Its Official! The England Squad Is Made Up Of Prima-Donnas

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by jumhed, Oct 8, 2003.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I can see 'em now

'Ooooh, my mate din't get to play, even though he broke the rules, maybe we should strike!'

So, I've decided to choose an alternative squad for Eriksson, should it come to that.

So off the top of my head;

----------Ian Walker--------

Danny Mills---Southgate---Ehiogu---Le Saux

Anderton----McManaman---Dunn----Thompson

------------Fowler----Jansen/Dublin

Your turn!

2. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Carlton Cole, Jermaine Jenas, Jody Morris, Joe Cole, Jermaine Pennant, Titus Bramble, Keiron Dyer, Lee Bowyer, Shoala Ameobi, and Wayne Quinn. They all seem to be in amazing form and will surely be able to score in Istanbul.

3. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    England players reject boycott

England's players will face Turkey on Saturday but have strongly criticised the Football Association over the Rio Ferdinand affair.

They denied ever having considered a boycott and hit out at the FA over its handling of the suspension of Ferdinand which sparked the dispute.

The defender was excluded from the squad after failing to attend a routine drugs test.

"The organisation we represent has let down one of our team-mates. We feel they have failed us very badly," the players said in a written statement.

The settlement was revealed by England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson and FA chief executive Mark Palios after a tense day of negotiations at the team hotel in St Albans.

Eriksson said: "I hope we can now focus 200% on football."

"The players attitude to Rio shows they have created a very strong unit and I am sure you will see that on Saturday," said Eriksson.

The players' statement revealed their depth of feeling over the unprecedented breakdown in relations between the national team and the domestic game's governing body.

They made it clear just how badly they feel that Ferdinand was treated, adding that he was "entitled to confidentiality and a fair hearing in front of an independent commission".

The statement added: "We believe the people responsible for making that decision did not give Rio Ferdinand that due process - which has disrupted and made the team weaker against the wishes of the manager and the players."

And the conciliatory tone used by Palios indicated the FA is prepared to accept some of the blame for the stand-off.

"I fully appreciate, understand and respect the support the players have given Rio. Teams do stick together," he said.

4. idi amin

idi amin New Member

Nice list, to bad you seem to have no concept about the sport of soccer or formations. With the players you listed and a healthy dose of player positional diversity England would be lining up in
    0-3-5-2 formation or possibel 0-4-4-2 formation. Are you aware of the position of Goalkeeper, I do believe soccer is played with one?

5. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    I know football better than you do, believe me.

I guess you didn't see through this list of players. They are all (rightly or wrongly) accused of rape.

I didn't add in the goalkeeper as none of them are mentioned to be rape suspects.