Its Sunk in

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by akofman12345, Dec 16, 2005.

1. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    Yesturday i was mad, furious. wanted to kick everything in sight. But it didnt sink in until today. i went to MlsNet. Com and clicked the farthest team to the right on the western confrence side waiting for SjEarthquakes.com to show up. It was Salt Lakes website, i went back only to see San Jose replaced with Houston. Looking at the picture with Dom and Pat and Wade with thier boots and cowboy hats made me realize. We might get a team in '07 but it wont be OUR team. It will be some young new players from the draft, young players that MLS teams dont want, an MLS has-beens. I guess its Sunk in for me.

Has it Sunk in for you?

2. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    For some reason, your message reminded me of this...

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While players and coaches come and go over time for all sports teams, it's rather sickening that after having suffered through five years of mediocre-to-bad teams, only to have a good-to-championship winning team the next five, we'll have to suddenly start all over again with a bad team with no guarantee that it'll become good soon afterwards. :(

Even though good teams eventually decline, it's usually a slow decline with the coach having time to replace his aging/retiring players. This is rarely the case with expansion teams, which generally start out bad right from the start (the 1998 Chicago Fire notwithstanding). Unfortunately, we should probably expect to see Clash-quality play for quite some time when the Quakes return. :(

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

4. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we have Dom, Frank, or John Doyle as a coach that would help out a ton.. Sometimes when coaches leave teams they bring players with them..So who knows we could see some of them back in 07.:D

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awesome, but when do their current contracts end (just curious)? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

6. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not sure.. I could see Wade Barrett coming back, after all he came back to MLS and only wanted to play for San Jose..

7. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    Exactly........ :(

8. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    It hasn't sunk in for me yet, but if this A's thing is true then it was the right move to do. get AEG the f-ck away from our city and start new. They never wanted to outright sell the franchise, they wanted to own a publicly funded stadium and lease it to us for games and make $$$ off us. They didn't want a cheaper rent fee from SJSU. They wanted to make $$$ off our city and since they didn't, they left. I will forever miss our players and the great teams of 2001-2005. But in the long run this has to be done right. Im open arms to bring back the earthquakes because they are my passion.

So no it hasn't sunk in for me yet. I have a feeling i'm going to feel it when the season starts up again.

F-ck AEG, and F-ck AEG owned teams.

9. SJAnfield

SJAnfield New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    San Jose
    It hit me today. I think I was just in shock the last two days, but then it sunk in and took me under. I can't eat, rest or be around anyone. I've experienced loved ones passings before, but this is just unbearable. No matter what I do, the realization that the Quakes are gone keeps haunting my thoughts. When I think of the Quakes coming back as an MLS club in 2007 I'm simply confused. I love the Quakes more than anything in the world, but how can I support them in a AEG-Don Garber MLS?

10. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya if the Quakes do get a team in '07, it's going to be wierd when they play Houston because those are the players were familiar with.

11. hannah8

hannah8 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    Seeing that photo, I felt like I caught my boyfriend with another girl.

(well...if I actually had a boyfriend) :(

Hannah

12. vikingwayne

vikingwayne Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Has it Sunk in for you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has. I have my subscription renewal to 90:00 Soccer Magazine on my table. I'm going to toss it. I'll let my Soccer America subscription run out. I'll lose interest in overseas play. I'll follow the WC, but not with the passion as before.

None of it seems relevant anymore.

Man, I'm really going to miss going to the games.