It's Official

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by CannuchMackem, Jan 7, 2016.

1. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hope you're right about him, he hasn't played much football in the past 2 years and the prem league is a lot tougher than the continent leagues. This however does not make good reading for the club as a whole!!!

Lorient’s vice-president has criticised Sunderland’s conduct after the Premier League side pulled out of a deal for Ivorian defender Lamine Koné.

Sunderland had a bid accepted for the 27-year-old at the end of last month and Koné appeared set to become Sam Allardyce’s first signing of the transfer window last week.

However, with Bayern Munich’s Jan Kirchhoff having been pictured at the club’s training ground on Wednesday as he arrived for a medical, Lorient vice-president Alex Hayes confirmed that the move for Koné is now off.

“It’s quite outrageous,” Hayes told French newspaper Le Télégramme. “We gave Sunderland our consent last Tuesday, Lamine left the next day to have contract talks, but the player warned us there were problems in negotiating his contract.

“Because of the holidays it dragged out until Monday. They tried to change the pre-agreed deal. Lamine called me to ask if he could return to Lorient and I told him with great pleasure.”

Koné missed last weekend’s cup victory over Tours and will not be available for this weekend’s Ligue 1 fixture against Rennes after missing training.

“Our defensive pillar was lost for the cup game against Tours and for the Rennes derby, for nothing,” said Hayes, who added that the club are now exploring legal options.

“It’s quite outrageous on the part of Sunderland who, meanwhile, have negotiated with a Bayern player.”

3. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All 6' 8" of Pants has gone.......(undisclosed fee?).....to Watford......good luck big man, thanks for everything :cool:

4. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sad--------------he kept us up last season, Vito should have gone if anyone!!

5. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This one has been a bit messy really, I do hope however that he can help us, he has signed for 41/2 years so if we are relegated he will still be with us. The club is doing it's best to be getting rid of the crap that has been with us for too long now, I just hope Sam sticks around long enough to get us settled and for us not worry year in year out about our relegation battles.

And CM------------where the hell is everyone else from here????

6. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know where everyone else is.....Roker is around, and we talk on game days, but he has lots on the go with work and home renos........I guess it is up to us to keep the flag flying high, until they all come back.
    Big Sam may not be finished wheeling and dealing just yet......and I do think he is in it for the long haul.;)

7. Tazzbob

Tazzbob Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I'm still around.been in hospital getting a pace maker,now I'm all charged up and ready to go

8. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is great to hear Tazz :)

9. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well it has been eventful if nothing else, Fletch a 12 mill signing gone for free really, he is just off the wage bill, Sam has cleared out nearly all the dead wood and no doubt will be building HIS team for the future. IF we survive this season it will be interesting to see who or what he brings in, however if we go down, (and I think we will if I'm honest) we should have a good base of players able to give us a better chance to come back up.

I find the Fletcher move very strange, no one to replace him means we are hoping DeFoe doesn't get injured, a big ask!!

11. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Anyway it'll be interesting to see how we go tonight/tomorrow morning!!!!HAWAY THE LADS!!

12. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that is why he brought in N'Doye in. Now we have Khazri tucked in behind them......I think we may be OK:sneaky:

13. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  14. Albb45

Albb45 Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    CM FAR.TAZZ. I am also recovering, but I'm back!!
    It's almost a total different team since my last post, but it's Sunderland
    and that's all I need..... Looking forward to Man U tomorrow.
    Away the lads

15. Tazzbob

Tazzbob Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Welcome back Albba45

16. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club: