IU Hoosiers 2019

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by BigRedFootie, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    Thanks. I was reading and sharing that right as you posted.

JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Ken played before my time so he's ever only been a name to me. That being said, he's been a name with huge numbers behind it and was the legend at the top of the record books whenever I'd dig into the program's history. I wish I'd had a chance to see him play.

3. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    I did watch him play and he was something else. He's been described as the best offensive player IU ever had, largely because he was a 4-time all-american and 2-time winner of the Hermann.

stphnsn repped this.
  4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Snow was as dominant a collegiate attacking player as there has been in my lifetime. And I'm old.

Had the misfortune of being born in the wrong time. A few years younger or older and we look at him in a completely different light in terms of a pro and national team career.

RIP

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    I read in today's local paper that IU hasn't had any positive Covid tests for athletes that are back on campus (football, MBB, WBB). That's good news, and I hope they're doing what they can to keep it that way. What really caught my attention was that the article went on to say that women's soccer and men's soccer won't be back until July 7 and July 13, respectively. It seems weird that the two basketball programs are back before fall sports. What's the deal? Is this just another money thing?

6. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Nothing weird at all about that. All basketball programs have their players all summer for summer school and workouts. Classes, dorms, and food paid for by the department. Indiana is very lucky to be back so early as many schools will not have their soccer programs report so soon. Many mid-majors not back until late August with a delayed start date for games and a shortened schedule.

7. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    I know they are trying to make up for truncated spring training, but I'm sure that $$ are involved, too. It's obvious that the revenue sports are scheduled to begin first, w/ non-revenue following.