Ivan Kaviedes news & comments

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Wile Coyote, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Louisville Palace

Louisville Palace New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    USA
    Re: Jaime Ivan Kaviedes Rumors and News

I thought Kaviedes played pretty well, in the first half. Either his fitness went or his quick-to-get-frustrated side came through. As his complaining became more frequent in the 2nd half, Suarez yanked him.

Still,he had some nice plays in the first half.

2. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Yeah I've noticed that too.

3. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

The talent is still there .he just has to be more responsible and proffesional.

4. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Well C Tenorio is the same way. He is fantasitc of the first half but on the second he starts to tire quickly. The only |Thing about Kaviedes is that he starts to shout too many orders instead of adapting. Who knows. All I konw that he did very well in the first half. Maybe Borja should be a sub for Kaviedes. C tenorio definatly has to play with Kaviedes or Tin. CT and Tin can prove to be lethal.

5. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

hey, Kavieded made some brilliant passes and that's somethin we need! Cmon Suarez, we need Tin and Nine up front leadin the attack once more!

6. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

with all due respect, and i dont mean to offend well in way i MIGHT... but dude CALM YOURSELF, ur name says it all, sometimes ur opinions are ridiculously biased and u become Kaviedes biggest cheerleader which DOESNT look good. We all love our tricolor here, but sometimes its good to be honest/realistic for the good of the team. Even though what we think probably matters two shits, but still. Lets hope Kaviedes performs well but please quitting talking as if Kaviedes played like Maradona against Colombia. Like someone here previously said, its sad how we have come to expect so little of Kaviedes that we make such a big deal out of the little things that an average player would do!

7. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Well shit bro,after the BS calls the 2nd lines man was making any baller would be upset.Those MLS refs do not know how to call a futbol game period.The tiring is the lack of minutes.The PF from la sellecion should give him a special excercise routine to build up his stanima.

8. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC

Did you guys hear that Kaviedes and E. Tenorio got into a fight during the concentration? I hope Kaviedes got his a$$ kicked! he needs to stop being so spoiled!

9. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

he is calm and he did not say that kaviedes played like maradona, you argie loving ecua. the truth is no one played well tonight, but kaviedes wasn't definately the worse. he was honestly one of the better players for us that night. he just needs a better partner and WAY better quality passes. mendez and reasco were horrible this game. valencia's passes to nine were not so great either. kaviedes DID make a decent attempt at goal and made atleast 3 good passes which the first and third should have led to goals. just remember no one played well this night, NOT just kaviedes.

10. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

that's another problem of kaviedes, not only does he underperform constantly on the pitch, but he disrupts the harmony of the team.

11. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

hey argie, no offence, but you are in no position to assume I think Kaviedes played like that coke head, Maradona.

second, yes, Kaviedes may not have played his best game, but the talent that we know he has was there for us to see, and if he gets more games, i.e., Macedonia with Tin or Carlos upfront, then we got someone who can get to his passes.

hey, about the scuffle between, Tenorio and Kaviedes, this kinda things happens often. No one made such a big deal when Valencia and Ambrossi faught, or when Murillo and Espinola faught either. I think it is very emotional time, and one thing to remember it happened while they were still in Quito, and they both still played together, so obviously everything is alright now, and for people to report it now is just creating confusion for idiots who can't grasp that concept.

12. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Now, that's the kaviedes that everyone knows.. What a loser.

13. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Antonio Valencia and Ambrossi Fought? when was this? a Link to the article please.

14. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC

Here is the whole article just in case you are assuming things:

http://www.cre.com.ec/futbolnac/detallenoticias.asp?ID=84035

"Tenorio y Kaviedes habrían tenido altercado 05/25/2006 19:44:44

Nueva Jersey (CRE)
    Los jugadores de la selección nacional, Jaime Iván Kaviedes y Edwin Tenorio, habría protagonizado un altercado durante la concentración del conjunto "Tricolor" que jugará el Mundial Alemania 2006.

Según información detallada por Canal Uno, Tenorio y Kaviedes tuvieron un cruce de golpes en la concentración de Parcayacu en Quito.

