It's Official Now: Lee Eul-Yong to Liver Pool with Michael Owens!!!

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by daraverla, Jul 4, 2003.

1. daraverla

daraverla New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    http://www.sportsseoul.com

(Should be in soccer section, browse if you know Korean.)

While he is still in the negotiation stage, I think there is a very good chance that he will join Michael Owens in playing for Liverpool.

After all, the suitors don't have to pay any transfer fee, since he is an officially "free-agent".

Man, I am already getting excited for WC 2006.

And by the way, "Ahn" who?

2. FirstSolidSnake

FirstSolidSnake New Member

Mar 23, 2003
    I knew he was going to be good. Congrats to him and best of luck.

3. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    nope not decided yet. It says that he's persued by Liverpool and Everton. Nothing's final yet.

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    It's not Liver Pool, it's Liverpool! It's not Owens, it's Owen! Grrrrrrr!

And don't believe any Liverpool news until you read it at the official site: http://liverpoolfc.tv/news/

5. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    They won't put anyting on the web unless he actually has signed with Liverpool. So even at the point where Liverpool made an offer and Lee accepted that, it won't be posted on their website because they haven't actually signed the document. Sure it is absolutely credible source but to say you shouln't believe anything is a bit of stretch. Obviously I'm not saying we should think that Eul-Yong is going to Liverpool and I think we should hear some more news until the deal materializes (still all talks no action yet I belive), but I would say in many cases you don't really have to wait until Liverpool website posts the news to find out if a player is signing with Liverpool.

6. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Does that mean that news of Lee CS signing for Sociedad will not be on the official site until it's on paper?

Because it's not on the official site (yet).

Anyhow, I haven't read the Lee EY-Liverpool thing elsewhere, so I'm not quite ready to buy into that bit of news. If it's true, then good on him.

7. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Wow, we got our first La Liga player and now we may get our first Premier league player? That would be great.... then again its only sportsseoul but hey I was wrong on the whole Lee CS deal not being true too. Let's hope I'm proven wrong again.

BTW, I didn't read any articles there that mentioned him and Liverpool... I did see Everton and Manchester City, though. Imagine Lee EY with Li Tie or Sun Jihai in midfield.. that'd be cool. Personally I'd like to see him go to Everton, since I would love to see the Lee-Radzinski combo as well (Since I'm living in Canada I'm a big Radzinski fan :D )

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Well, I agree that it's a bit of a stretch, but with so many rumors going around, it's hard to determine what's true and what's just speculation. My point is that even credible news sources can report bad information, but a club's official site will never report a rumor or speculation as fact.

9. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
  10. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I've seen one case though. Southhampton did it when CS Lee's transfer to Southampton was very much in veil.

11. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Yeah, and look what came out of that.

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I should probably correct my statement to say that Liverpool's official website won't post rumors. They were accused of tampering when they acquired Christian Ziege a few years ago, and part of the evidence against the club was the website posting news about the rumor before it became official.

Last season, they announced that they will not mention names of potential transfers until they sign with the club.

13. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    liverpool deny they are interested in lee eul yong

14. Pine

Pine Red Card

Jun 24, 2003
    source?

15. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Ever heard about the Real Madrid policy? :p

16. soydog

soydog New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    home
    Just read this here

"Also, Just read somewhere that Liverpools interest inLee Eul Yong is nothing to be. Apparently Lee is in some issues with his former korean club about who owns him. (As His turkish club did not pay his full transfer fee) Sad Sad Sad."

New reports anyone?

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Well, whatever the issue, there's no chance that he's going to Liverpool, since they've already announced that they've made the last purchase of the summer. Plus, Liverpool were always going to get Harry Kewell and I don't think they had any interest in Lee.

Everton may still be a possibility, but Fulham's Simon Davis and Real Madrid's Steve McManaman are their first and second choices.

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

Actually I heard today in Fox Sports noticias that Everton signed Macca on a free!

19. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    lee eul yong thing is just a rumour imho.

they've already got kewell and riise on the left...plus houllier is only interested in "young players who can be developed".

20. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    no the issue has been solved few weeks ago. The club stated that it would let Lee to go wherever he wants as long as he goes to a European club. However, the club will have the ownership once Lee returns to K-league. Not sure about other Asian leagues or American (north & south) leagues though.

21. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    that's not a policy.

That's their law.