Its official MLS and Chivas reach a agreement

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Frank Cunha, Oct 27, 2003.

1. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he has a Costa-Ricans-only policy with Saprissa.

2. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Then to be consistant he needs an American only policy with Chivas de San Diego.

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish Vergara and Garber would get together and make joint statements, as of right now there is so much contradiction its just turns my stomach.

Vergara says
    ""We are convinced that a Mexican team is what the MLS needs," I say hello screw head this is USA we don't need a mexican team, if that is your plan get the "blip" out of here .

and how stupid can you get, why look at Chicago and Los Angeles, they have successful franchises in place
    "MLS and Chivas officials are touring possible sites, including Houston, Chicago and Los Angeles, but MLS commissioner Don Garber said both sides were "leaning toward'' San Diego.

and here is Garber talking thru his A**
    "This is a very storied and famous Mexican club that has millions of fans here in the United States,'' Garber said. "To expand their brand into an American soccer league will give us the ability to tap into their current fan base and give us a very credible and meaningful team.'' hello screw head their brand of soccer? what brand is that, they will have a max of 3 FA mexicans right, the rest should be americans it is what your league says as in the following statement
    "The league would not allow the new Chivas team to sign more Mexican players than current rules allow. MLS regulations allow each team to have a maximum of three players over the ages of 25 without U.S. citizenship. "

IF somehow this Chivas team will get an all mexican team, I will not support MLS ever again, its a fiasco to be ashamed of.

4. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    I thought they were relatively recently trying to get Amado Guevara back, so I'd say they're neither all-Mexican or all-Tico.

But why would it be hypocritical? When, exactly, has Vergara said that only Mexicans could play soccer?

5. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    I agree. But I make a distinction between being part of the world supermarket and being literally a league of farm teams and brand extensions.

(Remember what I said about xenophobes fearing change?)

As the super clubs discover their global marketing leverage, I hope MLS will consciously defend the autonomy and identity of MLS and its teams, though I accept this Chivas USA concept as an exception. I wonder if Barca Sacramento or the Portland Gunners would really work anyway - the prevailing trend for successful farm teams has been to beef up their local brand i.d., right?

Can't imagine a Boston Celtic team. :)

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Chivas y América con visión a EU

[​IMG]

je je je