Itunes/Quicktime problem

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bostonsoccermdl, Aug 4, 2007.

1. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ok, there is probably an easy solution to this but it is frustuating teh hell out of me, and quite frankly, and after shelling out $900 for a new computer, I am pissed I have to deal with this.

I installed I tunes, downloaded a music video (quicktime runs it) and it doesnt run smooth. The music plays smoothly, but the video portion freezes for a few seconds, then continues and skips parts.

New system, 2G of RAM, dualcore P4, etc, so hardware isnt an issue...

What gives? any idea? (and I dont have any other major programs running to hog memory)

Why is it choppy?

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you started at step one? I know it sounds silly, but sometimes people overlook the first steps and think it's something more advanced when it might not be.

Attempt to play the video through another player. Does it work fine there?

Attempt to play a similar video through iTunes. Does this one work?

Reinstall iTunes. Is the video still messed up?

3. bostonsoccermdl

Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I tried to play it thourgh windows media, and the Itunes come through in a different unrecognizable format. I tried to convert it, and it wouldnt let me.

Its no bother. I decided to watch any videos I want to through YouTube now for free.

4. FeliX 450

FeliX 450 I am me

Sep 8, 2007
    San Diego, So*Cal
    good move on that. youtube has everything iTunes store has plus couple millions more ;)

5. bostonsoccermdl

Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    For some reason my itunes wont connect to tehe store and when I check for updates it still cant seem to connect.

It says something along the lines of "check your connection settings" but I never (intentionally) at least altered anything..

I did skip an update notification (simply b/c I find it uneccessary to update every week something that is working fine) and I tried to do that, but it wont even connect to allow for the update :(

any idea on how to fix this?