It's halftime, Who'll be MVP?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by FAS, Jul 10, 2005.

1. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Went with Cerritos.....I know he isn't glamorous, and he's had some shots he should have finished, but he just keeps going out there and getting it done. He's played more minutes than anyone except Onstad (the only Quake to play every minute) and Barrett; he does all of the little things; he shows great teamwork and appreciation for his teammates; and he's got 5 goals and 6 assists. Kind of the poster boy for the Quakes this year - overachieving based on what you probably expect from him skill-wise, but his heart and determination keep him coming at you and working the entire game.

2. emailryoung

emailryoung Member

Feb 6, 2003
    California
    I voted for Califf. Reviving the defense after losing 2 starters? Wow.

But if I were able to write-in my pick, it might be Dom. Or Dom and (ducking) Lalas. Those two took a lot of grief in the off season, and in the early weeks. But their vision has allowed us to field a very competitive team despite all the player migration and off-field drama.

GO QUAKES!

3. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DeRo, Cerritos, Califf, and Robinson. Pick one...

4. Bebeto

Bebeto Member

Feb 24, 2000
    I voted Cerritos.
    He's on a tear, and lately he's been the conduit to our success, tracking back to link in midfield. His vision on the field is incomparable. His work ethic infectuous.

I say that DeRo definitely deserves his dues as well, for getting put into a new "key" role and out-performing at it...

Rico Suave could potentially eclipse both these guys, however. He is quickly becoming a fan favorite. His assist on Saturday was a thing of beauty, reminded me of Manny Lagos in his 2001 form and how he used to tear it up with those big gazelle strides.

5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Alot of people are saying, "Up to this point..."

Well, thats nice.

The question in hand is, "Who will be the MVP for the 2005 season."

As stated above, I think Brad "MF" Davis.

This guy is the SINGLE reason our offense has confidence.

Ever since the season opener against New England, Davis had been the best Quake on the field game in and game out. Look back at tapes of every game before his US callup. This guy has orchastrated almost every Earthquake goal. I think when he comes back from camp, BMFD10 is going to tear it up even more.

6. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the poll says who will be MVP for 2005.... And DeRo the most votes?! WTF?! You guys been sharing some of that stuff you claim he smokes?!

That's just craziness. Insanity.

7. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Not sure what makes you think it's insane, ifyou're going to call people insane at least try to provide some useful argument to back up your opinion.

I think if you read the thread you'll see a number of people explained why they picked Dero, his hustle, determination, willingingness to go all out for 90 minutes and play defense as well as offense, taking on a new role and providing a marked improvement to the team's performance to mention but a few.

8. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MVP?
    Landon.

Landon-hate has fueled this franchise all year. Any success will be because of him.

9. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps Kinnear? With maybe and honorable mention of Doyle as well, for assembling this group and developing a cohesive team? 13 of the 30 currently rostered players were playing for the Quakes last year, granted 8 of the new players are draft/discovery signings.

How many games/player have we missed due to injury? (Ching, Mullan, Robinson, Califf, Waibel, Dayak) How many have games/player have we missed to Nats commitments? (Davis, DeRosario)

btw, (I think) I voted for DeRo.

10. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Glad to see Dero is the popular choice :)

11. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But are you worried about your mental health? ;)

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

12. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    :eek: What mental health? Just like money, i stopped worrying about what i don't have. :)