It's really painful to watch.....R

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Soccerdude redded, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Your comparison is silly and you f'n know it. Don't try and trick some of the readers on this forum with your illusion your crafting up.

It's not the amount of games they are playing through-out the season.
    It's the amount of games they are playing in such a short period of time.

I have heard this stupid little explanation 3 times in the past week and it cracks me up that people actually read this and believe what you are saying.

55+ games (and your including playoffs omg totally not the same) with 4 days inbetween is a hell of alot different then 43 games with 2-3 days in between and if you've ever played soccer before in any sort of league you'd really know that.

Jeez some people crack me up on how they word things to make other believe their b/s

2. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Bro. Rapid's looked good tonight and I'm not taking anything away from Chivas/NY/or Rapids or any of the other million teams we've lost to this year.
    But we're second worst in the league for one.

and two if you look at the guys we have on the field with the exception of gordon and klein (Who really shouldn't even play soccer, i was thinking ping pong would be a good profession for them considering neither of them can seem to hang onto the ball for any amount of time other then to slap it to someone else on accident) the entire team is or pathetic depth chart in action. Now, our team is crap when our starters are on. Just think about how bad these guys are if they can't even start for our team.

3. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he's from Arkansas?

4. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, LA is playing 19 games in 10 weeks. United is playing 18 games 10 weeks, with a 19th 2 days later.

LA is not effing special, they just think they are.

Show me where LA has played 43 games with only 2-3 days rest between each match... what's that? You can't? Because LA had a ridiculously light early schedule.

You're right though, including playoffs isn't the same, because unlike the rest of LA's matches this season, playoff matches will actually matter.

I really don't see what my playing experience has to do with this thread, but I've played soccer at a high level since I was 8. I recently quit playing College soccer to focus on rugby because I was tired of the bitching about too many games and practices and other bs.

5. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most painful thing to watch the whole game was the minute before the game started, and they showed the Galaxy roster.

I think almost every star they have is injured or fatiqued. Worse yet, their biggest weakness on the field is lack-of-depth, yet that depth were the ones that had to start. I feel for Pavon, Becks, Donovan, Jones, and Xavier especially, because they've been working hardcore through their conditions.

I expect a lot of drama to come out from Galaxy's locker room in the next couple weeks. You'll probably hear a lot of complaints and finger-pointing. If they win Superliga though (which would be a miracle), they'll have some kind of dignity for the rest of the year

6. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most every team in league has played more LD. The gals have a few games in hand to catch up.

7. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy needs a long time Beckham teammate favorite.

[​IMG]

8. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but NE actually wins games...LA officially sucks.

9. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't understand.

Nevermind. I want to see the possession %.

11. LOSTT

LOSTT Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

Hurts to admit it. :mad::mad:

12. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not in a save-our-season kind of sense. In the end, only one team walks away with a trophy with any meaning. Everyone else are just various shades of losers. But still, it's something. And god knows I'll bring it up if Dallas or DC don't win the MLS cup.

13. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's more than one trophy up for grabs.

There's a great thing that comes out of Beckham staying home on Galaxy road trips. Every fan in attendance cheers for the home team, while fickle Beckham fans stay home and cry for refunds.

14. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    AlecW81 I hate to call you out, but I just thought I'd throw some facts your way.

Since the all-star break, DC United have 21 games not including playoffs. 11 of those will be away games.

LA Galaxy have 26 games, 14 of those being away games. 4 of those away games actually being within 2 weeks.

I'm not making excuses but as you can see our schedule really was crap this year.

15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    And 3 of those are friendlies meaning they have 2 more games than DC. If anything that proves just how dumb the LA management is. What exactly was the thought process for that, "hey we have an awful lot of games at the end of the season, maybe we should try to fit some games against USL teams in there, it'll be good practice and help keep everybody in game shape".

16. sharkeyca

sharkeyca New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Alexi Loses was on a local sports recap show they have out here. The reporters didn't know enough to call him on his double-speak, and they didn't allow call-ins. I heard a rumor Alexi Loses was supposed to be on Fox Football Fone-In next week (September). How can we get the non-soccer folks to start joining in the "FIRE LALAS" chants?

17. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Friendlies are still games though. I'll admit it's not a staggering difference in schedules, but it's still makes a difference. All those away games add up, and now the team is in shambles and everything just keeps getting worse.

If anything look at DC and Houston at the beginning of the season. All those preseason games really looked like they took a toll on the teams. Yet once they got to a balanced scheduled they started playing great.

If anything LA pretty much sold it's soul. It made all the money and brought in all the fans it wanted too, but at the cost of the team. Which may hurt them in the future. Hard to tell.

18. ankaboot

ankaboot New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Painful on the eyes and painful on the ears! When is that girl Wynalda going to retire already! God! I am so sick of him and his whiny petty obvious jealousy of how much Beckham makes, denying the impact the Beck's had on this season. In the Chivas game after an obvious low foul by Marsch that was seen repeatedly, W immediately went on the attack of Beckham by talking about M's newborn child and what a great mother M's wife was, and on and on. Meanwhile no comment on Marsch who had just committed the most disruptive foul of the year resulting in 2 red cards. In full view of the Home Depot centers shiny new Jumbotron!

19. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Baysider,

I must appologize. You quoted and answered a post that after a second reading I decided to delete. However, your answer is pretty much what I suspected (which is probably why I decided to delete it). I guess, too, bottom line is the Galaxy are a mess, and I suppose any success is welcomed.

20. Outwide

Outwide Red Card

Apr 13, 2007
    Texas
    MARTINO SUCKS. The guy thinks he has so much skill on the ball, but he's useless in the final 3rd. Well Galaxy fan's...there's always next year.

GO HOOPS!!

21. kikkoman1231

kikkoman1231 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Comiskey Park
    Despite the result, Colorado's fans are REALLY REALLY quiet.

Why don't you guys have any huge hardcore fans? I'm not making fun of the Rapids. I'm just curious; that's all. Did the FO have a problem with you guys standing up at matches?

22. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, just read the reports on MLSnet. Donovan was out with a calf injury suffered in the match against Sweden. Also, Yallop is quoted as saying that the Galaxy was forced to start 8 injured players anyway!

23. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
  24. Schall

Schall New Member

Jul 25, 2007
  25. touch line

touch line New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    At this point I am sure they realize they are not making the playoffs. They probably just view this season as a Becks exhibition season and will try to get on track next season.

This season is more about crowds, hoopla and the Becks circus. Winning soccer falls a bit down the list in LA it would seem.