It's unfortunate that China... [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by K_19, Nov 18, 2004.

1. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Wealth of a nation has nothing to do with it, the desire of the government and the people has a lot more to do with it. Look at South American countries, look at African countries. I think its twofold, you need at least mediocre facilities, but you also need people who are willing to (or perhaps more importantly, allowed) to play. It costs next to nothing to put together leagues, thats why there are so many flourishing in Beijing, but they don't exist for youth. Groups like ClubFootball (in connection with the Beijing bar of the same name) has done a lot of work in setting up youth leagues in China for foreigners and Chinese, but beyond that, nobody is making an effort. And I use the example of Beijing just because that is what I know best, but its the same in any of the larger cities in the country.

Beyond that, there's also a grave inequality between youth programs. Look at the ones in Liaoning, both in Shenyang and Dalian, and all the youth talent they have produced as compared to other areas. Beijing is another example..Those few players who are singled out at a young age, no matter where they are in the country, need good coaching, and most of the youth programs just aren't up to par.

In the end, not sure what to say, I think there are a lot of problems...Culture is a big problem, facilities are a problem, not giving kids a chance to develop, blah blah blah...There are many problems, its impossible to accurately say A is a bigger problem than B...

We need solutions to ALL these problems...

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Eh, too much analysis on China's socioeconomic situation. Just throw on Dong Fangzhuo and let's see what happens. :)

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    So who would you start up front alongside him? If everyone is healthy, who would your ideal XI be? I know I'm the one whose proposing this, but I think I need some time to think about this...probably something like this though:
    G-Liu Yunfei
    D-Sun Jihai
    D-Du Wei
    D-Zheng Zhi
    D-Li Weifeng
    M-Yan Song
    M-Li Tie
    M-Zhao Junzhe
    M-Xu Yunlong/Shao Jiayi/Li Xiaopeng
    F-Li Jinyu
    F-Zhang Yuning

I would almost go against the idea of a 4-4-2 because there aren't 2 forwards I'd want to start. Dayu is a terrible international player, but I'm not ready to put him on the bench for Dong. I'd also rather see Zhang Yuning get a few chances before Dong. I've always liked Wang Xinxin, but he hasn't really panned out as expected...Who else do we have that can play up front?

4. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Do you guys think China should hire a chinese coach or a foreign coach for up coming years? all their successes recently had come from foreign coach.

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I'd say go with a foreign coach, I can't think of a Chinese coach who I'd like to see in charge of the team. I don't think Houiller is the right choice. I'd like to see someone like Milu who have shown success at either developing talent/melding players into a team or bringing success to a team on the fringes. That said, I don't know who the right person really is...

I don't think the team has really had that much success in recent years. The Asian Cup performance this year was pretty good, but it was assisted by referees giving us some breaks and the fact all our games were played in Beijing. WC 2002 wasn't really a sucess to me, because the two major powers in Asia didn't need to qualify making our path even easier...

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yeah, I would say go with a foreign coach as well. If we had a chinese coach, he would be too political and biased. If the coach is from North, he would only start the players from north, and vice versa if he was from the south.

Qualifying for the WC2002 is considered fairly recent right? Getting the calls from the referee in Asian Cup................ maybe, but remember the handball that put Japan ahead 2-1 which was ignored. There were breaks, but it was both ways.

7. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    how does you sent on three CD? foget Zheng Zhi,he should in mmiddle fields, another WD should be Sun xiang

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Zheng Zhi has only been playing midfield for the national team as a replacement for Li Tie, I think he's stronger in a more defensive position. I think Li Weifeng is capable of playing on the wing on defense and would be stronger than Sun Xiang.

This is just something I threw together quickly and without much thought, I meant it as a question, if you were China coach, what would your starting XI be? I don't have everybody in their natural position, but those that I've moved have experience playing the position I have them and are more adaptable. Having this XI out there, in my mind, gives us the best chance to win. One last thing, my captain would be Li Tie, its time for him to step up.

9. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    ------------------Liu Yunfei---------------------

Li Weifeng---Du Wei----Zheng Zhi----Sun Xiang--

Sun Jihai------Li Tie-----Shao Jiayi-----Yan Song-

----------Zhang Yuning---Dong Fangzhuo--------