It's Expected I'm Gone - Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CROLLER

CROLLER Member

May 2, 2002
    philly
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So AW says the Nasri deal is "far from being done" and 24 hrs later Mancini says he expects it to be done in 24-48 hrs. (scratches head while looking bemused)

2. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wenger:

Mancini today:

3. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You got in there before me ;)

4. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    The thing is we do have a large wage bill for the team. What they need to do is stop giving the Denilsons, the Bendters, the Diaby's 60k a week wages as they don't deserve half of it. Unfortunately we've been way to generous with mediocre players like Denilson and the best striker in the world and not generous with the good ones. Great strategy. There is a reason why someone like Almunia, Vela, and Denilson can't find new clubs. Its not the transfer fee, its the ridiculous wages we are paying to these sub standard players. A big mistake by Arsenal.

5. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    We try to get ahead of the curve by signing young talent to new contracts to prevent them from blowing up and leaving.

6. Sgunner

Sgunner New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I want to see more of them. Just look at them and their swagger.

[​IMG]

7. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember when we had grown-ass men on the team instead of teenie boppers?

8. Tucson Gooner

Tucson Gooner Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The only thing that can save me from totally losing it after this Mata news is bringing in Hazard and a CB. I'd love a striker, too, but that would be asking for the impossible.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just making a wild guess here, but doesn't he seem to have alot more freedom that other managers have? Up until this year, he has always been able to have the preseason camp in Austria.

Plus they seem ok with him tearing apart the youth academy and rebuilding it to the way he wanted it. You could also include the amount of youth intakes he brings in over older, proven players.

Plus doesn't Wenger have a degree in economics where he understands the principle about structure so it doesn't destroy the club(think Leeds).

10. biggonez

biggonez BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's called negotiating. I'm pretty sure the reason he played yesterday was a negotiating ploy. Most fans don't get it (and think he's just lying) when he says things like this.

Look: "It's a big problem if he plays against Udinese."

Sounds like it's working.

11. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Would love for this to happen, but would De Rossi leave Roma?

12. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he did, I doubt it would be for Arsenal. I thought there had been some rumors linking him to Man U, but all signs pointed towards him staying in Rome.

As for Mata, Arsene already said that it was a dead file. If we really wanted him and he had a buyout clause in our price range, I think we would've gotten him by now.

There are still lots of interesting names out there. Hazard. M'vila. Zarate. Ayew.

I have to believe that we'll add a body or two. It would just be mind-boggling if we didn't. I still think we can field a very strong best 11 when everyone is fit and not suspended, but we've lost a lot of players without bringing in direct replacements and these last couple weeks have shed light on our lack of quality depth.

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yes!

His father in law was murdered, he and his wife have separated, and he hates Italian football apparently (probably due to the bad news thats been around him the last year).

Not suggesting Arsenal would sign him though. His salary demands, alone, would make this a nonstarter.

14. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're saying he needs to get the hell outta Dodge, then?

15. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Rennes have already said that they wont sell him atm and the player himself has said that he doesnt want to leave.

Edit: Im obviously talking about M'Vila

[​IMG]

Wenger signed 4 of those guys in the one window when we went 3 seasons without a trophy. He isnt a fool, he knows when we need additions but his hands are tied to bring in top level players because all around him other clubs have left us behind in wage packets. These guys were turned out to be the spine of The Invincibles team and arguably among the best players in the clubs history

16. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't put much stock in what teams/players say at this time of year.

17. ithacat

ithacat Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ithaca, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what his views are on jump starting a stagnant economy?

18. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    fyp

19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree. I dont think Rennes will reject an increased offer of 22 to 25 M Euros.

I highly doubt that MVila would reject a move to the Gunners either.

20. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this season some sort of test of devotion? Mata to Chelsea? Maybe we should sell Wilshire to Citeh. Van Persie to Real Madrid maybe?

21. No1ArsenalFan

No1ArsenalFan New Member

May 6, 2004
    Looking from the outside in everything about this football club is a joke and looks like it has got to the point of no return. I don't know what to do about it because I'm not an expert. Does anyone think the experts know what to do because it doesn't look like they do.

This team isn't good enough to finish in the top 4. Something drastic needs to be done to change things around.

All signings to be made around now will be overpriced.

I give it a couple if years before we fail to attract any new players.

22. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A lot of talk about transfers lately, which is exciting. I hate to be 'that' guy but honestly do we need M'Vila? We have Song, Frimmy, and even Diaby. Wouldn't a more attacking midfielder be more ideal at this time? I don't mind it though. I trust Wenger. At least he's openly come out and admitted the team was too you and naive. He said...'We will buy. We will bring experienced players in as well. People just say 'buy' but it's to buy the right player which is hard'.....
    MUSIC TO MY ********CCCCING EARS.

Some papers are reporting Wenger will buy Jagielka, Hazard, and M'Vila and maybe Marvin Martin. That would be more than enough to keep us in the top 4. I doubt we will buy that many players though. It would easily be like 60m plus. And that's unrealistic for us.

23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you need someone to talk to?

http://www.samaritans.org/

08457 90 90 90

You'll get through this.

24. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's all about the wages on offer. if arsenal offer him top dollar, he'll push for a move...and that will be that.

25. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    if we can't offer an appealing upgrade on the wages of a team that average about 25,000 at home and have won only the intertoto in the last 28 years then we may as well just top ourselves and have done with it.