IU Hoosiers 2022

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by stphnsn, Jan 12, 2022.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Who knew the MLS draft was yesterday? That snuck up on me, and we've lost our GK. Celentano was picked second by FC Cincinnati. FCC has stunk historically, but maybe their new head coach can get them turned around...

PlaySimple and fknbuflobo repped this.
  2. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I came over here to comment on Celentano getting picked. Hopefully he doesn't get mired down in the mediocrity that Cincinnati has been stuck in since becoming an MLS side.

FCC didn't renew their contract option on Ben Lundt, a former keeper for Akron, and he was at Phoenix Rising of the USL. I am not sure where he is now.

3. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben Lundt:
    Phoenix Rising FC Signs Goalkeeper Ben Lundt to Multi-Year Contract (phxrisingfc.com)

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-1 after 90 minutes at Butler yesterday. The day was beautiful, but the soccer was not. Well, at least not IU's. Butler came out and dominated the first half hour or so and really had us pinned back with their press at had a 1-0 lead at the half.We couldn't find a way to play through them. The 1424 just wasn't effective with the players we had on the field. We pulled one back late off a corner and had one more great chance that Sarver put wide. Overall, it was about what you might expect from a February friendly. Lots left to work on...

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    What's up with the lack of spring season coverage? Was DO'R the team tweeter?

6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  7. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    No. I believe it was Phalo, who also moved on.

8. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Strange Adidas Classic this year w/ games on Sat and Tues(!) of Labor Day "weekend."

9. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Not really a normal Classic since St. John's is just coming in for one game that Tuesday.

10. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    IU claims that the St John's game is part of the classic. Not so classic now...