It's started (R)

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by monster, Dec 22, 2002.

1. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Florida Semi

According to this Excel spreadsheet (yeesh, can't these folks convert it to something more web-friendly?), DS United beat Miami Tango 1-0 on April 6. I didn't see it in Chn's fabulous website, which is here, for those of us who have sigs turned off;) I suggest bookmarking it, folks! He's got the whole skinny!:)

2. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Re: Florida Semi

Uruguay v. DS, a rematch of last years Florida final, which was won by DS United, 1-0

Well, as I credit on the USASA section, you guys did a lot to begin compiling those results! Big thanks to my fellow USOC "weirdos"

3. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    One thing of note, the remainder of the Massachusets qualifying tourney that begain last fall has not been finished yet. I got an e-mail from cup director Luigi Taranto, in it he stated that the remaining games would take place "as soon as fields are available", and that the schedule would be posted at www.soccer-schedule.com. So either the games haven't been rescheduled, or they haven't updated the website. Hope this won't cause their team to get shut out of the Region I tourney.

4. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    USASA Region I tourney:
    Ukrainian Nationals 1-0 (aet) Barilla Baltimore Colts

Got the info from the Eastern Pa. Soccer Association. The person I contacted, Mrs. BJ Marth, said she would try and send the rest of the schedule when she gets it.

5. gorilla

gorilla New Member

Feb 13, 2002
    The Mass semifinal was played last night (in a downpour) after having been postponed numerous times and Boston Olympiakos beat Watertown United to advance to the finals against Green Briar.

6. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you!

...score, please?

7. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
  8. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Region II First Round
    AAC Eagles 3-2 FC Indiana

Semifinals
    Chalden Arsenal (Mich.) v. AAC Eagles (Ill.)
    Busch SC (Missouri) v. Bavarians SC (Wis.)

Waiting to find results for the other Sunday matches:
    Region I-Rochester Italia v. Bridgeport Italians
    Mass. Final-Boston Olympiakos v. Green Brian FC
    Florida Final-Uruguay SC v. DS United

9. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Region I update

The good folks at the Vistula Garfield website have posted the Region I schedule!

http://www.scvistula.com/us_open_cup_2003.htm

They have ZPA Perth Amboy in the tourney, even though they lost to Vistula in the NJ final, wonder what the deal is with that.

Also, both Region II semifinals will be this Sunday, amy 3.

Nothing on Region III or IV yet.

10. bluedevils

bluedevils Member

Nov 17, 2002
    USA
    Michigan representative

chn71, where did you hear that Chaldean Arsenal is the Michigan rep for the next round of the Open Cup? I heard they lost in the state semifinals to Detroit United, a team in the MPSL's Open division (below Arsenal's MPSL Premier division), and Detroit Eagles (MDSL 2nd division) beat Detroit United in the final.

11. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Oops, looks like I'm the victim of an unupdated Michigan Soccer Association website.

Do you have any other details about the Michigan tourney? I may throw an e-mail towards the MISL as well to see if they have any info.

12. bluedevils

bluedevils Member

Nov 17, 2002
    USA
    MSA

I don't think the MSA website is updated very often at all. The other day when I visited, the info looked like it was from 2002, not 2003.

There seem to be more teams in Michigan capable of competing with Arsenal, which is basically the best amateur, non-USL club in the state. Detroit Eagles aren't even a 1st-division club, nor are Detroit United.

I'm not sure exactly how many amateur Michigan clubs entered the Open Cup this year, but there were at least some pre-semifinal matches.

13. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Meanwhile in Florida....
    DS United 4-1 Uruguay SC

For the second year in a row, DS United repesents Florida in the Region III tourney

14. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the A-League, the Charleston Battery hosts the Va. Beach Mariners Saturday night in a league match that doubles as a USOC qualifier.

15. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    The Thunder's home opener in the [shudder] Metrodome vs. Cincinnati on Sunday also doubles as an Open Cup qualifier. Second leg at Cinci is 5/18.

16. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    In fact, we'll see the first qualifier emerge tomorrow night, as Seattle and Postland play the 2nd leg of their qualifying series. The 1st leg is tonight in Portland.

Keep up to date on the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup:
    http://lhusoc.tripod.com/usoc.htm

17. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Portland Vs Seattle 2nd Leg [R]

as we already know. The Sounds have taken the series against the Timbers. A 3:0 total on the aggragate.

Congrats to the Seattle Sounders.

18. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Region II semifinals
    AAC Eagles 5:1 Detroit Eagles

AAC moves on to play Busch SC-Bavarian SC winner for a spot in the Open Cup field

19. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    Thunder win the first leg 1-0. Not a huge advantage from the home leg, and Cincinnati is looking better than in past years, so the second leg in 2 weeks could be tight.

20. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have e-mails into the Region III and IV tournament hosts because the deadline for entries was supposedly past.

21. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Got an reply back from James Inzinna of Rochester Italia:

"Some unfortunate situations arose the weekend of the game and I was never able to get a team to Connecticut."

So this sounds like a 3-0 forfeit win for Bridgeport, who will go on to play the Mass./New Hampshire winner from the Quarterfinals

Also, the Bavarians SC website shows they are to play AAC Eagles in the Region II final on May 18, but no details about the match v. Busch SC. I'll send an e-mail their way for some details.

22. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Monster,

I came across the Tyneside United website (http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=tyneside), and they have a story about the Region III tourney.

I e-mailed them asking if they had more info on the tourney. You should shoot one off to them as well, perhaps if they see more than one person looking for info, there'll be a better chance of a reply from them.

I meant the Region IV tourney, yeah, that's the one.

23. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will do. Thanks.

24. gorilla

gorilla New Member

Feb 13, 2002
    In Massachusetts, Green Briar beat Boston Olympiakos in the state final, then beat New Hampshire in the regional quarterfinal. They play the Bridgeport Italians soon.

25. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rhe Region IV director e-mailed me and said he will get me info soon. He is still waiting on some things, he said.