It's Expected I'm Gone - Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombier

zombier Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Jersey City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We need to qualify for the group stages before we can even think of making any moves for hazard. Don't get me wrong, Lille will want a king's ransom for hazard, but I cant see not taking 30m for him.

I just worry that Arsenal dont have the ability to hold on to players like Hazard. In 2-3 years city will probably want him and with our wage structure he'll be gone.

We need to take some of this money from the sales of cesc and nasri and revamp our damn wage structure.

2. Tiberius

Tiberius Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am not a big fan of adding more youth to this team but Arsenal should use every penny they get from Nasri on Hazard, he looks to be a fantastic player and will contribute to this team immediately.

3. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    We need a goal scorer, especially with Vela on loan and Bendtner out the door soon. That leaves RvP and Chamakh up top (and maybe Theo).

I'd take Parker if only because he fills the Ray Parlour role we've missed so much. Was watching a match from 2003 earlier in the week and it was so refreshing to see our midfield go in, win a ball and get the ball moving. No d!cking around, no **********footing about tackles, just doing what needed to be done to win. Parker would bring that, and damnit if both Chelsea (Essien), City (de Jong) and United (Scholes/Park) don't have someone like that.

4. akindele12

akindele12 Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Parker is good player, but on his best day, he couldn't do the things Ray could do. In saying this, we do need a someone in the middle to hold it down, cause for large spells Udinese bullied the middle, winning most of the challenges, just getting their way.

We all know what we need, but we've known this for 2/3 seasons now. I'll be shocked if they sign more than one player, when need about 4 players. Can't believe this bunch waited so long to start making moves. Nasri, Cesc, Eboue, and Nik's situation had no business taking this long to get sorted out.

5. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you don't know that.

6. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Okay, if you say so. He's solid and I'd take him, but it's just not going to happen. It's not AW's way. Besides, there's no guarantees he would even come with the possibility of sitting on the bench for the twilight of his career. Don't see it. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a pint.

7. Dial_Square_1886

Dial_Square_1886 New Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Goodbye Nasri you are just another Anelka. Worthless

8. LuckyDay

LuckyDay New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wenger has told Sky Sports that he will spend 30-40 million if the right players are available but in the meantime fans will have to content themselves with Campbell a 19 year old superstar prospect from Costa Rica.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/i-will-spend-says-wenger/tabid/91/newsid/75953/default.aspx

9. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he always says he's willing to spend if the quality is available. that's nothing new.

I hate to say we need this guy or that guy because I like the players we have and I want to see them succeed. I'd love to see someone like M'Vila come in, but I like Frimpong and there isn't room for both.

Same thing applies to other players like Ramsey and Chamberlain.

We're in a very tough situation. Easiest way to put it.

10. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    We're not, these kids are not ready to play at this level consistently. They need more experienced players to show them how its done.

Lets be honest here Fabregas was a veteran in our team. Now he goes to Barcelona and he's a kid in that team. I'm not saying we should have Barcelona depth, because that's impossible now days, but atleast we should be aiming for a 23-28 year old players who have been around for a few years and have been playing regularly.

11. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm up and I'm down with this subject.

One day I'm certain we need Mata, M'Vila, Cahill...

The next I'm thinking about how much I like Djourou and how bringing in someone like Cahill completely kills his chances, etc etc.

12. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Djourou, but he's had his chances. Inconsistent as a starter, and injury prone as well. In my book he's got to fight for his place and hasn't earned any sort of protection, he's gonna be 25 this season. How long can we afford to wait?

At the same time, i'm not sold on Cahill.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    depressing ass summer, probably my last of watching prem football....i cannot stand this shite anymore

what's the point in a league system when teams like city exist?

14. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    doesn't matter which league you watch, they ALL have someone who can outspend the rest....even amateur leagues have at least one team paying better "expenses".

15. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just can't believe we find ourselves in this position...the incompetence is astounding.

This does not happen at other teams.

16. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree on Djourou. He is a No 3 CB at best. He is injury prone. I would not mind Cahill, with Kos, T Verm and him rotating, Arsenal would be set at CB for a while.

17. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Developing players was supposed to be a means to an end, not the end itself. Unless we have a wonderkid on the the level of Cesc/Wilshere, we need to go with higher quality, proven players and let the rest of our youth follow a more natural development path.

Sticking players like Frimpong and Jenkinson into such high stakes games at this stage of their careers does no good for us, or them.

18. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Wake up.... Go online....News now, no news...twitter, Cahill may be going to Liverpool, Frimpong wants to play more, Liverpool will only have 1 injury, and from Arsenal, Miyaichi is putting 'ryo' as his name on the back of his shirt.....sigh, why do I even bother?

19. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why do you bother? Good question

20. Lemartes

Lemartes Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why is that at all notable ?

21. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    well, we weren't allowed to put "cesc" or "quincy" on the shirt.
    now we have idiocy like "chicarito" or "kun"

22. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/13803

Interesting and upbeat analysis amid the doom and gloom. I definitely share his views!
    I may be overly optimistic but I still believe in Arsene and think that the Club
    will quickly recover from Cesc and Nasri departure.

23. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great article! Who disagrees with this?

"What I am certain is that Arsenal under Wenger is leading the only team in a major European league which consistently gives the other clubs funded by unlimited oil wealth, dodgy oligarchs and corrupt and/or unsustainable bank practices a run (quite literally) for their money."

24. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's down to the name that is on the passport, iirc

And Cesc has "Fabregas" on the back of his Barca shirt, so I am sure that isn't a big deal with him

25. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, in this regard, I lost a bit of respect for van Bronckhorst after he left here. :)