Ivan Kaviedes news & comments

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Wile Coyote, Feb 6, 2006.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Jaime Ivan Kaviedes Rumors and News

Are you kidding bro?? Thing realistically, he had his chances....he screwed up!! He's not going to get his life together...ever...he's gong to keep reverting to his immature childish behavior. He's a bad influence on any team he joins. And even if, (never going to happen), he does somehow get his life back on track, driven solely by monetary interests, we shouln't consider him for NT because on his age. The guy is is 32, meaning by the time WCQ for Brazil 2014 starts up, he's going to be 34. His skills are going to decline even more than they already have by then. He is not the soulution, nor should we even consider him as a solutiom for our NT socring woes.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

exactly...who in their right mind would say Kaviedes can have a come back LOL

oh yeahhh, why don't we get Aguinaga to be a starter in our NT and also get Eduardo Hurtado while we're at it...HA :rolleyes:

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

everyone wants to give a washed up 31 year old striker who hasn't touched a ball (but has touched a crack pipe) yet ANOTHER shot when we have other guys above 30, and even Ayovi that is just under 30 and they're already getting put out of the picutre...

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Ayovi is already 30... but yeah I see your point...there are some younger guys that should get a shot. Bieler if he gets nationalized, and some other guys who are young but have talent.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

the point is that there are dudes above 30 that are playing exceedingly well and they're getting bumped from the picture while some keep wanting Kaviedes back who is above 30, hasn't balled in 2 years and is a recovering drug addict.

6. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

How about if he recuperates from his addiction? Wouldn't he have a chance to make a comeback and tryout for any team that might be willing to do so?

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

He also has to repay a $250,000 debt.

8. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

hes a liability to any team, so im guessing even if he did "recuperate" only a fool would take a chance with him at this point( or any point before also). He would have to be several months or even years clean of drugs/alcohol for any chance at life-let alone his footy "career" and by that point he would be older then he is now and many years past his prime( when his prime has already been dissipated into the shadows long ago). This thread should be closed, Kaviedes has no relevance to ecuafootbol for the future. We dont have threads for Other irrelevant players i don't see why this stays opened.

ps: im not taking away everything he has done for ecuador but enough is enough. Hes not our savior upfront. Dude needs to find his own savior....... for his life.

9. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Dude The only steps hes taking are the rehab ones . His steps for a "NT" comeback lead him off a cliff.........meaning its over.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

lol yeaaah....riiiight

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

exactly!!!

12. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

did you not read it was a hypothetical ..i know hes not going to do it hes not going to be in the nt and hes not going to turn his life around.. i know that and i am being relistic about it...but the question was if he did turn around a healthy kaviedes even an old one is and should start in forward specially with the players we have in that position your acting like we have good finishers in line for the forward position ... i mean seriously if we would have had players to replace kaviedes they would have been playing already since we know that caicedo has sucked for a while and cucho while being flashy never actully scored like hes soposto... and with tenorio being injuried there was enough chance for a player who had talent to take over the spot...so if he were going to turn it around while play for a professional team and showing good form theres no question he should start but there is zero chance of this happening soo yeaaa

13. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

because he had the potencial to be our be the best ecuadorian to ever play soccer and people always have the hope he would turn it around.... other irrelevant players dont have the natural talent kaviedes has..

14. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

yea he HAD. plus having natural talent is meaninless when your dont use it.He also has Natural Talent at screwing himself over everytime, which he uses everytime the oppertunity presents itself.

15. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

whether he had or does still have it is debatable but just him having it at some point will being memories up of his natural talent ...im not saying its right to keep on talking about him just that the reason people still talking about him is the memmories they had about him i know i still think about him sometimes and its mainly due to memmories of his god like talent in the soccer field

16. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN_vCtsO5AI"]YouTube- Ivan Kaviedes highlights[/ame]

i love this video the song plus kavides is just awsome

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

great highlight reel

this video also solidifies why i am so pissed off with Kaviedes...oozed talent, had the opportunities, and what happened...this video is a great reminder of what he was and what he could have been if he was dedicated and focused.

18. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

what a golasoooo on barca , thats who we needed this WCQ. I get pissed when i see those videos of him , i was watching one last week like 6 mins long and i got me pissed and sad at the same time. what a player he was and now he is no where to be found. he chose drinkin , drugs and screwing all the girls over soccer. imagine kaviedes would of been someone dedicated like kaka he would easily be one of the best players in the world.

19. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Unfortunately, Ecuador has not found a player to match the skills of Kaviedes. In the meantime, Ecuador has to suffer like what is going through right now.

20. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

kaviedes should have scored at least 3 goals against Costa Rica in the World Cup if He and Edison Mendewz were not fighting in that game. Edison mendez didn't want to pass him the ball.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Kaviedes and Mendez had a problem during this game?? I never knew that, where did you hear?

I thought the problem was a bit before the World Cup b/t Kaviedes and Edwin Tenorio.

22. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You have the game right? here's a bad video of it but check out what Kaviedes says to mendez and than pushed him off. than he's like what.. you can tell kaviedes was pissed.. not a minute later Mendez refuses to pass the ball to kaviedes on an even better attempt to score. No one noticed? Ofcourse I was sceaming at the tv and mendez at the time..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iB-3SPMkc&feature=related"]YouTube- Videos de Kaviedes (Ecuador 3 vs. Costa Rica 0)[/ame]

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

:confused:

Looking back on his career, and the goals he scored against Juventus in his Serie A debut, amazing bicycle kick against Barcelona, dribbling the entire Brazilian defense, scoring the goal that qualified us to the World Cup, scoring a goal in the World Cup......he has by far the most memorable moments of any Ecuadorian player ever. It will be a long time until any player can put that on his resume. But at the same time he accomplished maybe 25% of his potential.

24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Anyone have a video of that?

25. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

the whole game or his goal? if its just the goal its in the highlight reel i post before