder that Werder didn't fire him after all those accusations. :)

I'd be very surprised to see him stay in Bremen, though.

20. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    After watching the press conference on Tuesday I wouldn't be that suprised.

By the way most accusations came from Patrizia not from Ivan. I think she just feels neglected because her husband is always in the spotlight.

21. ThreeStars

ThreeStars Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, Patricia was just angry and dared say more than Ivan did, because she was less scared of the establishment.

As some regular readers of thios forum may know, I am both a Werder Fan and have been through the same shit as Ivan. Four weeks before he had his first kidney transplantation, I had mine. I know what is to know about the medical side of this thing.

The scandal in this thing is that Werder still stands behind the team´s medical department. Ivan´s disease has been apparent for years. Every physician knows high Creatinine scores mean that a patient is seriously, probably chronically ill with a kidney disease. They also know, that the disease means, that there is a very slow process, which will not effect the everyday life of the patient, possibly for decades. But the s**t can hit the fan anytime. They can try to slow down the process (which is hardly possible) or they can do nothing. They can also prescribe kidney-killing medication and steal many years of normal life from the patient. This is what Dr. Dimanski did.

The only reason I can see for the Werder management to not fire Dimanski and his criminal associates is that Werder management itself is involved in this procedure. Dimanski must have known of Klanic´s renal deficiency. He must have reported about this. He may have also reported that Klasnic may live with a renal deficiency for many years and not have any trouble doing his job for Werder. Somebody must have told Dimanski to treat Klasnic like any other Player and not regard this problem.

Werder possibly stole 5-10 years of Klasnic´s life and Allofs doesn´t react.

No wonder Patricia is pissed. No wonder Ivan bites his tongue. I hope he gets his right and that the irresponsible killers in the Werder management and medical department get their due. It´s the company against a man, and I´m with the man this time, as much as I love the Club.

22. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    its a shame that klasnic is leaving the club..he was a very good goal scorer for bremen and a popular player..he was never a favorite player of mine as he always dissapointed for croatia but for bremen he was quite good..

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Hey guys. There are a couple of French teams who are interested in signing him. He visited FC Nantes yesterday. Why is he not staying in Germany ? Any interest from other German teams ?

24. RafaelTobias

RafaelTobias New Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Valencia (Spain)
    Klasnic is one of the best 9 "Killer" that can be found for me one of the best in europe with David Villa and Drogba.