Supuestamente el incidente aún no ha sido superado y las fricciones habrían vuelto a aparecer en Estados Unidos, donde la "Tricolor" jugó un amistoso que terminó empatado 1x1 ante Colombia."

15. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Ok my freinds...cut it out.

Let's not insult our players even though if you feel that your opinion is right. The thing we have to understand is that We have to back up our players becuase this is what we now have to work with.
    Simmer down now and vote for pedro

These incidents are very nerve wrecking indeed. WE all are worried bout the condition of our team but we have to think about the things we say in this forum just in case we do have some influence in our team's productivity.

16. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Big mistake taking Kaviedes in the first place. That guy is awful and did you see the expressions he makes while on the pitch "EVERY" time a player happens to make a MISTAKE? He throws his hands up, b1tches and walks!!!! Do you think that is good for a player to act like that against his own teammates?.. How in the hell does that make the other player feel? He's pathetic and a waste of talent..

17. Louisville Palace

Louisville Palace New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    USA

I did see JIK become more and more frustrated as the match wore on. In the first half, his discussion with / admonitions to his teammates seemed constructive. Be he did lose patience with the scene as the second half wore on. LFS was smart to sub him when he did.

I still think he can be a good asset this summer.

18. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

coke head maybe, but he is proven to be if not the best ever, one of the best in the world..... im not saying kaviedes played the worst against Colombia out of all the teammates, all im saying is that (especially kaviedes_freak) it gets annoying after a while when u hear supporters of Kaviedes continually say the same things over and OVER again such as HE HAS POTENTIAL, JUST WAIT TILL HE GETS MORE PLAYING TIME, HE IS OUR GREATEST TALENT(if this was true that would SUCK), etc etc etc. Kaviedes WAS our greatest talent at one point, do i hope he gets back to that form? OF COURSE! but dude the cheerleading gets annoying after a while!

P.S: let the fighting begin... sigh.........

19. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

YOu are right in some aspects but I think it is a bit too strong to call him pathetic and a waste of talent. Let Suarez do his thing. He'got some attitude adjusments to make , Kaviedes that is and I am optimistic that he will do better.

Like I said earlier regarding Lara and the insults some people here use to give him, I will say the same thing when it comes to Kaviedes. WE are doing nothing good insulting him because that will only frustrate us die hard fans even more and Kaviedes himslef if he were to read this forum(But that is just wishful thinking)

Yes, he B!tches when it does not go his way.

Yes he degraded in football quality on the second half (solution is simple, sub him on the second half)

Yes he could have done better.

But

He was quite impressive on the first half despite the load in his mind and despite that he has not had play time with the NT as much as he needed to get familiar with the new setup.

All we could do is wish for the best for him and his performance. We have to push him to be more positive and cooperative. WE the fans must remain positive for the sake of our own morale. This negativity (and I am sure we all agreee on this) does nothing good for all of us.

We need to take a step back and take a deep breath, and focus on any positive things we can bring to this forum. This is the best way to pith constructive solutions.

Kaviedes must hear alot of sh!t and it does mess with his ability to focus fully on the game. There is alot of hostility but nevertheless, he is our brother, he is Ecuadorian.

no one wants to be hated and nothing good can ever manifest from this source of mentality.

We do ave a problem and a major one at that. Let's not feed the fire with our quick and hostile comments.

Let's just be supportive because it is the only archetype we have hold the fort.

Its just my suggestion.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

he needs to score against macedonia in order to carry that positive momentum into the world cup...all of our forwards need to be ready to destroy the macedonian defense

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I want Kaviedes' AGENT

Who in the hell in Ivan Kaviedes AGENT? My god,, After all that kaviedes has done, he's rumored to be going back to the English prem league.. who ever his agent is must be the devil himself or god!!!

22. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
    Re: I want Kaviedes' AGENT

hey where did you get this source? put up the link.

23. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  24. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: I want Kaviedes' AGENT

Come on guy... you should know better that this is called speculation and rumor..
    oh and if you check on the blog you'll notice that "El tin" may be coming to the US or maybe even back to europe... all rumors my friend

E4L

25. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

seems kaviedes is finding a rythym, as he had a pretty solid game and scored off the bench. hope he will be ready to lead the attack with carlitos for copa america and the qualifiers.