It's really painful to watch.....R

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Soccerdude redded, Aug 26, 2007.

1. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta

Seems easy enough to believe that he picked up a bit of a knock in the Sweden game. He was subbed out early which is a surprise even if he is playing bad though an injury would explain it. He didn't start the next game for LA during which the announcers mentioned he had a slight calf injury.

That injury list for LA is just crazy all together I think LA has something like 13 players on their injury list. Some of them are obviously suiting up for the games and some are out there playing. MLS teams generally don't have much depth and it's probably worse for LA who has made really poor transfer decisions outside of Xavier and Beckham. I think Pavon might still turn out to be a good signing for them so at some point maybe you'll be able to add him to the Becks & X list.

Also you could probably add Pavon to that list of 13 injured players as he has been sick and had a foot injury and is probably not 100%.

That many injuries would be difficult for any team in the world to deal with much less LA.

2. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    At times like this for LA, it's the downside of roster and salary caps. Mind you, in general I agree that these caps should be enforced to keep the league competitive, so you don't get a situation like in many countries where you know before the season starts that only a couple of teams have a chance of being champions.

3. RedCard2

RedCard2 New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Ottawa, Canada
    Is Martino on the field again? I can't believe that .. surely they have someone better than that. Can't they call up players from their reserves or maybe some USL players or something?

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But "most every team in the league" didn't play in the World Series of Football or whatever the hell it was called. Most teams didn't play in the Superliga, and only LA is in the final.

As some have shown, the LA whining is overblown and somewhat misinformed. DC has had a similar stretch. But let's be fair here.

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'd just like to point out that they also sucked when they had lightest schedule of all :)

6. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at the bright side.

Now Leeds supporters have an MLS team they can call their own.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they do.

Without re-hashing everything that's happened this season, out GM has told the supporter's groups that they're replaceable, and they are causing more complaints from other fans than their worth and that they need to tone it down.

8. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank God we don't have relegation in MLS.

Galaxy/MLS would be wise to only put any real effort into SuperLiga and focus on keeping Beckham healthy enough to at least play for 15 minutes in each away game. Five months of off season should have him ready for next season. Now we just need to sack our coach and GM and make some good trades.

9. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think you'll find anyone other than Trader Mo who'd be interested in trading for any players on LA's current roster.

10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? You are the one who is being biased here, not Wynalda. I have the game on tivo. Wynalda immediately said, and repeated ad nauseum how bad, stupid and reckless the foul was by Marsch, and he expected the red to be shown for it. At the end of the game, when Chivas was effortlessly pinging the ball around, Wynalda mentioned how much class they were showing with their play ............ "oh, except for what Marsch did, let's just be honest about that", or something to that effect. Wynalda was all over Marsch for that foul. You're deluding yourself if you saw it any other way. And no, Wynalda did not immediately start talking about Marsch and his baby after the foul on Beckham. Where do you get this stuff from? I'd have to go back and check for sure, but I believe it was before the foul that that conversation took place. Get over the Galaxy persecution complex.

11. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    It's not like LA was tearing up the league before Backhem showed up. Would you crybabies feel better if your schedule had been frontloaded and you were already statistically eliminated from the playoffs?

12. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I think most real fans would have just liked an equal schedule to everybody else. Not front or backloaded. Course the league needed to make it's money, so the Galaxy were the sacrifice this year.