Ivan Kaviedes news & comments

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Wile Coyote, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Re: Jaime Ivan Kaviedes Rumors and News

his debut game was actually against AC Milan

2. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Go to ivankaviedes.com/noticias.HTML scrowl to the bottom and there is a video there 7 mins long shows a lot of his goals

3. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I read on El Universo that Kaviedes is making a serious comeback. His goal is to play for the Ecuadorian National Team. He wishes to end his career playing in the World Cup 2014. He is 31 right now and he will be 35 on 2014. Does he have what it takes to play for serious competition? Can he really stay focus?

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

No he doesn't and no he can't.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

is this a serious question???!! hahaha wow......hell nooooo

6. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I say we close this thread and just admit he is finished!! :p

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

rep

8. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

so manY haters in here, i bet if he was in this WCQ we would of been in. He was the missing link, the goal scorer. kaviedes and chucho would of killed it playin together just like they did to peru. I wish he comes back soon

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I'm not a hater...I'm a realist. I have always liked Kaviedes, always. But I have no problem admiting he is done. Maybe you can join us here on planet Earth sometime.

10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

It is comical to witness people completely out of tune with reality. Haters?? All we are doing is accepting reality. I really cant believe that we are still talking about him...let me write the following in capital letters because maybe that way people will understand: HE IS FINISHED. HE IS DONE. HE IS NO LONGER THE PLAYER HE WAS IN HIS TWENTIES. HE IS A DISEASE TO ANY TEAM HE JOINS. HE IS BAD INFLUENCE AND ANY SANE ECUADORIAN SHOULDN'T WANT HIM ANYWHERE NEAR THE NT.

Kaviedes had potential to be great, he screwed it up. Blah blah blah he had family issues. Thats no excuse. There are a lot of people who grow up with without mothers and fathers but nevertheless find the will and strength to get ahead in life. He is 32 yrs old, and even if (not going to happen) he gives up alcohol and drugs in order to concentrate on soccer, just because of his age, he is not the answer. It is common sense that as you get older your skills diminish. You no longer possess the speed and athleticism you had in your younger years. And when you take into account the toll that drugs and excessive alcohol consumption takes on your body...Had Kaviedes not taken the wrong path, he would have been the solution to many of our problems in this WCQ...but the fact of the matter is he messed up and its stupid to even consider him to come back and be a star...

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

finally someone with common sense...

I wish Kaviedes good luck with his problems but SERIOUSLY...NT??? OVER!!
    It's that type of mentality that has us stuck in the past....we need to finally move on....NEW COACH, NEW PLAYERS, NEW TEAM. Meaning bye bye Reasco, Elizaga, Hurtado, Espinoza, Kaviedes, Carlos Tenorio....and POSSIBLY 2 years from now even Mendez and Ayovi might not be dependable anymore.

Some people don't realize we have MORE than enough talent in lots of these young kids coming up and have to maintain our focus on THEM. What I don't see so far is a striker....THAT is the only thing we lack. Besides that Bauza/Fossati/ or whoever becomes in charge of the NT will have more than enough talent in their hands to develop a powerful team.

12. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Why is everyone so shocked? Do people want me to bust out all the players that have played in Ecuador well past 32 years of age? Right now, Ecuador does not have any striker out there or coming up with half the talent that kaviedes has/had. TOO BAD he wasted his career. He is definitely one of the best strikers Ecuador has ever produced. I "specifically" Remember JORGE LAZO ( COACH) stating that Kaviedes needed serious psychological and Sociological help, right before he got transferred to Perugia. I remember it like it was Yesterday. He'll end up playing somewhere..

13. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Why people hate the fact that Kaviedes is making a comeback? What is wrong? How bad could he be? If he says that he is clean and is willing to keep focused why not have him play in a team that might be willing to give him a chance. As for the National Team, he would have to prove himself first in a team somewhere and then we just have to wait and see.

14. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Kaviedes should not go to a big team like Barcelona, Emelec, etc ...

if he wants to make a comeback he should go to the likes of Valle, Macara, Manta. If he wants to prove himself he should should show it for one season.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

and someone should pay back his 250k debt that he still holds with Liga.

16. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If I was Nassib Nehme (Contrabandista :D) I would definitely take a look at Kaviedes. Have him finish his career in Emelec, like they should have done with Ivan Hurtado. He can't be any worse than those ridiculous paquete Argentine footballers in Emelec. The Problem is that Barcelona and Emelec don't have a system to help develop Footballers Socially and in a country like Ecuador, That's one the most important aspect of getting players to be more professional. I'll give you an example. You remember Mario lastra? When lastra went to Liga. They Urged him to move!!! rodrigo paz told him if he was going to make it and play for LDU than he needed to move away from that barrio he was in. Liga wanted him to move him into a better neighborhood, better piece of mind. Lastra didn't want to and there goes the rest of the story with that player. Barcelona and Emelec do not know how to run a Club from top to bottom and how to get the best of their players. They need to restructure everything. The top clubs in the world have their own psychologist and professionals to deal with this stuff.

17. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

For what it seems, Kaviedes might play for Barcelona.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

lets just play off Kaviedes with Keyboard Cat, call it a day, and then all go out and eat some guatita or some fritada!

19. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

links?

20. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

why do you ask 10 thousand questions in each one of your posts. :D

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Nobody hates the fact that he is making a comeback. I like it, I just don't him him making that comeback with Barcelona...not waht we need.

What is wrong is that certain posters think he will all of the sudden comeback as the same player he was several years ago when in fact, he has not played a competitive match in years.

I think the question is, "Would he be good enough?"

22. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Like or not Kaviedes is making a comeback and he might be playing for Barcelona. How about that?

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It's got nothing to do with "Like it or not"...It has a hell of a lot to do with, "Can he make the grade...???"

I have no doubt he can make a comeback...but to what extent, is the question: A as a bench player? As a regular starter? As an undisputed starter and leader? As a member of the NT?

All these questions need to be asked before taking his comeback for granted...and the fact that several posters seem to have serious troubles comprehending this due to the fact that Kaviedes is on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't played a competitive match in over a year is rather laughable.

So, my issue is not with Kaviedes and his comeback, but with the posters like yourself thinking there is a chance that he could become the NT's savior based on absolutely nothing.

How about that?
    :rolleyes:

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

REP CRIS!

Kaviedes is 32, is a recovering drug addict, and hasn't played since the Copa del Pacifico of 2008 which was in January! That means as of this coming January he'd have been out of competition for 2 years! If he comes back, it'll take him probably 3-4 months to get into any sort of real match-ready fitness before we can even consider an impact for any team, let alone a contributor to the NT. He blew his comeback after the Peru match...that was just embarrassing to see his fall from grace YET AGAIN!

And if Bauza becomes coach of the NT, will he forget how Kaviedes burned him and Liga during his tenure as coach? Probably not....it just proves the level of unprofessionalism that Kaviedes has had throughout his whole career. And if we're talking about thirtysomethings still allowed to possibly ball for the NT, then lets keep La Sombra and Ivan Hurtado who are actually playing and at least keeping fit! Revamping needs to happen, obviously even those who are in great shape and can still contribute will likely see their minutes reduced as time passes...Reasco and Mendez are still shoe-ins as seleccionados for the next 2 years, but after that it's a toss up.

Whoever wants Kaviedes must pay off the 250k debt. I think Barcelona is the only team that can do it, as Guayaquileno said in a previous post. But Kaviedes is a bum, even if he's gone through rehab (which I commend always...he should lead a quiet life away from temptation and the spotlight that will, in my opinion, undoubtedly lead to a very public and damaging relapse and stop having people imagine these wild possibilities of what if's). Right now, I think having Kaviedes recover into any shred of an amazing player is a long shot, I'd go as far to say that it's a paja mental.

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Thank you for clearing up....

Anybody else still believes Kaviedes is superman??

then your an idiot..