its THE GAME of the israeli season

Discussion in 'Israel' started by greenapes02, Jan 25, 2010.

1. greenapes02

greenapes02 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    hapoel tel aviv will be traveling to kiryat eli ezer later today in what should be a very good game the two best teams in the country are meeting head to head

hapoel: just to give themselves a chance at a champoinship

haifa: wit alot to prove to israel in the debate of the best team
    i beleive haifa is gonna come out winner in a game full full of brilliant plays by the brightest young talents of israeli soccer(vermout,golasa,yadin,kiyal and even refaelov)
    i say haifa 2-1 would love to hear your predictions
    p.s.wtf is gonna happen in the end of the league....playoffs!!!!!?

2. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Final boring result: 0-0, Daniel De Ridder played his first minutes for Hapoel!

3. greenapes02

greenapes02 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i think the problem was that both teams tried to not lose instead of win gadir had a few chances to end the game but didint basically haifa is our new champions time to prepare for europe

4. glorydaysrback

glorydaysrback New Member

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I just got finished watching Hapoel Tel Aviv win the league championship. I live in the USA and am not very familiar with a lot of the Israeli league. I asked my father, who is a Jerusalem fan, who was the most hated team in Israel was and he to me Hapoel Tel Aviv is. Is that true? It is hard for me to believe that a team that isn't even the biggest team in their own city (fan wise, Maccabi Tel Aviv being bigger than them, at least I would imagive) could possibly be the most hated team in the league. Can someone please chime in here, thanks.

5. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im also a Jerusalem fan but to be honest, they have the worst fans (in israel) and a majority of them are rediculous, sometimes they have booed the national anthem of other teams, some guys even boo israels anthem, La Familia, is the name of the hard core fan section.

6. glorydaysrback

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do you know who the most hated team in the league is?

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Hapoel Tel Aviv have a lot of fans who aren't Jewish?

Just like in 2009-2010, the Israeli champion in the 2010-2011 UEFA Champions League will be seeded in the Second Qualifying Round and (if they advance) the Third Qualifying Round.

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2010.html says Hapoel Tel Aviv will be seeded in the Playoff Round as long as they reach that round. They have a club coefficient of 27.775 compared to the 17.050 Maccabi Haifa had for 2009-2010. If all the better clubs reach the Group Stage, Hapoel Tel Aviv will be in Pot 4 for the Group Stage draw with the 27th best coefficient of the 32 clubs in the Group Stage. Maccabi Haifa had the 27th best coefficient in the 2009-2010 Group Stage. Hapoel Tel Aviv has a small chance of reaching Pot 3 for the Group Stage if other better clubs do not get that far.

9. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every person in Israel has a different opinion of which club they hate. I personally hate Maccabi Tel Aviv in football because of their idolatry of Avi Nimni and destruction of careers of hopefuls like Maor Buzaglo, Yaniv Azran etc.

I think that the only club that every Israeli could hate is Hapoel Beit She'an though I am sure that there are enough racists to say that it is Bnei Sakhnin.

10. glorydaysrback

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do you know who the most popular football team is?

11. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is impossible to say. Do we go by ticket sales, attendance, merchandise sales...?

12. glorydaysrback

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would say attendence or merchandise sales