[ITW] Mamadou Niang.

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by ZoltaR, Jul 20, 2005.

1. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    19/07/05 - Interview
    [​IMG]
    Niang is in a hurry to play at Velodrome
    Considering his performance for the match against Bern, one can think that Mamadou Niang will dispute his first match at the Velodrome, on the Saturday, for the return game. The Olympian attacker is impatient of living that.

It is good for the confidence to win the first official match of the season, especially in Switzerland…
    Yes, because we worked much during the preparation even if we started to be a little bit tired. We made a good result in Switzerland, from now on we will try to confirm it at the Velodrome, which will not be easy.

The victory is also good for the morale and the confidence…

For the moral of the team, yes. But we are conscious of what we carry out. We are starting one season when we completely changed style of play. We are working hard at the training and we tested that against Bern, which was pretty successful even if there were, at one time, a small unproductive period which enabled them to return. This is still encouraging.

According to you, a great step was taken for the qualification?

In the European Cup, to get the qualification in two matches, this is not obvious. Even if we have won in Switzerland, they can still win at the Velodrome. We will do everything to qualify ourself, moreover, we have an advantage, we won by scoring three goals in Switzerland. However, we are not thinking that the qualification is in the pocket. There remains a match. It will be necessary to battle, during 90 minutes, in order to qualify.

In the game, points to be improved?
    Everything is not perfect yet we are only in the phase of preparation. There are still many things to improve, we are working on this. Each day, we work hard, we are a little bit tired. Everyone goes in the same direction, this is what is very positive. With time, we will reach our goal.

The new players scored two of the three goals against Bern, it is also very good for the integration in the group…

There is a super group which integrated us very well, Wilson (Oruma), Franck (Ribéry) or me. Everything is fine as of our arrival, that also helps us in the play, as against Bern. We will retain only the essential: the victory of the team.

Saturday, it's the return game at the Velodrome. An important match…
    Yes, but pressure should not be put where there is not. We are in a hurry to be there, to play in front of our supporters. They were already there in Switzerland, they encouraged us much. Thanks to their support, we succeeded in making this result. I hope they will also push us on Saturday.

It will be your first game at the Velodrome with the Marseilles shirt ?
    It will be special… but only for one or two minutes. Then, I will be in my match, I will not take care of that anymore.

Do you keep a special memory of a match played at the Velodrome under an opposing shirt ?
    Yes, of course ! I played my first match in League 1 at the Velodrome, it was OM-Troyes. I keep a great memory of it because to begin his career in L1, at the Velodrome in front of 60.000 spectators, it is one unforgettable moment. There, it will be still better because I will carry the colors of OM. I will love it.

Special correspondent at Arzon, Fred Rostain

2. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Beye, Luyindula, Niang and now Ljuboja.

Are you considering changing the club name into something like "racing club Marseille" or "Olympique Strasbourgeois de Marseille" :) ?